Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Smile Back In Kindergarten #29

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Please pull up a chair and join us on our weight loss journey!!
Old 09-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Jules - 3 more months for the baby? wow. How are you?? Miss chatting with you! Hugs to Teri .

Mindee - What does Tommy do? Halloween should be fun in your house! I usually take Gab for some trick/treating and go to a church afterwards for some safe fun. She wants to be a red power ranger this year. Seems like my plate is full, huh?? Oh, you asked about Rocky and he did call this morning. We have this horrible 3 hour difference and he is either calling at 11pm - and I will not answer the phone!! lol ....I am not getting up for any man. anyway - he is a sweetie and has a stress free life in the tropics.

Cristina - Love the Halloween avatar and tracker! How are you feeling today? My finger tips are all cracked from the dry weather. Dang -

Sue - continued hugs and prayers for you!!

So, I am having a wonderful morning. I need to go to Rach's school and track her down. I guess she came home late last night and left this morning before she could get yelled at. for not obeying about curfew. A school friend called from school wanting to know where she was...so I doubt she made it to school. Little Brat! like I don't have enough to worry about. Grrrrrrrr

Gab did wake up in a good mood, even though we were an hour late getting to bed. She took a bath and washed her hair and even said she was sorry for something.....lol - got her to school and off she went. Ain't she a wonderful little girl.......oh, Beck is fine too. She is the middle child....we kind of forget about her. .....lol

I did have a bagel w/ turkey this morning. It was soooooo good. I figured I deserved something yummy....I am also reading Into the Wild, hope to go see the movie this weekend.

Hi to Katy, Sassy,Michelle and Carol!!

anyway - off on a *child search*!!:

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-27-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...still feeling crappy. I don't think I've had these allergies like this before. Benedryl helps, a lot but I have only taken it close to bed time because it makes me sleepy. Haven't done much walking this week because of it. But I am getting back on track Monday regardless. Sorry to hear about your ex and Rachel. Hugs to you all, hope you find Rach.

About Olive Garden, I always get the lasagna. I always say I am going to try something different but it's good so I stick with it, lol. V gets the tour of italy, he likes that. Plus he eats what I don't finish, lol. Okay, what is Into The Wild...it sounds familiar but I can't think of what it is.

MINDEE...that sucks about Tommys job. They should have given him a second chance at least. Man if V didn't stay on track he would be fired by now, lol. It's hard too though with so many different people working on one plane...gotta stay out of each others way. I love the halloween stuff too! I don't decorate the house except for the lighted pumpkins I put out on Halloween night. I just put out a big pot of purple mums and then a small pot of yellow ones with a scarecrow and some pumpkins that I don't decorate. Plus a fall wreath I made...that's about the extent of decorating for the fall. I do plan on dressing up though while I hand out candy...just gotta find something to go with my black & orange stripe tights and black hat. So what will the kids be, any ideas yet? I remember when the kids were little how I recycled costumes for a few years, lol.

JULES...hugs to you. Sorry about the migraines and allergies...been there done that so I know it's not fun. I've had bifocals for a few years now and not had any problems. They were a little werid at first but made reading a lot easier. I hate that I can't get the smaller frames because of them though, like the black rim glasses, the square or oval shaped ones...I love all the new styles but I can't have them, lol. Glad to hear Teri and the baby are well.

SASSY...I meant to say the other day when you asked my weight and story that Susan has a story to tell. She has come a long way baby and is an inspiration to me! She was even in the paper! Hope you and your hubby are enjoying your time off!

SUE...hugs to you and your mommma. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

HIYA KATY, KATHY, CAROL, MICHELLE...why does it seem like I am missing someone?

As I said I have been feeling crappy and running around too much so the exercise has been suffering. I did walk a couple of days this week but that is it and very sad. I am starting a challenge on Monday though and will get back into it full force like I was. I saw this challenge on Leslie Sansones WATP site, or rather in the newsletter I receive. So I signed up for this challenge to walk more. It starts Oct 1. Probably in my head I know I am doing that so I haven't cared much about walking this week. I do plan on going to the park tomorrow and Saturday so I haven't not done anything this week, just not as much as I have been.

Anyway...hoping all is well with you all in your little corner of the world.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-29-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Hope everyone had a great day.

Where does all the time go in a day???
Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Quick Hello

Hi all, just a quick pop in to say hi and a special Hello to Jules! Glad to see you posting!

Vacation is going great, too bad mine ends in 3 nights after tonight....... But to everything there has to be an end...........

to all!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Good Morning All!

Time is ticking to get to 169 by the end of the month!!!

