Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default THIN WANNABEE'S CHITTER-CHATTER (September 2007)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #2  
CJ

Hi everyone! Have been away for a few days helping our daughter move into a new home (on the lake) and I am really pooped but wanted to come and say hello and start us a new thread for this week. I do hope to hear from you all REAL SOON!

Please post soon and let me know how you all are doing! It's getting lonely around here!

Later ...
Love, CJ
Old 08-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #3  
CJ

HEY! WHERE IS EVERYONE???????????????????????????????

Well, am finally rested up some from helping our daughter move into her new place - but am now trying to get ready for my daughter's visit from Kansas! Can't wait - 2 more days! Then, we have a bunch of family and friends coming up from downstate for the Labor Day weekend so it's going to be a busy one indeed. How about everyone else? Gee, I sure hope to hear from you all soon ... I sure would hate to have to close the Thin Wannabees Forum!

I'll check back later -- hope someone comes in soon.

Love, CJ
Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #4  
CJ

Just popping in to say HELLO real quick. Am on my way to bed - have tons of company for the Labor Day weekend .. hope all is well with everyone and HOPE to hear from someone SOON!!!!!

WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE TO???

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 09-02-2007, 02:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Chad and I are finally making it official. He filed for divorce. We signed paperwork Friday stating what we agree to, and now it's just a waiting period to see if the judge excepts everything. I am much happier without him in the house anymore, but it's still been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I have been married to him 14 years, and still hate to see the marriage end in a way. I just worry how Hannah will take the news. She seems to except the fact that we are separated, and does well with the arrangements, but I still get the occasional question when Daddy's going to move back home. Chad and I plan on sitting down together with her on Monday and telling her we are getting a divorce.

The good news--I've lost another 3 pounds! Down to 182 now. I am concerned though as I have been eating like crazy. I'm worried I may still have a vitamin deficiency like I did last winter. I like the weight loss, but it seems to be coming to easily right now. I haven't been extremely tired like before, and I have an appitite (too good of one if you ask me), but I'm loosing weight. Maybe I've just been choosing better things to eat? I'm still drinking diet pop and trying to drink water so maybe this is just a result of better choices?

Anyway, have a safe and happy holiday and talk to you all later.

Kim
Old 09-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #6  
CJ

Hey Kim! Good to hear from you. I know how you feel about wanting to make your marriage work, but I think this is the best for you and Hannah. How did it go with you and Chad telling her on Monday? I think all will work out eventually. Some day you will meet someone that will really appreciate you both! Hey - great job on losing another 3 lbs!

So how did everyone's labor day weekend go? We had tons of company but all is quiet on the homefront now - lol.

I sure do wish you all would find your way back in here - I just don't understand why no one is posting! If this keeps up I'm afraid I am going to have to close this group and I would hate to see that happen - we've been going since 1999!!!!!

Hope to hear from someone SOON!

Take care...
Love, CJ
Old 09-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #7  

Hi

CJ--Chad and I haven't talked to Hannah yet. When I called to remind him, he was in bed sleeping because he had to work that night. I think his parents talked him out of telling her. They think we shouldn't tell her, and only answer questions if she asks. I think she needs to know. If I can't get him to sit down with us, then I will just have to tell her myself. I really don't think it would be right not to tell her.

How was everyone's weekend? I had 5 days off, but didn't get a darn thing done. I seemed to be busy all the time, but not one thing I had on my "to do" list got done.

I've been extremely busy working at the civic on the latest show. Hannah is 'helping' out too. The people doing this show are so good to her. The director keeps finding little things for her to do, and she's loving every minute of it. If I thought she would stay quiet and stay away from the stage, I would have her help me on the nights of the show. But I'm not sure I can keep her away from the stage. She wants to be on stage so bad.

Other than working at the theatre and trying to catch up on school work I have put off, not much else is going on.

Since Weight watchers is having a no registration fee special again, I'm thinking of going back. But, that will have to wait until my first full paycheck. We have been down to four days a week again, and starting next week, we go back to a five day week. I will be glad the paychecks will be normal again. I can barely make ends meet on the four days. Everthing is bugeted for a five day week. If only I could win the lottery. But I guess that would only work if I played it, huh?

Got to go and make myself go to bed. One more day to go, then the weekend! Yeah!

Take care,

Kim
Old 09-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #8  
CJ

Just checking in before going to bed. Have to get going early tomorrow (er, today) to walk at the SportsPlex ... I only have 33 more miles to go to get my 500 mile walking patch! I will sew that onto my 100 mile sweatshirt and then I will only have 500 more miles to walk to get my hooded jacket! I still go to Curves 3 times a week ... the lbs are not coming off very fast but the inches are so that's a good thing.

Kim:
Sounds like a great idea to get in on the WW deal. Good luck to you!

Sharon:
I will be looking forward to your post here soon! thanks for the email .. I sent you one back too. Talk to you soon.

OK ... nitey nite all ...
Love, CJ

PS: Did you notice I changed the name of our thread to THE THIN WANNABEE'S CHITTER-CHATTER (September) ... For the time being I am only going to do a monthly chit chat thread since there is so few of us posting at this time.

Last edited by CJ; 09-08-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:30 AM   #9  
CJ

Just checking in - hope all is well with everyone!

