Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 03:21 AM   #1  
Mooz

Default Getting Motivated, Strong, Hydrated and Healthy

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME GIRLS - HOPE THIS ONE IS MORE PERMANENT THAN THE LAST ONE

Good morning girls. I am dragging you ladies all over this site (but sure the exercise is good for you)

It is a beautiful morning here in Ireland today and I am feeling motivated after losing 3 pounds at WW last night and it is all down to Semo and her 'Weekend Challenge'. Thanks Semo - I'm going to need one every weekend now.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN US HERE FOR SUPPORT PLEASE DROP IN - WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO MEET YOU

Must rush off now.

Will talk later
Anne
Old 04-10-2002, 09:24 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies

Just a quick note, just got into the office & i've been out 2 days so i'm sure I have lots to do.

Mooz - I think we'll do better on this site. Like you said the other has so many post we'd defitinely get lost in the back pages.

Hope everyone finds us. I'm sure they will...

talk to you all later...
Old 04-10-2002, 09:37 AM   #3  

HI!! I am back! LOL!!!
Patty, I am training on my own. I found a web site for Running Times magazine and there is a beginner training program. Its a 12 week program, starting out slow and moving faster. I am looking forward to it. (am I some sort of freak? LOL) Mind you, I am not looking to win the race, just to finish it.
Hope everybody else finds us!
Thanks for the support Anne, I appreciate any and all. My husband is being very helpful too. He used to run all the time until his back problems. He is hoping after his next post op visit in May he can begin again.
I need to get moving so I will see you ladies later.
bye now!!
luv ya!!
lauri
Old 04-10-2002, 09:40 AM   #4  

bye the way Congratulations on the loss Anne!!! I forgot to add that in my earlier post!!!
woo hoo!!!!! go annie, go annie go annie. yeeeehawwww!!!

does that make up for my error???
bye again!!
L
Old 04-10-2002, 11:17 AM   #5  

Good morning Ladies, First let me send congrats to Mooz... three pounds, man that is FANTASTIC. And another congrat to Lauri, I am very proud that you are doing the run. WAY TO GO!!

I had to make a delivery this morning, I took a pallet of chemicals to one of our wholesalers. Not many places have a truck driving bookkeeper! Think that I'll add that to my resume It gets so wild around here they will grab any able body to do any job. That's why they call us a team.

And for my team here, I'll give it some thought for a nifty challenge for the weekend, of course you can give it your input too.

I did 65 min on my orbitreck last night and plan on weights tonight. It's also hubby's birthday so I'm taking him out to dinner. That is if I get to leave here.

Work calls, gotta run.
Old 04-10-2002, 01:14 PM   #6  

Mornin' ladies!

Anne: Thanks for starting the new thread. Great idea! And congratulations on the 3 pounds!! That's fantastic!!

Hi 1Day! Pop in later and let us know how it's going!!

Laurie: Running huh? WOW! Now THAT's dedication! I don't run unless something is chasing me . Keep us posted on your progress.

SEMO: WOW!! I'm not sure I could do 65 minutes of ANYTHING!! How long have you been using the Orbitrek???

You guys are all doing so well! I'm not doing too bad. I'm getting in 30 minutes a day doing one of my videos. I just wonder if it's not enough. So I need your input here guys. I'm just not seeing much for results. I've been doing this for almost six weeks, and I'm not getting anywhere fast. The first two weeks I had good losses, and it's tapered off from there. The scale is moving down VERY SLOWLY, but now seems to be going back the other way. I have strictly stayed at my 1400 calories (give or take 50) and my one 2000 calorie day per week. I have done my 30 minutes of exercise 6 out of 7 days. I drank all the dang water, but yet I am UP a pound this week!! Water retention? Gaining muscle? I would think that, but taking my measurements, I've only lost 1/2 inch in each thigh, 1 inch in my chest (where I actually didn't want to lose grrrrr), 1/2 inch in the hips, and STILL NOTHING IN THE WAIST!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!! I'm getting desperate here and am going to have to take more drastic action. My original goal was to be 170 when I went to see my DH May 8th. After a few weeks, I could see that wasn't happening, so I was shooting for 175. Now THAT isn't even feasable (I am now 185). I am open to ANY suggestions, so throw them my way. Please!

Sorry to go off at you guys, but I'm really just getting upset. It has taken me 6 weeks to take off the weight I put on in only 3 weeks, and I'm getting discouraged cuz I just can't seem to get out of the 180's, and I've been trying since last August, when I first got down to 185. I don't want to give up, cuz I know what the end result of that will be, but for all my work, I need to see loss, not just maintain. Oh heck, I'm just gonna shut up now cuz I'm rambling, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Jen
Old 04-10-2002, 02:10 PM   #7  

Hi Jen, and please don't get discouraged we all go through these rough times. Let me just throw these questions out for discussion.
Are you drinking diet cola?
Are you drinking enough water?
Do you eat a lot of salty foods? (check for hidden amounts on labels)
I find that cutting back on carbs to be very helpful and the carbs that I do eat I try to stay with whole grain with little or no sugar.
Other than that I would think that you may have just hit a plateau and will start losing again once your body makes the adjustment.
I for one had to throw the scales away, it became an obcession with me. I was down in the dumps when the scale was up and very happy when it was down. It got to the point that it dictated my mood for the day. Even when I was op sometimes it would show a gain and make me feel terrible. I can tell by my clothes if I need to watch it closer or not.
Hang in there, as long as you are eating healthy and exercising you will feel better and that's the main thing.
Hugs.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:54 PM   #8  
Mooz

Good evening ladies. Glad you all found your new home

It's much more peaceful here.

