Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up Accountability/Planning/Menus: Sept 24-30

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Hi Everyone and Happy Monday!

Today was weigh-in for me and I went up .6 of a pound. I guess Saturday's day of overeating caught up with me quickly. I'm very aggravated with myself, but I hopped right back on-plan yesterday and I'm determined to lose this week. What is really crazy is my scales show that my body fat percentage went down...from 51% to 49%. The measuring tape is not showing any recent changes, but maybe my body is getting more solid? I can only hope! I wonder what would happen if I started using my resistance bands? Hmmm.

My goals for today and this week: Begin tracking my calories intake again. I'm staying on-plan, but I might be accidentally overeating. Also, I will do 60 minutes of cardio a day. I did workout for two days last week, but that's not nearly enough.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-24-2007 at 07:42 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

good morning all,
I had a rough past 3 days, Saturday was the worst, things were better yesterday, but I still was off my calorie intake by 200 calories. Today I will do better, the house is empty so I have no stress, and I am getting ready to exercise. My stomach is paying me back for eating bad, I feel horrible, tired, bloated, aches. I do not feel good, and overeating is not worth this, so it stopped yesterday!! Today I will eat as follows:
Bkfst.. Kashi go lean cereal , skim milk, grapefruit juice.
Lunch ....... 2 veggie dogs 2 pieces of flax/whole wheat bread
Dinner...... I am not too sure, either 2 eggs, or a morning star spicy veg. chick patty. with veggies.
Snacks .. blackberries, bananas, fat free yogurt... tlc bar
I will not go off plan today!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I have not joined in on the accountability threads before but maybe this will help me.

Saturday I did really good but Sunday mindless snacking on dry cereal helped me put back on 2lbs I had lost. Today for breakfast I have FF vanilla pudding with Kashi go lean crunch and coffee, for lunch I have steamed veggies with shrimp and sweet and sour sauce. Not sure what I'll do about dinner yet b/c my kitchen has been packed up for over a week now.
cara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Happy Monday, ladies.

I had a really good weekend. I stayed on plan and last night even fought through some really tough cravings! My husband had a little of what I was craving and when he started to kiss me goodnight I told him he had better brush his teeth first because I had stayed away from the crap all evening and if I tasted a little on him I'd be done....and I'd have to go eat it. hahha So, it was a tough fight but I did it!

Today I have lunch with a friend. Mondays I allow myself a maintenance level of calories...but I'm going to work at keeping those calories healthy fuel rather than empty crap.

Tonight, my daughter has piano lessons and my son has soccer practice and soccer pictures. So, dinner will be on the run. I've gotten pretty adept at sticking with those places that I can eat on plan, though, so I'm not too worried about it.

My hip has not hurt in about 4 days so I think before lunch I'm going to test it out and take myself for a walk. Wish me luck!

Have a great day, everyone. I'm so proud of us all!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I cannot believe I am saying this again, but I am sick...sinus ickiness! I called in sick at work and feel incredibly guilty (why do I do this?? I am really sick and could not have dragged myself in today!). Oh well, what can I do? Today I will rest and drink my juice! Probably won't get any exercise in today--maybe a walk later, we'll see how I feel....

Rhonda--Thanks for starting us off again! That's funny, my hair stylist and I were just talking about body fat % the other day--he had lost, then gained 4 lbs, but his body fat % had dropped. Good luck w/ your cardio today!

cheryl--Good for you for getting right back on track!

Cara--welcome!

Tricia--That's awesome that you resisted your craving! Good luck on your walk today!

Today was my first 'official' Monday weigh in. The scale hasn't moved---which considering the way I ate on Friday, that is an accomplishment! It will go down from now on, though!

I am so proud of myself for my choice of late afternoon snack yesterday. I was SO hungry all of a sudden and even though it was close to dinner time, I decided I better have some sort of snack instead of waiting until dinner and taking the risk of stuffing myself. We have lots of not-so-good snacks in the house right now, which is uncommon for me, but none of them sounded good. I ended up having an apple. It was SO good!

Have a great on-plan day!

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I just checked last week's thread...

Nicole--We have two beagles. I spoil them like crazy!!! They are great dogs...one of them loves to sit w/ me at night and snuggle and gets a little droopy if I am not sitting in my chair so we can snuggle up together....it's a great way to make sure I sit down and relax for a while! I don't know about doing something at home that wouldn't hurt my foot. I'll ask my foot dr the next time I go. I SO hear you, the weekends seem to fly, but the rest of the week usually drags on and on...

CC--Glad you are not too sore!

Rakel--I am sure someone here will be able to offer advice on your eating plan. That is not my area of expertise!

mj
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Accountability for yesterday - Calories were too low (711), but I have an excuse this time. I was having some stomach issues (think it was a bug, as I wasn't the only one), so I didn't really feel like eating until the evening when I started to feel a little better. Likewise, my exercise wasn't great (though I intend for Sunday to be my slow day anyway). I played a little tennis with my husband, but neither of us was feeling well, so it wasn't very strenuous exercise. However, I did start to feel better in the evening, and I walked for about three miles. So, not a typical on plan day, but when I did start to feel better, I was absolutely ravenous, but I kept it under control, slowly eating nutritious food until I felt satisfied. I know if I had binged, I might have been able to keep my total calories within reason for the whole day, but I would have done my body no favors.

Had a great weigh-in today. Nine pounds. I know much of that was water weight from eating some high-sodium foods the previous two weeks, but I'm so glad to see the troublesome 190s behind me! I AM FINALLY MORE THAN HALFWAY TO MY GOAL! I feel like much of my success came from the accountability on this thread and my declaration last week of how I would turn things around. So, I think I'll continue to post on this thread (and thanks for making it such a valuable thread, everyone!) and start this week off with a declaration again. Here it be:

Why I need to have a good week -

My serious weight loss problems began with delivering a stillborn baby on May 13, 1999 - my birthday. My most recent (and most effective) weight loss journey began on May 14, 2007, the day after my birthday. From 1999 to 2007, I gained about ten pounds a year. I calculated that out, and if I continued to gain weight at that rate, I would likely be completely immobile and confined to a bed within fifteen years. That would mean that I would miss my youngest daughter's graduation from high school, my children's weddings, the births of my grandbabies, and the opportunity to enjoy my husband again without the day-to-day responsibilities of parenthood. This is not what I wanted for my future.

During the first weeks of my journey, I made it a point to watch documentaries about the super-obese. I knew I was making a decision about whether or not I wanted that kind of life. These amazingly intelligent and talented people were almost always relegated to a bed or a wheelchair. Their chances at recovery were not good, as only a few clinics exist to assist people of their size. Family members were often held hostage to the needs of the bedridden. This was not the kind of life that I wanted for myself or my family. If I have a choice, I do not want my sons or daughters to have to roll me over in my bed because I can't move my massive weight even that much. And I do have a choice. I either make it now when it's easier to do the things that will help me live a long and healthy life, or I can make it hundreds of times harder and more painful by continuing to live in denial about the possibility of that ever happening to me.

I know I've come a long way from the weight I was when I started this journey. I feel like, with each passing day, I'm decreasing the likelihood of that kind of future. Yet, I also see glimpses of my previous bad habits rising to the surface and taking over. Prior to this past week, I had two consecutive weeks of gains. And the truth is that I was not out of control either week. I had days on both weeks (especially the Saturday of the second week) where I was out of control, but I was mostly on plan. The weight gain was incredibly fast, and I realized how close I still am to becoming so out of control that I would quickly destroy all of the work I had done, then add more weight, speeding up my pathway to a life spent in bed because of my weight.

I will make choices this week that will bring me closer to my goals and farther away from my vision of what my life might be if I let my weight go out of control. I recognize that each bad choices makes it easier to make additional bad choices, so I will try and avoid that first mistake. Yet, I also know that I will make mistakes, and it's my ability to make course corrections after those mistakes that has made all of the difference in succeeding this time. So, I will always keep in mind that even after the first bite, the second bite is not inevitable.

I will be here for my children when they are adults. I will be here for my grandchildren. I will be able to do all of the things with my husband that I have difficulty doing now. If we want to travel, I will be able to take an airplane without needing to buy an extra seat. If we want to sightsee, I will be able to hike to the sites. If we want to ride bikes from one coast to the other, I will be able to do that. It's the choices that I make now that will either open up future possibilities or begin to close them down. I will make the choices that will help ensure a wonderful future.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone,

I have to admit I'm not very enthused about anything today. Not sure why, I'm just not feeling that enthused, and I've already started counting down till I get home tonight. Not a good sign, so hopefully my mood picks up.