Oh, we found Rach, Cristina. I guess she was at school after all and even was sweet enough to check in. So, child found!! I thought they were all horrible last night so I didn't hang around the ex's too long. Gab and I went and bought some frozen dinners and played with her animals all evening. She had them going up and down the couch in a row all night long. We were escaping the lava......finally I said, lets leave them in line and start back up in the morning...she said ok to that and off we went to bed. lol

The homecoming sounds like fun Cristina!! You are such a good mother. It is silly string but with all the weird airport security things going on you might want to do that at home. We don't need to see your family on the 11pm news. haha.....

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer - It is not a very big book, I am almost done. It is about young man that went out in the Alaska wild (I think in 1991) and passed away due to starvation after 4 months. It tells a lot about his adventures bumming around the country in his last 2 years and finally he headed for Alaska.He was a very well read guy with a college degree. Anyway - Sean Penn produced his story and the movie comes out this weekend (or it might already be out??). Oprah had a show on it last week and my mom just happened to have the book.

Ok.............I better get busy!! Hope to hear from you Kathy & Jules!!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation Sassy!!

HUGS Sue & Mindee!!!!

Chat later
Old 09-28-2007, 01:57 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies!

SUSAN...glad Rach was found, lol. Are you looking forward to the trip to AR? Going to miss you when you go That book/movie sounds familiar...wonder if they already made a movie about it...if not I have seen one similar to it. Sounds good though.

SASSY...glad you and hubby are enjoying your time off. Wow, can't believe it's almost over already.

KATHY...so good to see you posting, we have missed you around here.

HIYA CAROL, MICHELLE, SUE, KATY, JULES and anyone reading this.

I've had a busy morning. Dragged my arse out of bed and went to the park for my 3 mile walk. Actually felt pretty good. Then dropped off all my stuff at the recycling place...that actuals feels good to...to be doing something to help the earth. Came home and then mowed the front and back yard, so I got a good work out today. That took over a hour. And the day is not over. V is coming home early and we are going to be working more on the pergola. Almost have it done.

Hoping everyone has a GREAT Friday!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #8  
ugggg.....

Cristina--Teri and I always go together to help pick out each opthers frames. Every pair we liked they told me were to narrow for the progressive lenses. I am having some trouble getting adjusted to the progressive lenses. I am in my contacts today. I may go back for the black frames that I loved with out the bifocal part.

SuzyQ--That movie looks really good. I saw part of an interview with the guy who plays the lead--I forgot how much weight he lost for the part--he said at the end of it Sean Penn had chocolate waiting for him. I'd like to go see the Jodie Foster movie that is playing now.

Sassy--Hey there, vacation sounds nice.

Kathy--Hi to you to , long time no chat!!

Katy & Michelle--hi to the both of you to.

Nothing exciting except waiting for the baby to arrive.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone. Happy Friday.

Cristina, so you are building a new pergola for the new house? Good thing you have already built one, so you guys are pro's now. How long will Josh get to stay home for? Hope that you are feeling better. Leslie has a website with a challenge? I might have togo and check it out.

SuzyQ, I guess you better fill me in on what is going on in your world. So Little Princess is in Kindergarten now? So is Cole. He loves it. He goes Monday and Wednesdays for full days, and 1 Friday a month. Cody (Big brother) drives him to school.

Hi Sassy, glad that your having a good vacation. Amazing how fast the time goes isn't it. I hope that you sure enjoy your last 3 days.

Mindee how are you all adjusting to Tommy's new job? Does he like it? That must be a hard shift to work. My daughter does not know what she is having. They will not tell you at this clinic that she is going to.

Jules, well it seems that we are gonna be gramma's together. My DD is expecting, but she only has about a month left to go. She is getting impatient now. Her father is having a very hard time with this, although I guess he has come to terms with it. He finally admitted it is because his little princess is growing up. It has been a terribly long 8 months at this household because of this.

Well I must run and put a certain little prince to bed. Then I must go to bed to as I have to work in the morning.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:52 AM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

I slacked on Friday, and didn't get my work out in. But I was wearing my pedometer so I was at least tracking all my walking! We are planning on going to Frankenmuth, the eternal city of Christmas to pick up some ornaments. The Christmas store, called Bronners, is about the size of two football fields! So, there will be plenty of walking around there!

I figured that I would jump on here to check in since I didn't get any notifications from the other thread!

Susan~ Tommy can do CNC machining and Mic Welders. He has pretty much done just about everything, but that is the areas that he has the most experience doing. With Halloween being on a Wednesday, we are hoping that we will be able to take the kids trick or treating together. I really want to be able to take them, but if he is working, I am not sure if I will be able to do it myself. (the idea has occurred to me to take them myself, but the only area where the kids go is to a subdivision that is a little ways down the road.) Plus, it will also have to see how cold it is going to be....and how they are feeling, hopefully they won't be sick. I forgot about the time difference between you and Rocky. It is good to hear that you guys are still talking.

Cristina~ That is so exciting that Josh is coming home next month!!! I can't wait to see pictures from his welcome home party......LOL The kids have costumes already.....but when we were at my parents house last week, I asked her if she still had this Cookie Monster costume that I used to wear, and so off to the basement we went. Right now, we already had a Tow Mater Mechanic costume for Brandon, and a duck costume that my sister made for Brandon that Marissa is more then likely going to be. While we were up north, my mom gave me a "Bob the Builder" type costume for Brandon, a clown or skeleton costume for Logan, and then a cute pumpkin costume for Marissa. So, we shall see what they will end up being. Brandon already knows that the Bob the Builder costume is in our closet, so he will go in there and pull it out.

Kathy~ I have been trying to figure out where the hours in the days go....if you find out, can you let me know please?

Jules~ That is so exciting about Teri!! Does she have any names picked out yet?

Sassy~ I hate when vacations end! they never seem long enough for me!

Susan~ Is that the same author that wrote the book "Into Thin Air"? It was about a group of climbers going to a tall mountain somewhere, I can't think of it right now. I missed that episode of Oprah. I did just see a preview for her episode on Monday, it is a show with Dr. Oz.....but it is with an audience of guys so they can get all their questions answered.

Kathy~ He hasn't started what will be his normal shift, until Monday. Thursday and Friday were a piece of cake so to speak. But the true test is going to be adjusting to his new schedule. I am hoping that it isn't going to be too hard for all of us to adjust to it. I like the idea of not finding out what you are having. Brandon was the only one that openly showed/told us what he was. Logan and Marissa we almost waited until they were born, but at a last minute u/s we were able to catch a glimpse of the parts. With Marissa, the u/s tech had to draw a circle around her girl parts because I was so used to looking for boy parts!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Happy Saturday, Ladies...

MINDEE...all the costumes sound so cute! Hopefully, Tommy will have the night off and you guys can go trick-or-treating together. WOW! That sounds like a HUGE store! Would love to have a place like that here, but I know V is glad there isn't! Especially when he has to drag out all the boxes of christmas stuff, lol. I have way too much but I like to change it up sometimes.

JULES...I too want to see Jodie Fosters new movie, might next week, just been so busy lately. Yeah, they have way too many cute frames now days to choose from. I don't need the glasses to see and the bifocals are just for reading so maybe I will get a plain prescription, like my sun glasses.

SUSAN...what are you and the girls up to this weekend? Anything special you guys are doing?

KATHY...one day I will be a grandmama Yeppers, building a new pergola on the new house, doing this one a little different since we rounded the patio. So it's a little tricky. But it is more than half way done, yay! I am tired of staining, lol. Not sure how long Josh will be home, think 2 weeks. The challenge is actually with ivillage but was in the newsletter from Leslie Sansone...I'll pm you the link to the e-mail I received today...it starts Monday and goes for 6 weeks.

Hi to everyone else

Went for a walk this morning, only did 2 miles. The wind is blowing too hard and it was chilly. Didn't help that I can't breathe, my nose is stopped up. But I did something so that's all that matters to me today. I'll do my 2 mile WATP later...going to spend a little bit of time on the 'puter and then get some laundry done. V is working today so can't work on the pergola and it's supposed to rain later anyway. Might try and get some reading in.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend ladies!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi everyone,

Katy - just wanted to pop in and say I looked at the book you recommended The Omnivore's Dilemma at a bookstore yesterday, but it looked so tedious! Is there a documentary about it that I could watch instead?

Have a good weekend.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #13  
RosieKate

We are enjoying the break from the rain...while it lasts. Guess it's supposed to rain more next week. That should make for some fun soccer practices Today, I managed to get out and take down my exterior blinds. Last year I left the bamboo blinds out too long, then they mildewed, so I am not making that mistake again. I also got a nice one hour hike in around the park. Oh, and I shopped for groceries. I think I've accomplished quite enough for one day, don't you

Howdy, Jane! I don't know what to tell you about Omnivore's Dilemma - I really enjoyed it, so to each their own, I guess. If you google Michael Pollan, you might come up with something like a documentary, but I'm not aware of any off the top of my head. If it's food recommendations you are after, I also enjoyed Marion Nestle's What to Eat. It can be read as a reference, but I was so engrossed, I ended up reading the whole thing. The whole foods thread here on 3fc has a sticky for books, I think, so there's some more ideas for you.