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 09-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #10  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi everyone,
I know CJ, I promised I would post last week when I was at Tracy's house. I meant to, but with watching the baby, grandson, Tyler and I decided to surprise Tracy when she got home from Wisconsin and clean her house, I got side tracked. For everyone else I went to visit daughter in llinois to watch the little guy, who is now 5 months old, while she was at training and her husband was in Florida/Fort Walton Beach, where they used to be stationed, to visit a friend. So it was just Grandma and me for 4 whole days alone. I sure love being a Grandma and it was so great to take care of the little guy. I am loving this Grandma thing so much. And to think next month, around Oct 16th, other daughter, Kelly will be having my 2nd Grandson, Brandon. I really can't wait either. I have waited so long to be a Grandmother and now I am really into all of this.

Well not too many people here I guess, but we will have to remedy that won't we? Come on guys where is everyone? Any newbies also are welcome, we can't wait to have you join us.

Kim-So sorry about your impending divorce, but I know this has been coming for a long time. I know you and Hannah will be ok. I am with you and think she should be told and by the both of you too. How wonderful you are doing on your weight loss too. YOU GO GIRL! I am with you on that I drink too much diet pop and I am trying to likewise drink water with lemon, much better for me but I love to treat myself, but I find myself going overboard and can't seem to stop at one glass. especially at restaurants, where I have to get my $'s worth. LOL

CJ-It was good getting your emails too, loved hearing from you too. I know you have been a busy lady with all that company you have been having, but I know you love it too. Good luck with your next 33 mile goal, you will do this! Don't worry, slow always wins the race, remember the turtle and the hare! I love the name of the new Chitter Chatter thread, good idea Carol.

Well don't know if I will be able to post again, only have tomorrow than we are off to Hawaii. I am so excited, we are going to Oahu in Honolulu and will be staying right on Waikiki Beach. Besides myself, hubby, Ken is going as well as Air Force Daughter and new Mom, Tracy-her husband will watch the baby, also son, Dan is going too. Daughter, Kelly will be almost 9 months along, so can't travel, Air Force Son, Alan is still in Korea and will be coming home next month and is getting ready to out process to come home, so can't get any leave to go. But we will have fun. We decided if we are going to go there, might as well try to see some of the other quieter islands so we have hops to Maui and Kauai as well. Son, Dan wants to try to get to the Big Island of Hawaii, to see a volcano, but I want to make time to see Oahu too, things like Pearl Harbor, The U.S Arizona, the North Beach and maybe a Luau too. I have been trying to plan a few things online before we go. I don't know how I will be able to sleep tomorrow night, leaving bright and early on Saturday, like by 6 AM. So I will post when I get back for sure.

Take care everyone, will talk to you when I get back, which will be after Sept the 23rd. Meanwhile, CJ and Kim, keep the home fires burning. But hopefully when I come back there will be lots of oldies coming back and even some newbies too. Any newbies that need a home? We will be here for you with support, motivation and encouragement. Post with us and you will be so welcome in our group. Anyone even just starting out even, everyone needs a friend and we will be there for you and visa versa. See you soon, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 09-13-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #11  
CJ

Hi all - just checking in here. Haven't had much time for the computer lately as I have been taking care of my little 6-yr old Carley while her grandparents were out of state. We are the backup "grandparents" .. lol. And before that we were spending a few days with our daughter and son in law in Traverse and they didn't have the internet yet but they do now so next time we go there to stay I will be able to post from there also.

Sharon: Hope you are having a great time in Hawaii - lucky you! Can't wait til you get back so you can tell us all about your trip.

Hope everyone is doing well with their diets and exercise. I have just 6 more miles to walk to get my 500 mile patch! I'll have that by Friday for sure!

Come on everyone - where are you hiding at?? Hope to hear from ya all soon!

Kim - post how you are doing!

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 09-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #12  

Hi

This is a quick post. Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I had to replace the hard drive in my computer, and I am just now up and running again. Trying to find all my favorite websites and get them into my favorites again. Thank God this didn't happenduring finals week, or I would have lost a lot of work (lesson learned--always back up important stuff!!).

Talk to you all later,

Kim

Last edited by KimV; 09-29-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 300/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello,
I am new... I have been yo yoing for some time now and am so tired of switching my clothes from the crawlspace depending on what size I am that month! I am trying to be more active, add strength training to my week, make better food choices, and increase fiber.
I got serious about it about two weeks ago and here I am. I did have a not so good weekend... Today I am trying to hop back on the bandwagon. My MO is that once I am off the bandwagon I stay off for a time... So far so good!
Are there many people that participate in this board? Am I in the right spot?
~Jennifer
Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 PM   #14  
CJ

Hello Jennifer - Welcome to our little group! I hope you will come back and post with us more so we can all get to know each other! There are many people that participate on this board - many different groups - we are just one small group of many. Look around and check them out - find where you are most comfortable. We would love for you to join ours of course, we are small but very supportive. A lot of our group has "dissappeared" for one reason or another a few of us are always around and welcome new members. So if you feel comfortable with us, please come back and post with us often, even if you find other groups to join also. We would love to have you! And I definately hear you on the yo yoing! Don't give up - keep trying, take one day at a time. One of these days, we'll stay on track for good! Good luck on your weight loss journey, and hope to hear more from you. Come back and post again soon!

Sorry everyone for being away for a few days - have been down with the flu! Still feeling punky but a bit better. Missed my Curves and walking this week! Can't wait to get back to both!

Sharon - waiting to hear about your trip!

Later...
Love, CJ
Closed Thread