Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:06 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Red face From Earth to the Moon: Revised Challenge

Happy Sunday, Earthlings! I'm selfishly dropping out of the Earth Day Challenge and creating a new challenge for myself to lose SEVEN pounds by April 28, which is the Sunday after the approximate date of the full moon of April.

I'm doing this because I still love these challenges but the last one wasn't working ... I was going in the wrong direction, my weigh-in was UP only a half pound, but that was consistent with the high calories I took in all week and the low exercise, which I don't regret (either) because that's what my body needed. But I am absolutely determined to do two things this spring ... either get a full-time job (seems impossible) or go to school or something AND reach approximately the level of weight and fitness I've been working for so long.

So I'm revamping my weight loss calendar to "box in" this indulgent week and shoot for the moon so as to at least get back on the right track and not waste April in a haze of long naps, depression and swimming in vats of dulce de leche (there's a thought).

Here's to the Earth AND the Moon! Peace, children!
Old 04-07-2002, 11:18 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Default Day One

Had a really good "new start" ... ending with 1760 calories; a.m. exercise was 30 minutes of easy walking, p.m. 60 minutes of fitness walking.

BTW, I did not mean for this to be a replacement for the other thread ... just needed to start over and needed an "extension" ... hope everyone continues on whatever challenge helps them the most ... join me to the full moon or rally round Earth Day.

Old 04-08-2002, 08:14 AM   #3  

Crone...count me in either way.....today is my fresh start...I HOPE....now that the weather seems to be improving.....I can take Kail walking during the day while hubby is at work and Jesse is at school....and then once I get Kails ear plugs made end of month I can take him to the Y swimming with me....I even went yesterday and bought a really nice new stroller for Kail so I could start walking again.......so count me in and I will say that from now until April 28 ( I think thats the date you said ) I will try my hardest to reach a goal of being down 7lbs (wish I could pledge more but it comes off so slow I don't dare ).

Take care all....LisaL

Does anyone know when Angel gets back from her vacation with the boys??? Sure do miss hearing from her!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 03:45 PM   #4  
deleted2

Hi Crone and everybody!
Suits me--actually in my mind I was extending the challenge thru till May Day, a date that's close to my heart.
I'll do my weigh-in tomorrow morning and will check in with the news!

Old 04-08-2002, 09:01 PM   #5  

Hi ladies...
Can I join you too?
When are the weigh ins ?

Day one
Food : OK, stayed in my points range.
Exercise : 2 hours, cardio then weight training.
Motivation : Great, really feel like it's gonna happen this time.
Goal for the challenge : lose anything between 3 and ? by april 28 !
I totally relate to the the full time job or fitness level part

kelly 202 - 183,5- 147
Old 04-08-2002, 11:15 PM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 2

Hello, everyone! I'm about to go to bed ... had a discouraging career day but a good weight management one. Ended with 1680 calories; 40 minutes of fitness walking (divided into two segments).

Welcome, Kelly25!! Looks like you had a good day, too! You can certainly join us ... we don't have any rules and everybody weighs in when they want to! I weigh-in every Sunday morning and have done so for approximately six years.

Thanks, Eydie and Mom for not minding about the extension. Actually, I never thought of May Day. That sounds like a neat holiday, too. A community I used to cover had a May Pole dance every year and a picnic. It was so nice.

Angel-Eyes posted on the other thread. She's back from her vacation ... not sure if she wants to switch to this thread or didn't see it. Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Peace to all!
Old 04-09-2002, 06:07 AM   #7  
deleted2

Good morning!

Am out of bed before dawn for my weigh-in and a quickie workout. Hang onto something, 'cause it looks like I've lost 1 whole pound! Hooray for me! Why didn't someone tell meabout this calorie counting thing earlier? I didn't do it because it was too obvious, I guess!

My big challenge for today is being at work for 14 hours. I have a lunch to prepare for the art class and then in the evening I'm preparing a reception for an evening program. Doesn't seem practical to drive home and back again so I'm staying straight thru. I'm going to bring my play clothes and go for a walk and do my yoga and I have access to a shower so I can be decent for tonight. Lunch is healthy and low-fat so I can dine with the artists, it's the reception food I have to stay away from! Eternal Vigilance!!!!

Welcome, Kelly!!!

Crone, do you hear anything from Babette?

Old 04-09-2002, 09:02 AM   #8  

Default Good Morning!

Kelly, welcome aboard.....we are always ready to take on another "earthling".!!!
Weigh ins are whenever your usual weigh in is....we normally keep a running tab and you just update it as needed with your posts.

Angel....sure glad to see your back.....glad to hear you all had a great time and jealous to hear you had so much SUN.....it was sunny here this weekend but wind was chilly....How did the boys enjoy themselves?

Crone.....I dont think you will confuse anyone with this new thread.....they will see it growing and the other one not growing and they will leap aboard with us here.

Eydie.....hope you survive your LONG 14 hr day.....and enjoy squeezing in your walk yoga and shower.....!!!

Gotta scoot for now....trying to get stuff packed up still that we dont use on a daily basis.....so I am SOMEWHAT ahead of the game when they tell us we are in the clear to move into the house........take care ya'll....LisaL
Old 04-09-2002, 09:06 AM   #9  

Crone....just letting you know I left a message on the other thread stating that there had been a revision and for everyone to fly on over here with us earthlings........LisaL
Old 04-09-2002, 10:51 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Good-morning, Earthlings and Moon Dwellers! I'm very happy it's morning, as I felt stressed all night and desirous of eating lots of sweet things, but managed to resist the calories' siren call.

Momto2Boys: Thanks for posting a message on the other thread! For some reason, I didn't think to do that. I believe I need a nice vacation somewhere also.

Eydie: Fourteen hours is a long time. Good luck on that. I used to work those kind of days but now four hours is more my speed!

Haven't seen anything from Babette for awhile, not even the 21-day challenge thread she was posting on or LLB's "What are we hungry for?" thread. Hopefully, she's happily immersed in lots of work and will be back soon.

Hi to Angel-Eyes, JoJo and everyone! I'm off now to look for a job yet again.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 04-09-2002 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:24 PM   #11  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hello friends....I'm baaack

Hi Everyone. I've just spent awhile getting caught up.....so many posts to read. So nice to see everyone again. Sorry about not posting earlier....I was also confused on which thread to post, but thanks to my friend Mom,....now I know!!

I just returned from a weeks holidays on the coast of Georgia. It was absolutely gorgeous!!! And yes, even though I used spf 45....I still got a really bad burn. Easter came and went terribly, I couldn't keep out of the bunnies but the next day, I left for the week and left those darn things behind. Even the boys, have forgotten about them, (I must toss them out or I'll be nibbling them again) I tried my best to stay on points, but at times I know I went over. Today is my first day back to journaling, and so far so good. Glad to be back!!

Mom....so good to hear that the surgery went well, now for number 2 son. And congratulations on your new house!!! YEAH...no more nasty landlord!!! When do you move? when is the closing date? A packing we will go....a packing we will go.....good luck!!
Old 04-09-2002, 01:38 PM   #12  

Default Best Wishes and Good Luck Crone

I wish you the best of luck in finding a new job.....maybe that is your cause of this stress and wanting to eat those HORRIBLE EVIL SWEETS that we all soooooooo love...ha ha...anyhow....good luck....you wont need it though...your a strong woman who will get what she wants in the end!!!

Angel.....do you really feel the need to rub it into me at how LOVELY your weather was on vacation ??? LOL... it got really cold here again for a week or so I guess and now its absolutely beautiful out....I took the storm windows off two windows in the living room so Kail and I could enjoy the breeze coming in while I do some baking......I always make huge batches of cookies up and freeze them for the boys......that way in the morning I toss a baggie of frozen ones into Jesse's school bag and by snack time they are thawed and ready......so I shall scoot for now as I am off to start baking.....take care all......LisaL

wondering where babette, joanie, morrigan, joshiesmommy and those other lurkers have snuck off are???? Hope your all doing well!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:35 PM   #13  

Wow, so many news, so many people, I'm kind of confused, but I'll catch up with you eventually !!!!!!

Day 2
I'm having a great time losing right now... last month I was really low and demotivated, I'm really back on track !!!!!

Food : OK, stayed in my points range. Even at night...like you Crone, it's a miracle I kept away from the kitchen last night, plus I'm alone with the kids all this week...
Exercise : free day today.
Motivation : Still great !!!

Goal for the challenge : lose anything between 3 and ? by april 28 !
Starting weight : 182 today

Kelly 202 - 182 - 147
Old 04-10-2002, 08:42 AM   #14  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Angry Morning.......

Hi Everyone. Just checking in, sorry my weigh in isn't until Sat am and since I was away last week; I'm not really sure where I stand yet. I was pretty cautious while away, and tried to stay within my pts. (have to admit, while at the beach and having a good time I did my pts in my head......)
Congratulations to all the Losers so far!!!And Gennel?.....YOU GO GIRL!!!

Today is another day, so for all of you.....not sure if you're on plan, just start again. Out with the old, no guilt and begin anew!!
So far, since coming back from Georgia......I'm okay, so I'll just keep what I'm doing. Have a great day!!
Old 04-10-2002, 01:42 PM   #15  
deleted2

Hey, I think I found that pound that I lost! After 27 days of 'good behavior' it all came crashing down yesterday because the stress of a 14- hour day got to be too much for me. [a little cookie binge!] The good part is today I'm completely back on track and feeling good. A new thing for me because ususally it takes me a few days to get back in the groove.
And I'd like to thank my ever-resiliant body publicly for waking up this morning craving pineapple, oceans of water, and a long walk! So forgiving!

Closed Thread