Cristina - I was so excited to read that Josh is coming home - that is such great news! Now you know I am going to want to see pictures of that pergola - I always want to see pictures, lol! You and V have worked wonders on that yard since you moved in.

Mindee - the kids' costumes sound cute. I can still talk my DD into cute stuff - DS wants to be the Grim Reaper, complete with the scythe and all. Oy. I want him to be a ladybug, darn it! I long for the good ol days, lol!

Kathy and Jules - y'all are too young to be grandma's! But how exciting....Even tho' my DS is 10, I'm still thinking..hmm being a grandma sounds like so much fun...it's nice to snuggle a baby. Then hand it back to mama for a diaper change..hee hee

Susan - how's your weekend going? Today's turned out to be rather nice, weather-wise. I have not read Into The Wild, but I have read Into Thin Air - and that was a real page-turner. Excellent book. I also read Under the Banner of Heaven...and it really creeped me out. It was also very well written. I read somewhere that Jon Krakauer takes the "lost boys' from the FLDS,feeds, clothes, them and finds them foster homes. The lost boys are adolescent boys who are kicked out of polygamous communities because they are considered competition for the older men who want to marry the younger girls. The boys are thrown out into the world with no idea how the world outside the compound works, no job skills, and no family or friends to help them. I really liked reading that he does something to help; instead of just writing the book, then walking away.
ETA - just googled and found this article that says more about it.

...a bit longwinded I am today

Sassy - Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

I am off to listen to my ipod and knit a for a bit. Then it's time to tidy up as MIL is coming over for dinner. Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 09-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Happy Saturday!!

Kathy -Yes, the Princees is in K! Can you believe these kids growing up soo fast!! I would be scared to death if Rach was driving Gaby - haha- how old is Cody?? Gab is going part time now but on Monday she will be bused after school for another half day program at a church. I am going to miss her. I have just been sick for a few months, took sick leave for awhile and bosses decided to lay me off in January. lol...........so, whatEVER...I am slacking until after I get back from Arkansas to visit the grandparents of Gab's fathers side. Rach is 16 and Beck is 14 (almost 15 in Janaury). I guess that is it. Oh, my nephew did pass away on 9/5 so that has been a difficult thing in the family. Especially with the R's having a cousin pass away so close to their age, he was 16. It is wonderful to see you posting!!!

Mindee - Hi, I would have to go look up Into thin Air.....I remember that one with the sports team that crashed in the mountains?? lol - probably getting all confused. I liked the story , it was very well written. Sounds like Tommy has skills!! Praying he will adjust to his new schedule. Can't wait for Halloween, I love the costumes you have in mind for the kids! You going to take the kids to a pumpkin patch??? I love going to those too.

Cristina- Hey..... I just have been getting a late start today. Gab's dad finally came and picked her up. He was late due to a safety meeting. I guess he will be drop her off on his way back to the coast to work. I looked and the movie Into the Wild isn't released to the wide screen - whatever THAT means - lol so plans to see that is down the drain. I might go get some cleaning supplies and clean the floors. *YAWN......I don't know....or make some chicken soup!You are doing great on your walking!! Very impressed, you are my hero.... btw- how are you feeling??

Jules - I like Jodie Foster too. I don't know....maybe I will go see that movie or December Boys looked good. Or maybe go to Powells and pick up another book?? I totally don't know what I am doing - lol Very excited about the baby - can't believe you and Kathy will be grandmothers!! Have missed you!

Sassy
- You winding up the vacation?? Hope you are having a great weekend.

Sue- Praying for you and your mother

Katy
- Hope you are having a good weekend with the soccer games!

Carol and Michelle
- we miss you gals too!!

whew....I think I finally got caught up!

I think some chicken soup sounds good, think I will go do a fast grocery stop and head over to the book store for some browsing. Rach has not been feeling well and Beck is upset that her counselor at school dropped her from her math class, I guess she wasn't keeping up in class. Anyway - I hope you all have a fun weekend, check in later!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-29-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

aww, you were posting when I was posting Katy!! Howdy back. Thanks for your thoughts on the books. Since Into thin Air was mentioned several times I will go look for that or
Under the Banner of Heaven.
I am doing good. Kind of iffy on Gab going to a full time schedule. She will go to St Andrews after school program. I think she will like it, just happened so fast. lol..........Whatever, I sound like a baby.
I am sure she will be fine. I need to go enjoy my free time!! lol
hugs - chat later!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-29-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Closed Thread