Rakel, you've picked up on the obvious things about your diet - a little too much processed food and not enough fruit and veges. I aim for 1 - 2 serves of fruit a day and 4 - 5 veges. Vege sticks with hummus, soups, stirfries - all are great ways to add extra veges into your diet.

As an aside, are those prepackaged Lean Cuisine type meals unbelieveably cheap in the US? Here, one of those kind of meals would cost about $5 - $8 depending on the brand and depending on whether it was on special at the supermarket. I usually have one in my freezer for those nights I don't want to cook, but I can't afford to have them more than about once a week or so, yet a lot of people here have them every day. Interesting...

Go Rhonda! I know you'll be fantastic at getting back onto track.

Go, Cheryl. It's hard to resist when the house is full of junk. One of the advantages of living alone is that I control what food comes into the house. Not as easy when you live with others, though...

MJ, hope you're feeling better soon! Take it easy (and cuddle those dogs, of course!).

Take care everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I had an ok weekend. Not much for exercise, but tried to watch what I was eating. I won't mention my water intake because it wasn't good. I was really crabby yesterday (feeling overwhelmed, under appreciated, etc), so that didn't help.

I'm just trying to break out of the funk today and do better this ENTIRE week!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #10  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Well, not a great Sunday after not a great Saturday. I haven't felt like that in a long time. I'm aiming for a much better Monday.

Take care all,
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #11  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolen View Post
Rakel, you've picked up on the obvious things about your diet - a little too much processed food and not enough fruit and veges. I aim for 1 - 2 serves of fruit a day and 4 - 5 veges. Vege sticks with hummus, soups, stirfries - all are great ways to add extra veges into your diet.
Yeah! It's so obvious when I just look at it aside from the calorie count. I need to do that more often. Plus the week before there were a few days when I grossly went over so I guess I can see where all of my frustration was coming from. Thanks for suggesting that I post it here because it really did help me analyze it more than I have been.

Quote:
As an aside, are those prepackaged Lean Cuisine type meals unbelieveably cheap in the US? Here, one of those kind of meals would cost about $5 - $8 depending on the brand and depending on whether it was on special at the supermarket. I usually have one in my freezer for those nights I don't want to cook, but I can't afford to have them more than about once a week or so, yet a lot of people here have them every day. Interesting...
:P I guess so! I pick up a ton when they are on sale. Not too long ago (and maybe it's still going on) Albertsons had a 4 for $10 sale going on. They are usually not much higher than that though, really. I never seen them over $5. Usually right in the $3 to $4 range. Mostly somewhere like $3.50. Albertons always spits out a $1 off coupon off 5, but I never remember to use them *shrug*

On the good side, the scale dropped another .5 pound, so I'm going to update my ticker! However, my food wasn't that great yesterday, but I did not overeat, and I did not feel hungry! I'm not sure what my final calorie total was because I went out with John and ordered a shrimp stir fry with fried rice. The stirfry probably wasn't that bad, it was mostly peppers with a few pieces of shrimp, but the fried rice... well, I'm sure it was full of calories. I didn't finish it, but I figure the worst even though I didn't eat all of it (one good thing is that I am learning that I don't *HAVE* to finish everything on my plate especially at restaurants).

I analyzed the past two weeks with John, and he pointed out that I have been very stressed and my sleeping has been very spotty, often staying up past 5am, and getting up anywhere from 12pm to 3pm, which is not too bad as far as how long I sleep, but sometimes I did not actually get into bed until 7am, 8am. BUT it's important that we get enough Vitamin D from the sunlight, and I'm not up during the day much, and when I am, I'm not going outside, so I think it's making me a little depressed (actually, I KNOW I am a little depressed)... combine that with less-than-desirable eating at some points, and flat out "off plan", skipping some exercise (though getting back on track) ... the fact that I haven't really been losing anything off my goal for two weeks starts to make more sense, and because of that I can take actions to remedy that.

Laurie I am INSPIRED by you, and I know that you will get back on track. I've watched those super obese programs too... with the same thing, "this is going to be me if I don't do something."

