Old 10-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #1  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Oct. 1st to Oct. 7th Friends and Loser Thread

Boo to you! Can you believe it's October? Have a great week!

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 10-01-2007 at 06:53 AM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #2  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I LOVE THAT!! Boo to you!!

Happy Monday
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #3  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. i have to work later tonight, so i have the whole morning and afternoon free. gonna get a workout in soon.

October 1st is World Vegetarian Day! The whole month of October is Vegetarian Awareness Month. You can check out www.worldvegetarianday.org for more cool info!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning everybody!!! Hope it's a great week for one and all! I am determined to be POP this week even if it kills me! I am letting the little cheats in more often than I should. I got my maintenance info Wednesday when I went to WI and all that yummy food I get to add back has been calling my name! I just have to remember I cant have it all at once! LOL

Have a marvelous day!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Happy October everyone!! And no, Felicia, I cannot believe it's October already...time really flies!

I've been lurking lots lately, but I'm back to posting now. Work has just been a bear!

I got DD's Halloween costume and she is so excited! Her ballet class is in the Halloween parade and the float is "Enchanted Garden" so she is going to be a ladybug. I'll be sure to share pictures. 3 has to just be the best age! She's like my little best friend and just so much fun to be around. I can just sit and watch her play and I'm just amazed that this little girl is growing up right before my eyes.

Here's to a POP day!!!

Missed you all very much!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Kim, Liz and I are right there with you!! We had a decidedly "off plan" weekend... It started with a wedding rehersal dinner on Friday, the wedding itself on Saturday and the a small Octoberfest party on Sunday along with a playdate for our son and a friend at "Itz" (which is like Chuck E. Cheese on steroids)... We did our best to get veggies and fruit in, but our other choices weren't that great.. We did bring our own low-fat, reduced calorie chicken/spinach brats to the octoberfest party, but that's about as good as we could be...

On the plus side, my friend Mikey's wedding was beautiful.. There were a ton of people there and the food was fantastic... Even the kids liked it...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

good morning everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend!

was just reading the 5 day plateau buster, think I am going to give it a try. We were out of town this weekend for a wedding, and lets just say I ate and drank alot of things that I shouldn't have. Sept has been a crazy month with lots of wind up parties, birthdays, weddings, golf tournies, etc.... but now things should settle down, and I am looking forward to being pop. Thought maybe the 5day pb might help get me back on track.

wish me luck.....

gotta go tackle my mountain of laundry.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/200/165

Height: 5'9"

Good morning,

I just found this site.

I'm tiring to lose the baby weight. Thought I would say Hello.
Cripple Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome CT! Post early and post often... This is a great place for support and advice..

Glad you're here!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #10  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hello Everyone.. we are getting ready for a long weekend ahead for the Canuck Thanksgiving.. last year I had been on plan for 3 days when we got together for the dinner with family. I had my 9ozs of turkey, a 3 oz glass of wine and a three boiled new potatoes.. to my left and right and across from me was my family piling up the mashed, gravy, stuffing etc.. but I stuck to it and a year later am a much happier person. So for all those having tough times, stick it out.. those weeks where you don't lose or only see a few ounces off eventually add up!
I too have gotten off track lately though and have recommitted myself to getting right back on track.. I didn't work that hard for a year to get tight pants again! So as of today I will be sitting down and meal planning for the next two weeks. I will enjoy Thanksgiving with much more control but plan to work hard the rest of the time. So for my other slackers and weekend cheaters let's make a plan to get back to the basics!
To all the new members.. welcome!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #11  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

I am with you Kristen..... back to the basics!!! couple of extra pounds and all of a sudden the jeans feel tight. Of course - yesterday everything hurt - mainly my head. Last year I totally missed thanksgiving. All of a sudden the night before a flu bug hit me, and I spent all night throwing up, and slept thru thanksgiving.... so I am looking forward to it, but I too will have thanksgiving dinner with control - just a little bit of stuffing, not heaping spoons full.

We can do this everyone!!!
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #12  
Val

Good morning everyone! - although I suppose for some of you it's already afternoon.

Tina - 3 is such a cute age, we'll be looking for those pictures.

Liz (Dan too) Congratulations on the new truck. How exciting.

Karen - I think I forgot to mention this earlier - Congrats on the new grandbaby! Even more exciting!

Welcome CT

Quick question for you all - I thought I was being really good on the weekend and picked up 2 butternut squash (one was to make soup) and one spaghetti squash and thought I would be set for a good portion of my vegies for the week. When reviewing my book though it says that winter squash counts as a starch not a vegie, yet all the recipes I can find for spaghetti squash count it as a vegie and the butternut squash recipes are split between couting it as a vegie and a starch. Which is it? Help!
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Val, I would guess that the spaghetti squash would count as a veggie and the butter nut squash would count as a starch. But that is just my guess.

Karen, I managed to stick to the plateau buster menu for the weekend! It is actually pretty easy, and it feels very healthy to eat that way. I feel thinner even if I haven't stepped on a scale since I started it. TO always feels like I'm being a bit mean to my body, but this plateau buster just feels like I'm being super healthy.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

morning all, I FEEL GREEEAAT! just like Tony! 3 days in (NS) and 3 lbs down, now thats what I'M talkin 'bout! next weekend we go out of town for a wedding as well, so I hope I survive that! This morning I tried on a pair of 14s just for a lark,,, THEY FIT comfortably!!! I couldn't believe it! I have been hovering between a 16 and an 18 for months now! so I will be wearing 14s to the wedding, yay!!!

sounds like everyone is trying to get there head in the game before the holidays hit, thats good.

Welcome Cripple Turtle.... do we get a real name to call you? and welcome to all other newbies....

heres to a good POP day!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

awesome job lettie! glad to hear that NS is working for you!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote