Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default Low Carb Chatter! 9/24 thru 9/30

Hidee Ho Low Carbers! Looks like this Chatter will take us right on thru to the last day of September. Are you nearing your September Goals? Are you ready to kick it up a notch this last week? Time to reflect on a month that seemed to fly by quickly for me:

*reflectreflectreflectreflect . . . . . *

I think bouncie said it best in her last Post of last weeks Chat . . . the ability to let a small binge just GOOOO & MoooooVE ONhas been life changing for me! Tx for putting it into words - another foul on "No Spew Alert" for your "EAT THE WHOLE WORLD," bouncie . . . fortunately this time I was drinking WATER - so monitor wiped right off!

The other change for me this month is my new found devotion to exercise! Can't wait to walk . . . can't wait to hit the weights . . . it's UNreal!

Just got a call to report to the picket line . . . schedule will be taking a dramatic twist (not to mention my pocket book!) - talk to you all when I can. Keep us all in your prayers please - and prayers for a quick resolution to the impasse!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, Aud I'll be thinkin' about you as you and your union hit the picket lines! With people like you in negotiations, I'm sure a resolution will be found in no time flat.

I didn't really make September goals for myself...weird. I think that if I can make it for 7 days without one off-plan food/meal/day I'll have succeeded. I'm so determined to reach my goal weight and MAINTAIN. I want to prove to all of the "Atkins followers can't maintain" nay-saying people that I can maintain doing Low Carb--and more importantly, that I can transition into it successfully. I read a thread today that made me want to go hit the gym harder today, to stay on plan more devotedly...just so I can say, at the end of it all: "No, you're wrong. I AM one of the people who succeeded--so you can kiss my now-shapely butt."

I'm sorry...venting

Anyway, I've got a plan for the week and I'm going to follow through. I'm SO ready to take off these last 18 pounds.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
"Atkins followers can't maintain"
Dont you just hate that kind of discrimination!! It doesnt matter what diet you choose to follow.......you will not maintain anything if you continue to eat the way you have taught yourself (note to self.....eat the way Ive taught myself!!)

Im doing good. Got my first 3 days of induction in, and Im down 5lbs. I weighed in today....and will reweigh in next monday.

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by RobinW; 09-24-2007 at 03:38 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #4  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Yeaaahhh!!! That's our Girl!!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #5  
beachbum

MOVING MY POST TO THE NEW THREAD

Good Morning Ladies

Woke up late again not feeling well, noting bad just one of those common colds.LOST 1-lb from the high sodium dinner I had the other day. Now for the scale to go down again,famous last words.

Did manage to get my exercising done while DH at the hospital doing his.Today we start eating our main meal at noon.One of the nurses told my DH thats its good idea to eat earlier in the day.This way you do go to bed with a full stomach. Wish us luck that it works for us.

Bouncing-Try to stop,giving up after a binge. We all have them,just go back to Program,and the worst thing is to beat yourself up over it. Sending you some Hope it helps.

Carol-I definitely don't crave as much being on a low carb woe compared with other diets high in carbs,but that just me. Hope you find some more answers,as it would be interesting what other people say.

Have to go start dinner,will check in later,once the new thread pops up.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #6  
beachbum

AUD-THANKS for starting us up this week.Don't remember what my Sept goal was. I know I wanted to lose 4 lbs this month,but will have to settle with 2 instead. I upped my exercise so,I don't have any problems with that. You're doing fantastic with your new exercising program Keep up the good work.

Azure-You & Lily are our inspiration, on this board as your doing fantastic with Atkins and I know you will succeed getting to goal & maintaining. Heres to Next Week.

Robin-Big congrats on your 5 lb loss on the 3rd day of Induction,you'll lose more by the end of this week.

HI FitinTime-Have a nice day

Not feeling well I going to lay down on the couch for a little while.

Hugs BB
Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #7  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Don't give up! There's a whole week left of September! I'm planning on making my goals (or at least getting really close).
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #8  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Oh, whew, I'm not the only one who can't remember her goals for September! If it was to see 239, I made it. Over in the 100-lb club thread, I joined the Christmas Challenge. By Christmas I want to be 224, which will put me into obese instead of morbidly obese. I think 174 is where I'll only be overweight, and 145 I'll be normal (well, on the bmi chart anyway, tho I'll still be 20-30 lbs too much for my frame -- I weighed 115 in HS, all muscle, I was breaking and training horses at the time).

Today I gave into a mad craving for a whole wheat pita full of tuna salad. Well, that just means no further carbs today, and real conservative tomorrow. Boy oh boy, did it ever hit the spot. Musta been something in it that I needed. I have a whole wheat pita every month or two. It's 30g carb, so I try to adjust accordingly. Somehow it doesn't seem like a very big sin, more like a stretch than a break, since it doesn't seem to lead to any other carbs, and I only want one every once in a while. I keep a pkg in the freezer. One of the reasons I feel OK them is because there is nothing wierd in them. Funny, the only thing I ever want in it is tuna salad. Plus sprouts, if I have them. I'm usually mindful of keeping the carbs more evenly distributed throughout the day, not all in one swell foop like that.

