Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB - October '07

Good Morning Crazies . . . . . .

Well it's a brand new day and a brand new month . . . so . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . .

Last edited by meowee; 10-01-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Okay, Chickies . . . welcome to OCTOBER . . . I love this month. Let's all try to make it one of our best ever . . .

I'm promising myself that I will get moving this month -- as many of you know I really abhor exercise. But I think my magnificently quick weight loss this year (13 pounds in 9 months - give me a break ) reflects the fact that I've come as far as I can without getting into a regular exercise routine. Soooooo, yesterday I ordered two new 'toys' . . .

(1) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...929_TonyLittle

(2) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr..._070929_UrbanR

Now all I have to do is (well, after they arrive in a couple of weeks) use them. Actually, as I was doing a little bouncing around with my new "Buddy Ball" (replaced the one that sprung a leak), I was looking around my family/sun room and wondering where on earth I thought I was going to put all this stuff. Will just have to make room, because I know myself well -- out of sight means out of mind.

Anyway . . . weather is not exactly bright and shiny for the start of the new month, but hopefully it will improve. Temperature is a very chilly -1, but that is supposed to go to 17. We'll just have to wait and see what really happens, I guess.

Better get a move on, many places to go and things to do. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . . see you later . . .
Old 10-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Meowee, you and I can be on the slow-train together. 9 months in and I'm only down 14lbs!

I'm stepping up the exercise, too. 30mins a day is my hundred-day-head-start goal. I'm also really really trying to be aware of the variety I put on my plate/in my mouth. In otherwords, a bowl of pasta alone is NOT a meal, no matter the size of the serving! That pasta needs some vegetable-friends with it!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Oh I pasta. Other than my breakfast, I eat very few starches. Most of my carbs come from massive servings of vegetables . . . I'm definitely the Queen of the BIG salad . . . pretty hard to eat too many calories worth of salad greens (so long as you watch the dressing, of course).
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #5  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Yeah! Okay so I haven't posted in about three months or so and I just wanted to say, hello again my fellow Canadians
I haven't gone off the rails too badly or anything, but I did go through a stage in my little journey towards health where I was doing nothing BUT lurk around and read posts from other folks here. (If I didn't have trouble with balancing my life I wouldn't have needed to lose weight in the first place. ) So I had to take a little break over the summer. Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone and as we slide into the inevitable **** that is a Canadian winter, I guess I'll get on board again here. So Happy Monday!!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Glad to have you back with us TAM . . .
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning all ,

Today I will be getting weigh-in and I should be pretty close to the same . I have been busy with damage control the last week or so. Just after I reached my 50lbs goal , my husband the cook/ stay at home person stopped preparing my food and so I visited an old friend Wendy's 3 times for lunch during the same week and on top of that I had some garlic fingers and donairs one night for a late supper . I am not blaming anyone but myself for this setback. anyway now that I have worked hard for a week I am back to my 50lbs mark . YaY !!! I hope everyone is able to stay on track this week including me . Meowee , good luck with / scratch that here is me kicking you in the butt . Use those machines when they get in . ( ok that is not suppose to be as violent as it sounds . ) I wish you determination and endurance while using your new toys .

Well I guess I should go get ready for my official weigh-in now .
see you chickies later .
Annette
Old 10-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning everybody . . .

Annette -- feel free to me anytime -- I know I will need it on a pretty regular basis. Once the new toys arrive, think I'm going to bring 'buddy ball' up here and use him instead of my computer chair. I figure a little extra 'abdominal tightening work' can't hurt. BTW, glad to hear you are back in the groove, girl, but howcome your "chef" quit on you?

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang . . .
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #9  
Onward and Downward

GODZELLA (the Gazelle) has arrived . . . only 3 days after I ordered it . . . . . . now I guess I'd better get it out of the box and find it a home.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Hi CRAZIES . . . I'm talking to myself in here.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #11  

Good morning all , just passing thru getting ready for work .
see you all later .
have a great day.
Annette
Old 10-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

I'm on the fly too . . . see you later . . .
Old 10-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Looks like I'm talking to myself again . . .

Good Morning . . . it's a beautiful day for the start of our long Thanksgiving weekend here in northern Nova Scotia so hopefully the good weather will continue and hopefully I will stay out of "all the trimmings" that seem to go along with the turkey.

I'm exhausted and I ache everywhere after the great deal of furniture rearranging and new toy assembling that has been going on since Wednesday. Both GADZELLA (the Gazelle) and TRAMP (the Urban Rebounder) are in place and functional now . . . Yippee . . . and BUDDY (the Stability Ball) has turned into a fine new computer chair since I gave him a little more air. Think I'll be fine with the Rebounder (although I will have to fight the cats for it since they've decided it makes a fine new bed) but it may take me a bit of time to conquer the Gazelle . . . it's

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang, and a great weekend, of course . .
Old 10-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #14  

Good moring all ,

I was able to get today off . I am going to my Godmothers house to join in the festivities . She is an awesome cook . She decided to have a family reunion. It should be fun to see everyone . I hope I can behave around the food.

So Meowee , you got both of your new toys. Have you tried both of them out thus far . If so how do you like them ?

Happy Thanksgiving to all you chickies !!!

Annette
Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Sun this morning but they are predicting rain for this afternoon and into tomorrow.

So far, I like them, but will have to let you know as time goes by. I haven't really gotten the hang of things with Gadzella yet and definitely just beginning with the Tramp, too.

Have a great day. . .
Closed Thread