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkblue]Jen - What height are you? Maybe you are the right weight for your height? Did you ever cut down on your eating too much sometimes as the body can go into starvation mode if you do that or so they say! If you can just stick to your 1400 cal per day and your 2000 cal day I think you will soon see some movement again but don't go below that as you are very active and you have two wee kiddies to look after.
Hang in there and it will work out OK

Lauri - Are you already doing some running every day? I like walking but I don't think I could run very far.( My boobs would bounce too much for a start )

Patty -You were right as usual - we are better on this quieter thread but I'm sure TAZ will find us no matter where we go cause we can't hide from her HA HA

Semo - the truckdriving bookkeeper 65 mins on orbitrect - WOW you are some pup! Can't wait for your next challenge

I have walked 4 miles today and I am going out linedancing now so keep up the good work and I will call in the morning.
Anne

Last edited by mooz49; 04-10-2002 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:42 PM   #9  

Evening Ladies -

Jen - What combination of food are you eating. From what I read you should try & include protein with every meal. When I look at my food for the day, one of my problems is that I eat too much carbs. (bread, pasta, rice)...I think i'm a carb addict.

Are you eating at least 5 servings of fruits & vegetables a day
Are you including protein with each meal?

There are some other web sites, I'll be back with some.

Semo - girl you sound like me... I"m also forklift certified. I think i'm the only one in our 48 floor building.

Lauri - This is a great challenge for you. I know you can do it. Too bad we can't be there to cheer you at the finish line.

Mooze - once again thanks for taking care of us...
Old 04-11-2002, 03:06 AM   #10  
Mooz

[COLOR=green]Good morning to you ladies and to all you 'lurkers' please drop in and say hello as we would love to welcome more visitors to our thread.

The weather is dry and dull here in Ireland and I am very motivated. I have never felt so motivated before and I think that posting on this thread every day really really helps. I always look forward to switching on my computer and calling to see if anyone has been posting while I have been asleep.!! So don't you girls ever leave me you are a great bunch

Must rush off now but I will call later.

Anne

The Capacity for hope is the most significant fact of life. It provides human beings with a sense of destination and the energy to get started. - Norman Cousins

Old 04-11-2002, 08:14 AM   #11  

good morning!!!! Thanks for the support. (You all are like a good running bra LOL!!!)
Speaking of that... mooz, I can assure you, bouncing boobs have never been a major problem of mine LOL!! They are always the first thing to go on a diet.
SEMO, talk about pulling anybody to do any job... once at work I was walking down the hallway minding my own biz on the way to the fax machine, when a doc popped out of a room looking for a nurse, didn't find one, and said "Lauri come in here". I was sooo lucky, I got to "chaperone" a pap smear. I stayed away from that hallway for a looooooooooooong time!!!!
Jehari, hang in there girl!! I too gave up on the scale. I judge my clothes as well. Yesterday I was able to wear my shirt tucked in to my skirt. This, to me, is progress. It takes so little to amuse me!
I will keep you posted on my progess re: the 5k. You guys and my husband are the only ones who know. I didn't want to blab at work yet. My first day at the track, I had to borrow my sons watch because I don't have a stop watch. The next day I came home from work and there was a new watch for me that my husband had picked up with a stop watch on it. (wasn't that sweet?)
Well, gotta go read the paper, and drink a little more coffee.
have a good day!!
lauri :sheep:
Old 04-11-2002, 09:27 AM   #12  

hi all, would love to join in each day i have been trying to get more exercise the weather is warming up here i am getting a new bike today hope it helps get rid of these last nasty 40lbs that just dont want to let go!i got to go i will check back later.
Old 04-11-2002, 09:33 AM   #13  

billiesrosie, welcome to our little group!!
I see you are in Indiana! I am a Hoosier by birth, but am in wyoming at the moment due to a husband serving in the air force.
We are here to "pump you up!" Right girls??

Just popped in again before work to see what was shaking! (besides my upper arms, I mean LOL)
see you all later!!
lauri
Old 04-11-2002, 10:15 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies, and a big welcome to Billiesrosie! Over ate big time last night at Hubby's birthday dinner. So far I haven't eaten anything this morning, still feel full.
Anyway work is still very busy. I did weights for about 20 minutes last night and did about 15 min of exercise this morning. I'll have to pick up some more time tonight when I get home. I'm getting to work earlier (7:15) so I'm having to rearange my schedule.

Anyone doing weights? I'm finding it hard to do even 20 min at one time. Guess I don't know enough about working with weights. I'm open to any suggestions... all I have are dumb bells.

Okay, been thinking about our challenge......
1. Since some of us have trouble with the water, I think we should increase our H20 by one liter for Saturday and Sunday. (Just two days, we can do it) If you aren't drinking any then you should drink at least one liter or if you drink two already up it to three, etc.
2. Do a min of 22 min of some sort of exercise (up two min from last wk)
3. Leave off sweets for both days (nothing with white sugar) natural or fruits are okay.
4. No junk food. (no chips even the low or fat free kind)
5. Turn corners of mouth up into a smile at least ten times.
6. Do something fun for yourself, take a full 30 min out of your weekend and read, craft, walk or whatever you like to do.

Alright what do you think? I'm posting early so Mooz will be able to start on her Saturday. Again put your hand on the screen and repeat the challenge and remember to use I WILL not I'll try.

Got to get back to work.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:31 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon Ladies

Welcome Billiesrosie This is a great group of women, who are supportive, inspirational & motavational.
What type of exercise are you doing? Are you on any program?

Lauri - Your hubby is so sweet & thoughtful.

Semo - the challenge sounds great. I'm up for it. What size dumbells are you using? I think you should start with a weight that you can do 10 reps with, maybe 2 sets, then as it gets easier increase the weight.

Anne - I'm happy to hear you motivated. How many miles are you walking today?

Jen - hope your doing ok today...
Closed Thread