Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 10:08 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again........#154

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:16 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Hey guys! Don't have time to put in a long post.......I am heading out the door for work. I was just reading and noticed we were getting a little long and thought I'd get us rolling on the next thread. Hope you are all well and I'll catch you later!!
Old 04-10-2002, 10:56 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Five minutes is all I have even though I would love to reply to everyone tonight. You know me, always have 2 cents worth to put in. But alas, no time. Need some shut eye BIG time!

I have done horribly since yesterday afternoon. I can't believe I was doing so well for almost 2 whole days, and then BOOM, blew it BIG time! I guess I should have just fell for all those temptations during the day yesterday because I was going to blow the day to heck later anyway.

I'm still in a funk over the failure, so I'm going to just hit the bed and hope for a better day tomorrow.

Love to all.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:01 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking I bought one !!!!

Hi guys or rather gals. LOL

I am totally worn out. My legs hurt beyond description.
I left here this morning to go make a final decision about my bedroom furniture... and just had to look at 4-5 more stores.... just in case they had something better. LOL
Well, I did find something better.
After chasing the ENTIRE day I finally signed my jane doe on a new set at 8:30pm. I am sooooooo sore. My legs just ache.
But.. I am very happy with my choice. And I am very excited about painting and getting a new bedspread and the works.
I have had this bedspread since 1980. The furniture even longer. And it was used when we bought it from a relative. LOL
I made the mistake and took my husband to see the final 2 choices ... and he found a recliner he loved... so now I am also the proud owner of a new recliner too. LOL

Kat... I guess we both spent a LOT of money today. LOL
I am a longgggg time owner of a Kirby. I have had mine since 1980 so yes it will last forever. I did not buy mine. My husband bought if for me for christmas 1980. I DID NOT WANT IT.
I hate house work... and it was more to make him happy than me. Bless his heart... he tries... but a husband should not "surprise" his wife with household tools.... especially if she HATES cleaning house. LOL

Mary... those cookies sounds sooo good.
I can't wait to try them.

And JEN... bless your heart. I know how you feel. We all have been there. That is the same reason so many of us just quit trying. BUT DON'T YOU !!!! I know you want a quick solution... but if you go and read success stories... "the norm" is only a pound a week for most... and even less sometimes. If you watch these slimfast commercials.... they brag they lost 30 pounds in just 6 months. That is only 5 lbs a month. So please hang in there.

Thin... One bad day does not change the fact that you had two wonderful days. Just get back on track and then you can brag how you did great all week except for only one bad day.

QueenB... thanks for starting the new thread. You did great.
Hopefully I will see all of you tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:58 AM   #5  

Angry Time to Wake up

Wake up ... wake up you sleepy heads.
I am embarrassed to say I don't know if it is wed or thurs.
But either way... it is time to wake up and come join us.
Old 04-11-2002, 04:23 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

happy thursday
I have just got back from Sams Club been on a shopping trip for the reception Sunday.

We ate at McAllister's Deli I had a baked pot stuffed with grilled chin, green onions and cheese it was good DH has VFW tonight so I'm not cooking.

I have work to do so i'm gone be back later
Old 04-11-2002, 04:26 PM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Hey where is everyone????

Sorry I didnt' make it here yesterday...well I did read but just didnt' feel like posting. Have an issue I am dealing with here and it gets me depressed and then I start crying...just like now!

I did get on the scale today and lost .6 lbs...yippeee! Thats two sticks of butter off my rear end! I did manage to squeeeeeze into my size 22 jeans this morning...and boy do I mean squeeze!!! I guess if I didn't do the chinese buffet when my parents were here then I would have done better...but my dad likes that place so we had to go!! Plus I know I was putting more stuff in my mouth than I should have...

Anyhow...I did go across the street to the supermarket after my meeting and got those Skinny Corn Chips...they are pretty good...I got the barbecue and the sour cream and onion...(I think)...the barbeque ones are 1 pt per cup and well worth it! They were $2.29 a bag but I figure I don't think twice about spending $5 at McDonalds!! I also got the Light Laughing Cow cheese wedges. They are 1 point per wedge and they spread pretty far on some crackers or wasa bread for a 2 or 3 pt snack or side with a sandwich. I really like going to the store now and finding low point foods to eat! The colavetti bread sticks are great too..they are long long long ones, really thin though and they come 3 to an individual pkg for 1 point. They go great with soup or a salad. Speaking of which...Baylee that ginger dressing sounds yummy! For some reason I bought a small hunk of fresh ginger today...I must have ESP or something!

