Old 09-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #1  
On the Path again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Red face October Samhain Chat

Hey all, thought I'd start this a bit early, since I'll be back at work tomorrow and likely very busy.

We're going to the Twin Cites Pagan Pride festival today. Taking Dh and the kids, so it will be interesting. Most of the talks/events are too old for my kids (the best was a mask-making class but it was 5 and up), but we'll check out the vendors, chat with other like-minded folks, and maybe make a few friends!

Other than that, the usual weekend grind. LOL
jeepifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
We're going to the Twin Cites Pagan Pride festival today. Taking Dh and the kids, so it will be interesting. Most of the talks/events are too old for my kids (the best was a mask-making class but it was 5 and up), but we'll check out the vendors, chat with other like-minded folks, and maybe make a few friends!
That sounds like fun! How did it go?
I ended up spending the weekend trying to recoup so I wouldn't miss any work this week, I'm still not 100%. It was a pity since it ended up being so nice out A couple friends of ours dropped off some pumpkins for the kids, they can't decide if we'll crave these ones or try to attempt homemade pumpkin pie It shall be interesting!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Anyone doing anything for dark moon tonight?
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #4  

Quote:
Anyone doing anything for dark moon tonight?
Nothing here! I've been busy this week cleaning up the place, trying to get everything out for winter and put summer stuff away. Then I had a BRILLIANT idea to rearrange my room, now I have some space for an alter Still not exactly how I want it, but it's a start!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #5  
On the Path again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

We didn't do anything, either. Just too busy with other things. I'm working on chants/drumming for a Samhain festival in two weeks, and trying to teach the kids some songs as well. It was cloudy last night, so I couldn't even see the sky at bedtime.
jeepifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #6  

Quote:
We didn't do anything, either. Just too busy with other things. I'm working on chants/drumming for a Samhain festival in two weeks, and trying to teach the kids some songs as well. It was cloudy last night, so I couldn't even see the sky at bedtime.
It's been cloudy and grey here since Sunday I love sunny fall days!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:12 AM   #7  

I did do ritual for dark moon. I am actually placing an order this morning for more supplies...
Old 10-13-2007, 11:46 AM   #8  
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Its so hard to do anything here! My roommate is Catholic and I can't get around the city that well without a car to go anywhere.

I think, since I'm scrubbing this place down this weekend, that I''m going to clear off my dresser and put an altar there. I've never had a real altar before. Finally got my first pentacle just this year!
gaia2094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:16 AM   #9  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Wow, I haven't posted here in a loooong time! I've been busy but also, I couldn't access 3FC. It was weird but I got as far as the homepage but then when I tried to click the forums, it froze the entire comp and I'd have to force a reboot.

Hi everyone! I don't really know anyone very well but since when did that ever stop a bunch of Witches (or Pagans) from chattering away? Merry meet to everyone.

I started decorating the house for the Harvests back around Mabon but have now begun that sneaky slide into Samhain and Halloween decor, hehe. This week end, we'll go all out in the front garden with our pumpkin headed guy. I can't help it, I mean, I know Halloween is sheer commercialization of our most sacred Sabbat but guys, I love it! Even as a child, it was my favorite night of the year, even better than Xmas. You can feel the thinning of the veil and the magic in the air.

We'll pass out candy to those who come along (Halloween in England - not nearly as much fun or as big as in The States), walk our 3 year old around the block in her costume and have our Samhain feast (including a plate for the ancestors and loved ones who have gone before). We plan to do a small family ritual to include the girls and when they have gone to bed, hubby and I will do our own, more sombre ritual togther.

Also, I've been tidying the bedroom (ever notice how it can become a dumping ground for boxes that need to be stored in the loft?) and creating a meditation area in there. My Samhain resolution will be to begin a more strict meditatative practice for the coming year.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:43 AM   #10  

Hi Mummy Tummy,

I have seen you around the forum a while back, Merry Meet again!

I am with you...Autumn is my favorite season! My wedding anniversary, birthday, and everything is in October, and Samhain/Halloween is my favorite holiday...it has been since I was a child.

I am getting the last bit of our costumes finished for Trick Or Treat, and the weekend after Halloween, I will be celebrating Samhain properly with a group of Pagan friends.

I am also committing myself this year to more serious ritual, meditation, and opening myself up more...so that I feel and do more strongly spiritually.

As far as regular chat goes...I just ordered a great dark green blouse from Holy Clothing. Can't wait for it to come in-green is my color. I have lots of dance events in the coming weeks as well-so I am pretty excited.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #11  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Hi Aphil. Sorry it's taken so long to respond but I had the same issues again where I just could NOT get into the forums. Not sure why this time was successful! I'll have to have my husband look into it cos I love tihs site and hate being locked out like that.

Happy birthday, if I missed it. Heck, happy birthday if I didn't! May be awhile before I manage to get back in, hehe.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/221/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
As far as regular chat goes...I just ordered a great dark green blouse from Holy Clothing. Can't wait for it to come in-green is my color. I have lots of dance events in the coming weeks as well-so I am pretty excited.
I LOVE Holy Clothing! In fact I have a few tops, never even worn that are now too big that I will have to alter or sell.
WickedCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #13  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

HAPPY SAMHAIN!

Hope you all had a great celebration!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote