Old 09-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #1  

Default 9/23-9/29

Hello Hello!

I went shopping today...ughh bigger sizes. But I did get some decent clothes for work.

Even with my craptastic week I did not have Pop! 6 weeks WOO HOO!

Well have a great week everyone!

Last edited by MistySeptember; 09-23-2007 at 08:47 PM.
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi Misty, how is it going? Has it been a good weekend? Good job sticking to your no pop goal! See it can be done!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #3  
Jen

Hey all. Just wanted to update. I don't know if you remember that I was saying that dh and I were going to do the master cleanse. We've been doing it since last Wednesday, today is day 6, Friday will be the last day. So far I have lost 6 lbs. I am quite happy with that and it hasn't been as bad as what I thought. I have had times when I've been hungry but not overwhelming starvation. In some ways I've really enjoyed this because it has allowed me to step back and look at how and what I eat. I think when I do start back eating I am going to be a lot more careful what I am eating and I am definately not going to be gaining back what I have lost. My husband when he did his first cleanse back in March did not gain back what he had lost right away. He did gain back some but not all eventually but his eating started to get out of control again. I'm really feeling confident that I'm going to be making my onderland goal. The best thing right now is that my work pants are already a tiny bit looser!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #4  

Sounds like this is working for you then Jen

Just a quick post since Mr. Migraine has decided to visit Have a great night all!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #5  

Good morning!

So last night I had a monster headache. DH needed help in the kitchen so I had to put on sunglasses to even function in the light. It was bad. But I told myself now that the new tv shows are starting I would start walking. I told myself just do 10 minutes on the treadmill, I did 15. Not a huge accomplishment but more of an effort than I have put into exercising in months! Maybe a year LOL. I'm aiming for 15 again tonight. I love NCIS, so I am excited for that to start tonight. Oh and HOUSE another fav!

Lunches have been hard at the new job. They have a fridge but no microwave. I can buy a school lunch but I don't have cash, then you need to put the cash on some card and the person who does the card is never there.

I worked all weekend on this schedule thing. I am a bit frustrated with the my supervisor. I asked some very specific questions in an email and she never answered me, just sent me an email that said something like "looks like it's working out well keep up the good work". I don't know what to put on my time sheets, I don't know who to send them to or when to send them in. I am annoyed.

If I can make through this school year then perhaps I can give up my preschool and do this full time allowing my to work the same schedule as my kids and be in their school. Maybe it will get my foot in the door so I can get a different teaching job at the school or something. I really don't want to give up my preschool though. So we'll see. I need to take a positive attitude and use this time wisely. My kids seem to be ok. Unlike when I subbed in the spring they are at the same place everyday, I'm just not. So they are adjusting much better.

Have a great day everyone! What is one thing you are doing to stay on track? I packed a lunch today Not much of one two fruit cups and a snack size bag of cheese nips, but it's a step in the right direction

I am going to change my weigh in day I think. I think I'll try tracking points today. I am so far off teh wagon I think it ran over me
Old 09-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #6  
Jen

Misty - glad to see that you seem a bit more settled so far this week. Keep e-mailing your supervisor and say that you need these specific questions answered. I know my manager does the same thing, some people are just poor communicators or they are doing it on purpose because they don't want to answer the question or they don't know the answer! Keep up with the walking, you are so right that even a little is better than nothing and you have to start somewhere.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #7  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to pop in and say howdy girls! Thinking of you!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #8  

Hi all!

I have tons of paper work to do tonight, so just a quick hi. Totally off plan today. DH told me at 9 pm that I had to take the kids to daycare today b/c he had a class down state. So that added an hour to my morning and afternoon. I ate out for breakfast and dinner and had no lunch.

Have a great night all!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #9  
Jen

That's pretty rude of your husband to give you last minute notice about something. Did he just find out 5 minutes before that? I won't go on but it is annoying that sometimes it is like we are single moms...I'm in the same boat with you sometimes with my dh too. We have the kids and jobs and still have to do every other little thing around the house too, groceries, laundry, cleaning etc etc. I swear I'd rather go back to the 1950's where the husband worked and we stayed home with the kids. I'm only halfway kidding!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #10  
jeanne

Hi girls!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:53 PM   #11  
Jen

Actually worked out today for the first time in ages, only like about 20 minutes but it felt good!
Old 09-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #12  

great job on the exercise , Jen!! I know what you mean about the 50's! Why is it that when I take the kids to school I am in charge of nap blankets, lunches, drinks, show and tell, ballet gear, sunglasses (DS's eyes are dilated for the eye dr), stuffed toys for nap time, plus all my stuff, coats ect for outside play. And when DH takes them to school I have to pack all that up for him and have it ready to go? He gets them to school at 9:45 and doesn't give them breakfast! Then you have all the other non kid stuff you mentioned.

How's it going Jeanne?

I am so glad this week is over!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #13  
Jen

Morning all. I have to run in a moment to make an appearance at ds's hockey practice. That is one thing at least that is dh's responsibility but I still have to get up and look in on it anyway. It's only like a 2 minute drive so I usually don't go until the last 20 minutes or so. I find sitting and watchig practice is the most boring thing in the world! I didn't care for it when dh played hockey and I'm not overwhelmed by it now that ds is playing hockey.

Anyway the cleanse is done, lost 7 lbs over 10 day, now I just have to keep up the loss. I was hoping for more but I wasn't following it 100%. It is really hard not to eat especially having the food issues that I do. Dh is not quite as bad so he was able to make it through the whole 10 days. Today we are still taking it easy. When I have eaten I still had to eat very small amounts or I felt very sick very quickly. Today is just oj and veg soup. Tomorrow we can eat a bit more but still this is where I move into my Dr. Phil rapid start program. I'll have to get the book out to review. I have to start exercising as well if I want to keep this weight off and lose more. It was a good experience doing this cleanse and losing 7 lbs in a short time has been very motivational.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #14  
jeanne

Hi Jen! Congratulations on the 7# loss!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #15  
jeanne

Morning girls! Startng off my day with a positive attitude and taking advantage of this beautiful weather! Hope everyone had a good week!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...tblinkie5a.gif