My little brat woke up from a two hour nap and is a CRAB today! Don't know what his problem is. I just made him a grilled cheese sandwich since he didn't eat breakfast or lunch today. He is picking at it and whining too and getting into my keys...I can hear them! Anyone want a kid for the night? FREE!

Baylee...thats right girl...you show those two snots what you can do! Who do people think they are anyway...its always the ones with flaws who try to take the focus off of themselves!

Thin...no such thing as failure! You just made a few wrong choices for yourself. You can make new choices with a new day!

Jen there isn't anyone who wants instant gratification more than I do! You just hang in there...the key here is to NEVER GIVE UP>>>this is a new way of life...you will be eating this way for the rest of your life...once we lose the weight we still have to watch our portions so we don't gain it all back again! Doing it slowly like we are changes our behavior...thats what makes us keep it off in the end!

2Cute...I dont' envy you...I hate furniture shopping...I want everything I see and no money!

Tina...you are doing so good!! I wish I could be as dedicated to the program as you are! You inspire me to keep going too. I know the program works if you work the program...you are living proof!

Mary...cookies...THey sound wonderful but I think I am going to pass this time. I have a hard time limiting myself. I would eat all my points just on those!

I was suppose to have a job interview today at 1:30 but it got postponed till next week. My old company called because they have a Property Manager position open down in Philadelphia at University Square. Its a 442 unit apartment building with about 20 commercial stores and a daycare too! They had an emergency at one of the other properties so they had to cancel the interview.
I was doing commercial property management before I had the baby but I hated it. I like residential better. The commercial was shopping centers and office buildings.

Well I should go do something contructive...like fold the load of laundry in the basket! And maybe the one in the dryer too!

I;ll check back again later! Michelle

Last edited by MichelleK; 04-11-2002 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:27 PM   #8  

Talking It's me again.

Well I have woken up since I last popped in. and I know it is Thursday now. LOL . I could not be online earlier because they were suppose to deliver the box spring and mattress for my daughters room and they were suppose to call before they came. Well, they never called.. but they did show up.

Oh my God....It is like sleeping on a cloud in heaven !!!!!
It is WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!
There is no way this bed is leaving this house... I just may move into that room myself. LOL IT IS SOOOOOO SOFT !!!!!!
Just thought you would like to know.

I am definitely going to have to go buy new sheets. The mattress is soooo thick that I don't think my sheets will fit. LOL. I had to take the old headboard completely out of the room because only a little bit showed... and it looked plum stupid. LOL

I almost have to run and "jump" to get on it...LOL... but what a soft landing. Ahhhhhh
Can you tell I am a happy camper.

Now if only hubby and I had that nice set on our new bed frame.
LOL ... we are stuck with the old set. Oh well... I am still happy.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

My mother in law is rambling on and on and on, on the phone...a perfect opportunity to post...blah blah blah...I wish it was on her dime, however... an hour long peak hour call to California... she's trying to get me to take sides against her ex son in law, I'm not taking the bait!! hee hee...Thank God dh and kids just came in...I did the old phone hand off...

DH and I went out to lunch today...I was good...had grilled chicken and grated veggies (red and green cabbage, carrots, zucchini and onions) with a yummy homemade salsa on panini bread... lots of rouhage for me.

We went to Barnes and Noble to pick up an SAT review for my daughter, where I managed to find YET ANOTHER weight loss type book..."The Fat Flush." I was reading a review of it on-line about a week ago, and just happened to see it in the store. It sounded interesting...something about de-toxifying the liver with certain food combinations that will help with weight loss...I'm a sucker for a book. I'll share any earth shattering findings.

Gotta go...he is hovering over my shoulder now, annoying me...I'll be back!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-11-2002 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:36 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Today is just as bad as yesterday. I'm bummed at my lack of willpower.

We are going out of town for the weekend. Big 50th Wedding Anniversary party in Fort Wayne, IN. So we're leaving Saturday morning and won't be home until Sunday evening.

I'm working again tomorrow, but I think I'll sleep in a little. This being at the job by 8:00 am is just killing me. I am NOT a morning person!

I'll try to get back in here before I leave town. Love to all.

"Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light." - Jennie Jerome Churchill
Old 04-11-2002, 09:32 PM   #11  

I am proud of all of you. You all seem to be chugging along.

I must be having a mid-life crisis. I can't seem to get it together. I hope if I get a couple projects done I will feel more in control.

I think I just keep blaming my fat for my disposition and at the same time my brain knows better. Perfect smiley...it's me lately.....

I am thankful you are all here....it gives me hope.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:52 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

That is the perfect word, Lucky...chugging...it implies that, although we are moving...we are doing it s*l*o*w*l*y...sometimes much slower than we would like, but we WILL get there and so will you! Even if I have to hightail it up to Minnesota and drag you along myself, YOU'RE COMING WITH US!

Where is it, that we are going to, you may ask? To that wonderful place where you do not have to shop in "Plus Size" or "Women's World" or "Big Gals" and where you needn't be afraid to get on the roller coaster, thinking that the bar won't close...the place where there are mirrors everywhere and you don't need to avert your eyes to any of them...in fact, you will LOVE what you see when you do look! In this place, the bathing suits do not require skirts and the tucking in of shirts is encouraged...not to mention wearing sleeveless shirts in the summer...there are no "Bingo Arms" here!

My decision to NOT have a dish of cookie dough ice cream tonight just brought me a few steps closer to this lovely place!

What OTHER kinds of things can be found here, girls? I'm curious...what will YOU find when we get there? Hmmm?
Old 04-12-2002, 07:38 AM   #13  

Lightbulb InspirWEIGHtions ...

Good morning friends.

I came in earlier.. but the site was shut down. No, they did not add our pictures back. I think they are gone for good.

Thin... enjoy your trip. Just remember the food is not the only thing to enjoy. Focus on the people. Keep yourself busy asking everyone to tell you about themselves. Trust me... once they start talking about themselves they won't let you go... so you will be kept away from the food table. LOL

Luckylady... I wish I didn't know so well how you and Thin feel about your food. Hope is all I have ... and I am just barely hanging onto it. The worst place to be is feeling hopeless.
BUT WE ARE NOT HOPELESS !!! We are just slow learners.
Hang in there girl.

Kat... I really enjoyed your posts. They are so uplifting. Thanks.
You are one of my inspirweightions today.
You asked what I will find when I get there....my feet for one.
I want to be able to just walk. I want to find a normal form in the store window reflections. I want to find 30 minutes in the park "playing" with my grandchildren instead of just watching them play with their other grandma. I want to be able to walk down the aisle of my daughters weddings. I don't want much... but it would mean the world to me.
As I sit here wiping the tears off my face... I wonder why something that means sooooo much to me... is sooooo HARD for me to do.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:08 AM   #14  

Exactly, 2Cute, that is how I feel too. ALL the things I want are good so why don't I do it. I have done many hard things in my life before but this one seems to have me stuck. And don't say I am not ready....I hate that excuse. Why don't I make the effort? Maybe I don't really care?????

Kat I want the freedom of movement again. To move through life gracefully. Mow, rake, paint, run, play, shop, and DANCE.

Maybe I just haven't exercised with any regularity or DANCED lately to remind myself how great that feels.

I do have many issues in my life right now and I guess I have let them dominate ME lately. ding ding ding....These things depress me, make me sad, and guess what ....lead me to the couch and food. Looks like I need to make some lists of what I love to do and what is good for my body and make those #1. (like I didn't know all this - senior moment - that lasted for a LLLOOONNNGGG time)

2Cute I know you, like me have a parent or parents in a nursing home. As much as I know it is the right thing in my Dad's situation it doesn't help the guilt and saddness I feel. The whole thing zaps me of a lot of my energy. While typing this, maybe when it gets warmer (28 here now) when I visit him during the week I will take him for a walk. Pushing his wheelchair has got to be good overall exercise.

I just have to think and "be" smarter about my body and health.
Nothing I don't know I just don't keep it in the forfront of mind.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:13 AM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all.
Hope all of you are doing well.
What I want!
I want my dh to look at me like he looks at waitresses, I do see him.

I want people to tell me, boy you sure look good and mean it.

I want to buy clothes in the regular section not full size.

I want to be below 200 lbs.

Surely I don't want too much.

I have to drive my aunts dog to have it's hair cut today and go shopping for food. I'll be back later
Closed Thread