Old 09-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #1  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Default On my way!

After a two-week slump, the scale is beginning to continue its journey downward. PLUS, I just took my measurements today and the changes are quite drastic! I've actually lost about 1.5 inches from my waist from yesterday. As of today, I have officially lost 20lbs and 16 inches from various "key" measurement points:

waist: 6
hips: 3.5
bra: 3.5
bust: 2
neck: 1

It feels so good to be back on track, eating right, exercising... and getting things accomplished. A HUGE thank you to the ladies in the accountability thread for putting up with my crazy obsessed posting (to be honest, it's been like 3 times a day lately) and offering such good advice and motivation. I love 3FC!!

[hr]

Please share your successes after buckling down and getting back into the "groove"! I'd love to hear what really gets you guys EXCITED!

Last edited by rakel; 09-25-2007 at 03:17 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #2  
Aleecia

That's great Rakel, keep up the good work.
I too am just starting back after being in a huge slump and gaining back all of the weight I lost. I do agree that coming here to 3FC does help.

Question for you. How often do you take your measurements? I usually just weigh myself but I am thinking that maybe I should also keep track of my measurements. Thoughts?
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #3  
is recommitted

I *try* to take my measurements about every week and log them in my "weight loss journal" -- I also track my weight daily, everything I eat (along with calories), what I do for exercise, how long, distance, speed, average HR, "calories burned" (I often log it even though the machines readings are not always accurate, but it helps me stay consistent or help me push myself when I am getting ho-hum). Of course, not every exercise I do is logged so accurately, but I usually have that info if I use the weight room at our apt complex. I do recommend taking measurements, because even if the scale doesn't seem to be dropping, I did notice that I had lost some inches. Plus it's nice to see in a very PHYSICAL way where the weight is disappearing. I know that if I am not measuring myself, even if the scale is dropping, it's hard for me to see any changes in the mirror... but if you know your measurements are changing, it's concrete evidence that whatever you're doing is working and to PRESS ON!

Last edited by rakel; 09-25-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #4  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Yay, congrats! Your doing wonderful!

I try to take measurements, but I can't ever find a place that seems "right" to measure. LOL. I'm only measuring everyone once in awhile, no set time or anything.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #5  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie501107 View Post
Yay, congrats! Your doing wonderful!

I try to take measurements, but I can't ever find a place that seems "right" to measure. LOL. I'm only measuring everyone once in awhile, no set time or anything.
Well, my body is very "lumpy" ... but I just try to measure in the same place every time. If it's not the right place for that measurement, oh well. I'm not measuring to make sure a dress fits, I just want to see a difference!

BTW, thanks, and you're doing a great job too! AMAZINGLY!

Last edited by rakel; 09-25-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #6  
hara hachi bu

I measure very infrequently, like once every six months or so. My method for measuring is to choose the area (say, upper arm) and just find the part with the largest circumference and use that. I suppose that could vary, but it works effectively enough for me. Some people get really specific and say "3 inches above the elbow".

I don't have any successes after buckling down - at this point, buckling down IS the success - I'll have more successes in a week or two.

Last edited by phantastica; 09-25-2007 at 03:44 PM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #7  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
I measure very infrequently, like once every six months or so. My method for measuring is to choose the area (say, upper arm) and just find the part with the largest circumference and use that. I suppose that could vary, but it works effectively enough for me. Some people get really specific and say "3 inches above the elbow".

I don't have any successes after buckling down - at this point, buckling down IS the success - I'll have more successes in a week or two.
You're right! I'm surprised that I am seeing results this fast but I won't complain! hehe
Old 09-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #8  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on the measurements !!! You are doing great!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #9  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

I am so glad to hear you are out of your slump! I am finally on the right track too hehe. We can kick more butt together
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #10  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
I am so glad to hear you are out of your slump! I am finally on the right track too hehe. We can kick more butt together
Totally. We are two design & art lovin' fat kickers!! I guess? lol that makes me giggle.

Last edited by rakel; 09-25-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Rakel, Whewt! I'm happy you got over your slump ^^

What gets me excited is my weigh-in day every Thursday. I know some people don't like being "tied to the scale", but for me right now it's how I recognize when I'm doing things right, and when I'm not.
This is especially true because although my clothes are fitting better, I'm not losing any sizes. You know how some people could drop 15 lbs & go down 2 sizes? Yeah, not me. I'm about 50 lbs a size. >.< So... like right now I'm a 24. I need another 15-20 lbs from here to get down to a 22, and I'm looking forward to it, believe me, but watching those lbs going down one by one is what gets me excited on my way there!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #12  
is recommitted

Faerie -- clothing sizes are so weird. I know you can't go by weight alone, but height too. Someone who is say, 240lbs and 5"3' is going to fit clothes a lot different than someone who is the same weight but 5'6" but that much is obvious. I'm 5'6" and 288lbs, and even when I was at my starting weight (308) I wore size 24. Of course, I could have easily fit into some 26s, but I mostly buy the stretchy jeans that allow more wiggle room... but I was on the fast track to buying a new wardrobe, and if I had to do that I'd rather it be a size smaller :P I'm already starting to fit into some of my old 22s, but they are still a bit tight... conversely, some of my 24s are getting so baggy they are almost falling off me! But I've noticed some people that are around 240 and wearing size 22/24. I remember when I was that much I think I was in a size 22 and 20. I think some people just carry their weight differently too. For a long time, I've been pretty good at looking thinner than what I am, but after I was getting past 300 I just started losing all of my facial features, and that REALLY started to make me look super fat.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #13  
hara hachi bu

Yeah, clothing is funny that way. I'm "big boned" and 5'10½", I weigh 260 but I wear a size 20. It takes me a good 40+ pounds to change sizes.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:00 AM   #14  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

I'm 5'8". Yes, I've been roughly the same size since middle school. I still wear shirts from middle school! It's been these last 40 pounds or so where my clothes started to get a little tighter and awkward on me.

Yeah, I LOVE Sundays now because that's my weigh in day. Even though this weigh in was dissapointing it was these two days that really have me motivated. I can fit in only one belt now(I was wearing two because it's an awesome seat belt belt) comfortably. Also, someone else who hasn't seen me in months and didn't know about me working out noticed!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Congrats.. getting over a slump feels awesome!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote