Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 09:10 PM   #1  

Angry Help!!!! Before I gain it all back!

I have been away from here for a year and WW for almost a year. I had lost 86 lbs. I started at 238.5. I was 152lb ,now I am pushing 200 again. I just started to seriously watch what I'm eating again. I found it easy to lose the first time, but I'm not finding it so easy to get my mind set towards losing again. I want to do it before I wake up and realize all 86 lbs are back. I was wearing an 8-10, now I'm lucky to get into a 14.What have I done???!!!!Looking forward to help and support, just like I recieved before.
Sue ( Suzette)
Old 04-09-2002, 09:36 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Suzette! Welcome back to the 'chics'. This is the first step in stopping the gain and beginning to lose again.

Your story struck me because I am where you are. I lost 85 pounds and have put back on 30. Now I finally put the gain on hold and am trying to get the mindset back to get the job done.

If you feel inclined, please join us at '300+ And Ready To Try Again' here under the 'Support' topic. We're just a really fun group of all different sizes, from all over trying our best to motivate, inspire and be there for each other.

Even if you don't join us, I'm sure that you will find another thread here that you will fit right into.

Good luck getting your mind wrapped around losing again. That is my wish for myself as well.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #3  

Please don't look back, or if you do so, find the positive stuff, like you did it once, you're sure to do it again, like how you enjoyed being a size ten, and basically be able to wear everything you wanted...
Then, as they say just do it...one day, one step at a time, start fresh, take it easy on yourself.
Please no guilt, and no failure attitude. You just didn't know how easily the weight can come back, now you do and you'll be more careful this time.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 01:15 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Sue... those are all good suggestions above.
I would like to add one more.
Set small goals. The first goal is to get those size 14 to fit loose.
Set that goal and then work for it.

Once you hit size 14 loose... then aim for a loose 12.
This way you have a sense of accomplishments instead of always having your goals so far away.

And start drinking water. Lots of water.
Plus one more... get active.
Walk, play tennis, ride a bike, roller skate, bowling, rack leaves, mow, just get moving. It helps you physically, emotionally and spiritually.

We are here for you.... good luck.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:39 AM   #5  

I Know how you feel I have gained and lost the same 50 lbs over and over and this last time I have really struggled to lose. I know it is harder this time because I know after all that hard work I just gained it back. I have finally had to make the life style change. I am not on a diet! The changes I make are the ones I will have to live with so I don't keep losing and gaining. I have found so much support here. We all feel your pain and are here for you and understand how you feel. Weight loss is so much more than what we eat we are affected so much by what is going on around us. I hope you will post again and find the support you need.

Sami
Old 04-10-2002, 08:31 PM   #6  

Talking

Thank you guys so much for your words of encouragement. I have actually forgotten how great it feels to read the replys of support in this forum. I am taking small steps. I realize I cannot do it over night ( although I would like to ). I am setting 10 lb goals. I only want to do it 4 times (for a total of 40 lbs)I already drink a lot of water, that is one thing I have always done. I am not active. I work at a call center where I sit on my butt all day. I also have a large physical restriction where my knee is concerned from a childhood accident.( ostioarthritis now) It is very painful and prevents me from going for walks, but I do suffer from time to time for a shopping spree or something equally as important.haha. Thanks again everyone of you.
Sue
Old 04-10-2002, 09:20 PM   #7  

Talking

Sue,

I think I know how you feel. I lost about 90 pounds over about a year's time. I went from 230 to 140. Then in the next year (this past year) I have gained back 45 pounds, half of what I lost!

I don't know what happened, it just started coming back on and I stopped eating right and exercising. My guess is that I worked so hard and was so tough on myself that I couldn't keep it up forever! I also think that I made myself lose too much weight and that a good weight for me is probably 160, not 140 like when I was in high school.

Good luck with getting back in shape. I know it's hard to get motivated sometimes. Especially when you have an old injury that makes it hard to exercise. I have had knee problems, too, but not right now. The gym that I go to (sometimes- not enough!) has this machine that's like a bike that you pedal with your arms for people who can't use their legs. I don't know if you have access to a gym or not....

Shell
Old 04-11-2002, 10:34 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Just a thought...

If you have access to a gym or a YMCA with a pool, aquazise classes are GREAT. There is no impact on your poor little knees, and it's a surprisingly good workout, without feeling like you're working out! It feels like you are playing in the water!

Alas, I too have done the old "lost and gained routine"...I had lost 40# doing WW a few years ago, and 20 of them have slowly creeped back... I'm working on that!

Good luck to you in your efforts, this is a wonderful place to be and to share your thoughts, ideas, concerns...whatever! Welcome!
Closed Thread