Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #269

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #2  

Smile

Good evening ladies!

Well, I was up and out of the house by 7:15a.m. Too early!
But it's only for a week, so I can live with it.

Jane--Hurray for another 2lbs down. You're doing fabulously and I'm proud of you!! My WI was down .5lbs. Better than a gain I suppose. I think I need to work out more....I'm eating very good and keep my portions and fat content at bay. 12 weeks until Christmas.....well let me tell ya....September got by me so darn fast! Seriously, it was shocking to be dating everything today for Oct. 1st. I better get my rear in gear and get my homemade gifts started.

Sassy--I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your hubby gets the job. It sounds like it would just be perfect for the both of you...and being closer to family is a bonus. (you did say you'd be closer to family didn't ya?) Did you get your TV all hooked up??

Kathy--Surprises are always nice. I thought I was having another boy when I carried Jhanai. I just KNEW I was having one....boy was I surprised when I was told I have a little girl! When is she due? As for decorations...I got sidetracked and didn't get any. Next weekend I'm hoping to.

Mindee--Tell me more about this Christmas store you're going to. My favorite thing is going to this Christmas bizarre at the Expo in Portland. Ton's of homemade gifts and food and stuff. I don't really buy much, I just enjoy the cheerful atmosphere, and the fact that my hubby doesn't mind tagging along.....makes him perfect!

Cristina--Yeah on walking. I've been getting better w/walking too....but I think I need to do more. Going to find a core workout to do. My middle is just not too pretty.

Tammy--I've closed the other thread so you weren't last....now you can be one of the first!

Not a lot going on tonight. I'm tired and will be going to bed early. I need to walk first. That's always a priority. At least some form of exercise.

Ok....time to find something for dinner before it gets too late.

Have a good night ladies!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #3  

Trish--Hope you found this spot. Feel free to just pop right in. We'd love to get to know you more. Happy to have you a part of the group.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everybody, Thanks Marti for the welcome and yes, I found this spot and it is great to be a part of this group. I am pleased to say that I have had two really good days back on my WW Plan. Just taking it one day at a time.
Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-02-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

HI ladies...We had a good day here. Mom did not get nauseous, her back didn't pain her and no chest pains. Plus, she is getting her appetite back (after losing 15 pounds that she couldn't afford to lose) I was able to get ALL of the laundry done and bed clothes changed. Even went out and weeded the flower bed I put lots of ferns in. Mom came out and walked around the yard for quite awhile. *fingers crossed* that we have hit on the proper meds. to keep her feeling well.
DD brought us a pot of baked potato soup for dinner, DH un-loaded the dishwasher and washed the dormer windows. I am getting all kinds of help, so things are easier than I feared they would be.
Tomorrow I am going to get back to biking and exercising...come h**l or high water.

Hi Trish and welcome. Hello to everyone else and thanks for the good vibes sent my way. Looks like they are working.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

suetalks
I am glad to hear your mother is doing better. I am sure glad to see you are getting the help you need.

Marti
Always be happy with the lose. You have less to lose now than you did before.

Jane
Way to go, feels nice doesn't it.

Kathy
When I had my daughter they didn't know the whole time what the baby was going to be. I KNEW. Right after she was born I yelled WELL WHAT IS IT the doc started laughing, he said you said it was a girl the whole time you have been carrying it, why are you asking me. YUP was a girl.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #7  

Good Morning Ladies--
I set my alarm for 'extra' early so I could get a walk in. So 2miles down and now I need to hit the showers and then breakfast................then, off to work I go.

Trish--Glad you found us here. Happy to hear that WW is working well for you. Jane is also doing WW. You two can chat about that when she comes in.

Sue--Oh so happy to hear your mother did well! And what a wonderful family you have to help you out so you don't feel overwhelmed. Your family all deserve a big hug!

Rennie--You are so right. A loss is a loss. And I'll take anything.

Good morning to the rest of you out there.

Ok, I need to manage my time here so that means I need to get off this thing. You all have a great Tuesday and I'll chat w/you later.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Tammy - I'm hoping everyone reads all the posts on the last thread when we start a new one. Anyway, glad to see you and I hope you're back soon.

Marti - yay for the .5! It all adds up, right? You're doing great with the exercise.

Rennie - yep, it does feel nice to lose.

Cristina - miss you!

Sassy - sorry the vacay is over - how's the re-entry to the job going?

Mindee - like Marti, I'd like to know more about the Christmas store, too. Btw, when's your next visit from the nutritionist who cooks with you?

Trish - I just re-started WW 2 weeks ago, and don't know why it took me so long to get back in the right frame of mind. Glad you found us - I think you'll like it here.

Sue - glad your mom is better, and that everyone is chipping in and helping with cooking, cleaning, etc.

Hello to everyone else.

I've been working on the 2 pioneer dresses. All I have left to do is have the girls try them on for length, and then sew on the bottom ruffle.

Food, water, and exercise is all going well. I bought the WW cookbook, and want to try some of the recipes. Seems like we eat a lot of the same stuff, over and over.

Still have to do my iTunes stuff, so I better skeedaddle. Have a good one, chickas.

Last edited by Jane; 10-02-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Just popping in to say a quick hi. Got home from work late, so now I must run and make supper. Biggest Loser is on tonight. Will have to watch that...

Chat later.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 PM   #10  

Good Evening ladies!

How are you all doing? How did the day go w/exercise and eating? Mine went well. I know I could do much better in both areas but at least I'm working on it. I feel good about that.

I didn't want to get up early this morning just to walk, but I did and felt great the rest of the day. Just something I must do. I suppose. I think I may do some sort of work out tonight.......just not sure what yet.

My eating is ok. I can definitely improve. Portions are good but I need more veggies. And I must get in more water. I'm not sure why it's such a difficult thing for me! Will have to make a better commitment to that.

All in all....I rate today: Good

( Poor: Good: Great: Fantastic: )

I've got way to much time on my hands.

Jane--Is there some kind of event coming that you're making pioneer dresses? Or is this for Thanksgiving time? They sound adorable.....please post a photo once you're done.

Kathy--I can only watch part of Biggest loser tonight....Hubby has two other shows that are being recorded...and I've been a tv hog lately. You'll have to tell me who got voted off.

Hello to the rest of you gals.

Ok...I have some cleaning up to do. You all have a great evening.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the welcome. I had another really good day. Haven't had a hard time staying within my points for the day. Drank lots of water and did a little exercise. Have to be careful with my knee until I get it stronger so it doesn't hurt. Losing the weight will help that.

Jane - Are you using the Core or Flex Plan? I like some things about the Core Plan, but I really need to structure of the Flex Plan. I don't trust myself to stop when satisfied. I have done that in the past, but I'm not sure I know what that is right now so I am safer with the portion control of counting pts with Flex Plan. I also find that when eating out that I have to eat less to keep the pts in check.

Hope we all have had a really good day.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 10-02-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Marti - I like your rating system, and may use it myself, if you don't mind. I'd give myself a for today. Food has been great, but exercise no so great. The dresses are for Pioneer Day at school. And sure, I'll post a picture when I get one Friday.

Trish - I'm doing Flex. I tried Core when it first came out, and knew it was not for me! Like you, I can't be trusted with a plan that doesn't limit portions. That's how I got in trouble in the first place. I don't eat out much, but when I do, I plan ahead with my restaurant print out, if possible. Btw, my knee is also messed up. I hurt it almost 2 weeks ago, but it's getting better.

Well, since we have a new computer, I had to reload my cds to iTunes for my iPod. It's all done now, thank goodness. Katie was here this evening, and it was good talking with her. I don't get to see her as much as I'd like - usually just once or twice a week, now that she goes to the laundramat in town, lol.

Getting sleepy - nighty night, ladies.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #13  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I hate late nights. Can't sleep, everyone is in bed. Walking around the house with nothing to do. Sit here and read posts lol. At least I am not eating but drinking a ton of tea. Bet my carb count isn't pretty when I check it in the morning lol.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #14  

Good Morning Ladies--

I'm tired. I got to bed at 12:30....up by 5:30.

I got in a 30 min. workout last night using the Exercise on Demand. There are so many different workouts out there! I found one for Billy Blanks Tae Bo.......I have to say, I enjoyed it! But seriously need to find a sports bra to hold the girls together a little better. They had a mind of their own!

So, no walking this morning since I'm lacking sleep and slept in a bit. Will walk tonight.

Must start my day w/breakfast (Oatmeal & a cup of coffee) before I go so I better get off here.

Will do personals another time.

Until then.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Just a short hello for now.

Did my 3 miles at the park this morning. It's getting a little cooler and still dark at the time I used to walk so going a little later than usual. Still nice though, nice and cool. Going to do a mile or two on the treadmill as well. Yesterday did weights, rode my bike and did my 2 mile WATP. Will be doing that on Tues & Thursdays. Man, did my shoulders and arms ache after. Food is going well. I am down one pound this week but it is the pound I gained from the wedding weekend. It's all good though. I'll take it though...hoping to be at least another pound down come WI next week! Better...as much as I have been working my booty! Anywho...

Hi to everyone
Closed Thread