General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Speaking of Kirstie Alley -- How About This "Lemur" Vlog?

http://jennycraig.com/kirstie/videoblog/video_2.asp

Well this is just odd! IMO! Also odd is that they make a point of dating the Valerie vlogs whereas Kirstie's are undated.

I think when I reach my half way point, I'm gonna do one of these Kirstie-style vlogs, waist-up with animals running around in front of me, and shot on that BIZARRE diagonal angle so you have to turn your head sideways to watch.

I'll have to reach goal to pull off Val's cocktail dress shot!! But I sure would love to, she looks awesome.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #2  

That was just odd!!!

So -- everyone run out tomorrow and get a pet lemur!!??? How about I just take my black lab for a walk and call it a day? Maybe Jennie Craig could run a promotion -- one lemur with a full year contract?

Valarie looks amazing -- better than Kristie has looked yet!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #3  

Can anybody watch that thing without tilting your head all the way to one side?? I was watching it with my kids and we were all three getting a whiplash!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:52 AM   #4  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

OKay, I thought the lemurs were really cute and all but did anyone notice the disclaimer "results not typical"? What exactly does that mean? That the typical person on Jenny Craig won't have trainers and chefs and stylists (not to mention lemurs) working with them? I'm not dissing Kirstie or her amazing loss at all but just wondering why she isn't considered typical?

Oh yeah and I didn't even realize til my daughter pointed it out that I was watching the vlog with my head tilted!

Last edited by Mummy_Tummy; 09-19-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I think that's a pretty standard disclaimer used by all 'diet aids' type of products.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It is standard-they put that disclaimer on other weight loss print ads and commercials as well-because not everyone is obviously going to lose 30, 50, 80 pounds. Not because the plans don't work...but because people don't stick with them.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #7  

Unfortunately in Kirstie's case, they can take off the Results Not Typical disclaimer -- since like most people who diet, she's putting the weight back on.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/09/13/kirsti...k-is-slimming/

What I would like to know is the back story behind this video. The JC exex must be in some kind of panic. Did they see the weight start coming back on and just get a bunch of of these inane "How I maintain my weight" vids in the can early last summer?

This "new" video looks old. Notice on Val's they have all the videos dated (ie, "August 2007.)

I really think JC has crossed the line into false advertising with this situation. At least with Monica Lewinski - they just cut her loose!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Aphil is right. I worked at Jenny Craig , you learn to use that phrase automatically. No two people lose weight exactly the same even tho they are on the same diet.There is no guarentee that if you will follow a certain diet that you will lose specified amount of weight.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #9  
hara hachi bu

I think Kirstie is beautiful at any weight, actually. She carries it well.

I know how I feel a bit of a fishbowl thing going on when I tell people about my weight loss plans, imagine how you'd feel if you had a huge audience watching. Yikes.

I guess it's foolish of any weight-loss program to "sponsor" someone to lose weight. What if they don't? There is no magic pill or cure, despite what JC says!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #10  

If the losing/maintaining weight in a fishbowl thing is to stressful for Kirstie then maybe she should get another gig. Isn't that what she's getting paid millions of dollars to do....diet in a fishbowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
I think Kirstie is beautiful at any weight, actually. She carries it well.

I know how I feel a bit of a fishbowl thing going on when I tell people about my weight loss plans, imagine how you'd feel if you had a huge audience watching. Yikes.

I guess it's foolish of any weight-loss program to "sponsor" someone to lose weight. What if they don't? There is no magic pill or cure, despite what JC says!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Kirstie Alley is such a liar...I just wish she would fess up with her "real" starting and ending weight.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

I thought the lemurs were awesome as I'm an avid animal lover. But......I have a sore neck now!! What is that tilt thing all about???????
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #13  

Next they'll have the camera upside down, shot through a glass bottom boat covered in vaseline, with a herd of wild boar in front of her and you'll have to stand on your head to watch it!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I think it was sideways because it was shot by the lemurs. Kristie actually looks better in it than she does on the commercials.

Last edited by alinnell; 09-20-2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #15  

When was the last full body shot they did on her in any of the JC ads? 2006?

"People CONSTANTLY ask me how I maintain this weight..." Please. Hey Kirstie, hey JC execs, all we're askin' for is a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I LOVE Val B's clothes on the home page -- that jeweled red top is to die! Really cute for holiday parties....love the navy blue cocktail dress too!

Last edited by K8-EEE; 09-20-2007 at 04:42 PM.