Last edited by rakel; 09-24-2007 at 05:06 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #12  

Rakel - Thank you for your kind words. I do feel like I'm back on track, but I am so incredibly aware that it's still a very quick trip for me to being completely out of control. So maybe once a week, at least for a while, I want to write something that will give me focus for the upcoming week. It seemed to work last week, when I really needed to recover from some bad habits creeping back in, so I like to stick with what works. BTW, I also have terribly inconsistent sleeping habits. I really think that contract work does that to a person.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #13  
is recommitted

OH! AND WELCOME CARA! Glad you could join us

Laurie Definitely! Whatever helps you stay on plan Good luck!

Last edited by rakel; 09-24-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #14  
is recommitted

Alright guys, just got back from my exercise. I must say, the weight room at our apt complex has big mirrors on the walls... and I was not liking them very much at all... what brutal honesty! I almost felt like sobbing but I put that energy into working out instead... I guess that is what they are there for? I rode the bike for 20 minutes and burned "300" calories. I was planning on doing a full 30, but changed my mind once I started getting bored, so I don't know my average HR but I'm guessing it was probably around 133, as that I was not being too ambitious. Then I walked for another 20 minutes and burned "200" calories... and then I was going to do the stair stepper thingie for another 10 but... that think totally kicked my butt. I lasted about 3 minutes until my legs just wanted to die and I left, lol. Towards the end, a girl and a guy came in, the girl was short and a little overweight, she was reading a book while she was on the bike. I was listening to music, but I kept feeling like I should try and talk to her, but no, I am shy. If I see her again I'm going to talk to her. She looks about my age and... well I moved here about 2 years ago and still don't have many friends so what would it hurt? I wish I wasn't so shy/antisocial/whatever!

Anyway, hope you guys survived the weekend and had a great on-plan Monday!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:06 AM   #15  

CC - Been thinking about you all day. The weekends are really a curse to staying on plan. I think all of us struggle with them to some degree. I am sorry they got the best of you this weekend, but I am confident that you'll have good news about how Monday went.

Cheryl - Wow! You and CC are two of the most consistent and reliable on-planners I know, so to have both of suffer momentary setbacks at the same time is quite a coincidence. I just know that you'll report a positive result for Monday as well, though.

Rhonda - Those meals happen to me, too. It's so easy to fall prey to the "just a bite" syndrome. Still, though, you had a loss for the week. So close to the 30-pound milestone, which I think is a HUGE one.

Diane - Can't wait to hear that you've broken out of your funk as well. The eating is the hardest part for me on the weekend, so great job on that. The exercise and water will be there this week, I'm sure.

Cara - Glad to have you here!

MJ - Hope you feel better soon.

Nicole - I find the pre-packaged meals to be a bit much for my budget here as well, though I'm not sure how Australian dollars translate to U.S. dollars. Hope your mood lifted and you had a great day!

Rakel - That Stairstepper is a monster, isn't it? It took me four months to be brave enough to challenge it. Stepping outside your comfort zone is so good for you, so I hope you're brave enough to talk to a gymmate or two.

My accountability for Monday - Good day exercise-wise. It was raining pretty hard, so I wasn't sure if I would get in an evening walk/run. So, I hit the gym fairly hard. 15 minutes on the Stairstepper, 33 on the elliptical, 20 on the stationary bike. I also rode my bike for errands - three miles or so. Then, the rain let up enough for me to decide I would run. I kept making excuses to myself for what I would say when I posted a total of just 1 mile, then just 2 miles, etc. But I really didn't want to post less than four miles, so I just kept pushing myself until I made it. I did wear my $10 Wal-Mart "running shoes," though, as I didn't want to ruin my nice running shoes in the muddy ground, so my feet and back were starting to hurt by about 3.5 miles. My calories for the day total 900, and I'm tired of making excuses for it. I don't know why I can't force myself to eat at least 1200 calories on most days. I will try and eat again tonight, but I am up against a deadline (and probably spending too much time here avoiding the project), and will likely be up all night working on it, and I get sick when I eat when I'm not sleeping at all. This is not related to the weight loss issue, by the way - just a habit I developed years ago in college with the all-nighters. So, I don't know. If I can't get it improved in the next few weeks and I am making a genuine effort, I may start going back to my therapist, as I don't want my overeating issues to turn to anorexic ones. **SIGH** I'm still waiting for this to be easy...