Gotta go read now. I'm almost done with a book kthat I promised to lend to a friend tonight, so I better finish it or I'll be frustrated!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #9  
LC lifestyle

S/C/G: 252/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing View Post
Oh, whew, I'm not the only one who can't remember her goals for September! If it was to see 239, I made it. Over in the 100-lb club thread, I joined the Christmas Challenge. By Christmas I want to be 224, which will put me into obese instead of morbidly obese. I think 174 is where I'll only be overweight, and 145 I'll be normal (well, on the bmi chart anyway, tho I'll still be 20-30 lbs too much for my frame -- I weighed 115 in HS, all muscle, I was breaking and training horses at the time).

Today I gave into a mad craving for a whole wheat pita full of tuna salad. Well, that just means no further carbs today, and real conservative tomorrow. Boy oh boy, did it ever hit the spot. Musta been something in it that I needed. I have a whole wheat pita every month or two. It's 30g carb, so I try to adjust accordingly. Somehow it doesn't seem like a very big sin, more like a stretch than a break, since it doesn't seem to lead to any other carbs, and I only want one every once in a while. I keep a pkg in the freezer. One of the reasons I feel OK them is because there is nothing wierd in them. Funny, the only thing I ever want in it is tuna salad. Plus sprouts, if I have them. I'm usually mindful of keeping the carbs more evenly distributed throughout the day, not all in one swell foop like that.

Gotta go read now. I'm almost done with a book kthat I promised to lend to a friend tonight, so I better finish it or I'll be frustrated!
Hi Shellie, I am certainly not an expert but just so you know, I buy low carb flax and soy /wheat pita. 8 grams of carb. Not bad. I am not eating it this next week, (2nd week of re-induction ) but it is quite good and is great with PB/Tuna or just a scrambled egg and cheese sandwich (I also add sauteed pepperoni with this for a great breakfast sandwich.
Just lettign someone know..walked today for an hour..wow.. yay.. me!!!
coolchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:36 PM   #10  

Hi all! Well I think my September goal was to reach 170 and I have Well I'll offically weigh in Thursday but did weigh myself this morning and was. I haven't been this weigh since getting prego with my first kid who is now 5!
This whole journey has been exciting for me. I'm now in a size 11/12 which is so cool to me. I thought that'd be my goal but now that I'm here I think it'll probably change to 9/10
I can't believe September is almost over and the weather sure definately feels like fall.
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #11  
LC lifestyle

S/C/G: 252/230/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdownmomof2 View Post
Hi all! Well I think my September goal was to reach 170 and I have Well I'll offically weigh in Thursday but did weigh myself this morning and was. I haven't been this weigh since getting prego with my first kid who is now 5!
This whole journey has been exciting for me. I'm now in a size 11/12 which is so cool to me. I thought that'd be my goal but now that I'm here I think it'll probably change to 9/10
I can't believe September is almost over and the weather sure definately feels like fall.
Wow, congrats! How inspiring! I am hanging in and making this WOL my daily pursuit. Some days it is easy, others, not so much. Today was great though. Man size 11/12. Haven't been there in years. Thanks for posting.Stay strong.
coolchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:49 AM   #12  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I'm feeling a little better each day now. For some reason, my eating has been really crappy. Eating too many dang pistachios. I polished them off tonite and I won't buy anymore for a while. I don't know why I'm eating so much, maybe it cause I went about 3 days with hardly any food due to illness. Maybe these antibiotics are making me hungry.

I'm looking real forward to our annual Pimp and Ho halloween contest. I tried on my Ho outfit tonite. This little size 3 mini-skirt doesn't have room for even one more pound, so I gotta get my butt in gear now and hit the treadmill. LOL

Good news is, I am joining a gym next week. That should help me get in great shape. I lied about being disabled and just told this gym that I am a stay at home mom, cause other gyms refused me due to my disability. After all, I've worked as an RN for over 20 yrs and I know my limitations and will heed my bodies warning of what I'm capable of.

It looks like everyone else is doing great. Big Hi to all.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #13  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

My common cold turned into a bad sore throat.They're no other symptoms.Going to call the doctor and make sure its not leading into the Strep or Tonsillitis.Nothing relieves the soreness and I can't swallow without it hurting.

Haven't slept a wink all night,so I'll probably be off the board for the rest of the day.

Going to bed and see if I can get several winks.

Have a great day

Hugs BB
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 AM   #14  
On a De-fluffing Quest

Hey there low carbers!! Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far! .

Sounds like most of us are at least pretty close to September goals. I still have 5 lbs to lose!! I might not make it. But at least I think I'll meet my fitness goals. Need to get one or two days of 60 minutes in and then it'll be a breeze. I've been slowly working my way up, started with only 15 minutes a day. I was such a wimp! It's been especially challenging because I have asthma, working out has been difficult for me. But this month I actually started doing jog/walk sessions. Those kick my butt, but sure do feel great since doing them.

Lilly... your hunger might be from antihistamines. I found out that antihistamine use is linked to obesity and overeating.. gave them up completely and lost weight without trying. Of course, it's made my asthma a little more difficult to deal with. But I'd rather wheeze a little than keep getting fatter! There's something about how antihistamines mess around with the chemical messengers that make us feel full. There was a big study that was publihsed in Newsweek or something like that not long ago. Glad you're feeling better!

TTYL girls... lots of will power dust to make the last push for September goals!!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #15  
On a De-fluffing Quest

Just wanted to add an inspiring thought. At least, it's inspiring to me

Last night when I was doing my jog/walk exercise through my neighborhood I saw a little screech owl! It whizzed silently right over my head and landed on a nearby branch. The moon was awesome and I could see it's silouhette against the evening sky.

I had forgotten the cool things I've been missing sitting around and watching TV all night every night. KWIM?