Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #267

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #2  

Just a quick for now, I'll be back later tonight, much to do today.

Hope you all have a good Saturday!!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Brrrr..it is cold here this morning. It was 48* when I first went outside. That isn't so bad, but riding the bike with the wind blowing = Brrrrrr. Going to be back to 88* by mid week.
Off to do some of the daily grind stuff...BBL.

Last edited by suetalks; 09-16-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

SUE...we are having the same weather. Had to dress warm for sure yesterday morning. It didn't get much warmer than that either. Today though, supposed to be 91...weird. Hope you are feeling better.

HI to everyone else

Nothing going on, not doing anything today so thought I would get on the puter for a little while.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #5  

Hello girls...

Not a lot going on this weekend. Just kicking back and relaxing. Met a bunch of guys that my hubby works with. Always nice to put a face to the names!

It's looking a lot like Fall around here. Very pretty. Not raining ......yet.

I have an angel cake in the oven so I gotta get. Have a wonderful evening.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

I'm back and feeling great! I highly recommend a weekend getaway with your girlfriends if you can arrange one. It was so much fun, and I came home feeling better about myself than I have for quite awhile thanks to their insight and wisdom.

I didn't take notes from the last thread, (shame on me!) so for those who've posted on this one -

Marti - how did you come about meeting the guys from James work? Hopefully it was a party, lol. The trees here in S. Indiana are turning, too, and the weather is just gorgeous! Angel food cake is Neal's fave.

Sue - I'm loving the cooler temps and the way the house smells when the windows are open. Will you be riding outside when winter comes, or do something different?

Cristina - what's on the agenda for today?

Well, gals, I have a renewed sense of "I can and will do it!" regarding my weight loss, and have begun again. My plan is to do Weight Watchers, since that worked well for me before. Losing 70 pounds would be fine for me, even though my weight would still be above the "chart" recommended weight for my height - 5'9" - so that is my goal.

I talked with Neal about it this morning, and he's agreed to stop bringing me candy bars all the time. Remember how I made a weight loss scrapbook last time? Plans to redo that are floating around in my head. Although I still don't keep junk food in the house, I'm going to check the cabinets for any potential hazards, lol. Knowing that each of you will help me through this makes it easier.

BBL,
Old 09-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #7  

Morning Ladies--

Just got off my treadmill and got my 2 miles in---I got tangled up on my MP3 player as I was getting off....made me laugh at how clumsy I am! And today is WI and I lost another pound. So I have reached my 3lb lost for this month. Lets see if I can lose another before the month is actually over.

Jane--So happy to hear that the trip was a good one. I love the scrapbook idea and keep telling myself I want to make one also....but just haven't done it. I may just have to gather my things and just do it.

Sue & Cristina--How is the weather today in your neck of the woods? We have sprinkles.

Hello to the rest of the girls. I hear my phone beeping...I hope it wasn't work trying to call me while I was walking. Ok, I need to shower and check my phone and you all have a great Monday.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Happy Monday, Ladies...

Nothing much going on. This weather is weird to say the least. Cool one day and 90 the next. Supposed to be that hot today. But it was nice to go for my walk this morning in shorts again, lol. Thought I was going to have to pull out the sweats.

Jane...glad you had a nice trip. WTG on getting back on track.

Marti...the leaves are turning here also. Not too much but I did notice it some. I've actually lost all the leaves off a tree in the back. It is windy here, bad! and hot again.

Hello to everyone else!

As I said...I went for my walk this morning and then came home and did the 2 mile WATP. I really am needing some new walking shoes...I've worn the tread down on mine and my feet aren't feeling so good when I do the WATP. Had to run to Target to get a couple of things and now just getting things done around the house.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Morning ladies...Welcome back Jane. Glad your time away rejuvenated you and got you back on track. Maybe I need a MONTH away.

I took Mom for another MRI early this morning. Came home and washed bed clothes, changed sheets and rode 2 miles. I was in sweats this a.m., but now just sweat pants and a T. If it gets to the reported 83* I will have to switch to capris. Boy, this time of year it is hard to know what to wear. They are saying 88* by mid week.
I officially ordered a new bicycle..finally. I had it narrowed down to 3 and finally decided. (see, I am a procrastinator about everything, not just weight loss)

BBlater...........
Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 AM   #10  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....how are you all doing? no more stings thank goodness! BUT, Tommy killed three bills in the living room before I had gotten up. Then, I went into the boys' room, and there was about 29 bees in their room! most of them were dead already, but there were a few live ones! I then went into our room, and there were two on our window.

I hope you all had a good Monday! it was cold here as well....but never fret, it is going to be up in the high 70's tomorrow, and in the 80's for the rest of the week! oh....we took the kids to the cider mill for the first time on Sunday! It was a lot of fun! I will go and put the picture that I took of Marissa for my avatar in a second!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Mindee- Love the avatar...very cute. Oh my gosh! That's a lot of bees and I would be throwing a fit at the apt. managers office.
Cristina- Hope you could go back to wearing shorts. I had on light weight track pants this a.m. to walk the dog, threw on a denim shirt over my T and was just right. Now I am in the T and track pants, but will need shorts if it gets any warmer.
Marti- Way to go on the walking. We could use your sprinkles as we need rain badly.

I have been energetic this morning. Walked the dog, fixed breakfast and cleaned that up, washed a load of clothes, swept the porches and got the darn spider webs off the outside of windows and eaves. Washed a few windows. (I love the tilt windows as I can do them myself, and I keep them done up) I even rode a mile, and will go out in a minute and ride another mile or two. That bike is getting worse, so I take short hops....
Plan to do WATP as I did the 1 mile last evening and I think that accounted for my "loose" joints this morning. I know I felt better than I have in awhile.
Mom feels bad this morning and had been sick in the night. Only thing she wanted me to do for her was make her tea and walk her Baby. Hopefully we will get some answers about her health this week.
Cristina- a question for you...when you do WATP do you do it on carpet or other floor? Do you wear your walking shoes? I like to do it in my bedroom, but the carpet is so light that I hate to wear my outdoor shoes. DH has suggested a mat of some kind, but I am not sure.

HAppy day to all of you....BBL
Old 09-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #12  

Good Morning...

Quicky for me since I need to still get dress and head out the door....

Didn't get my walk in this morning.....spent it cleaning after a sick dog. Not fun!

I will pop back in tonight if I'm not tuckered out.

Have a good Tuesday.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Just a quick HI to everyone. Nothing much to say, same old stuff, different day.

SUE...I do the WATP in the living room on the carpet and I think that is why my feet are hurting afterwards. I'm thinking about putting a t.v. in the basement where the exercise equipment is because I think the concert floor would be better. I'm afraid I am going to wear the carpet down too, lol! Sorry your mom is feeling bad. Hope they find something soon and can help her.

MINDEE...OMGOSH! You should get them in your place to find out where the bees are coming from. I hate to kill a bee if it's outdoors but if there's that many in my house...they are going to be killed for sure! My FIL had a nest in the wall of his house. He showed us one morning and there was maybe one or two bees but as the day went on there were hundreds! You don't want those babies or even you or Tommy to get hurt by so many. And that is a cute picture of Marissa...she's getting so big already!

Okay, going to go do a mile or two on the treadmill. Mowed the front yard before the rain came. Cutting back on my walking I think, if my body will let me, lol. Going to walk 3 miles and do the 2 mile WATP M-W-F & Sat and then mow on Tues & Thurs plus do a mile or two. I think I am getting plenty of exercise and it has become a habit so no worries of quitting anytime soon. And I'm not really cutting back that much, just on the two days. So we will see what happens. Of course with fall/winter coming I will have to adjust to that anyway.

Have a good day!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - did I read on the other page that you got your recipe box and cards? Hope you like them. Your avatar of Marissa is just too cute!

Marti - a big WOOHOO for the 3#s down. Hope your dog is better and no longer blowin' chunks.

Cristina - I tend to wear down my shoes w/o even realizing how bad they are. Earth shoes with a negative heel have been helping my plantar's fasciitis. I felt like I was walking uphill when I first got them, but got used to it fast. My feet feel so much better now. Sounds like you've got a good walking plan in place.

Sue - what kind of a bike did you order? Any news on your mom?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Mary and I ran errands today. She's planning a birthday party for Caylin who turns 4 next month, and was looking for decorations, plates, etc. that were Halloweenish, but not too scary. We found just the right stuff at Big Lots, and the prices were cheap.

While I was out, I stocked up on some healthy food choices. I have lots of vegetables right out the back door, but brought home some other things that should help me stay OP.

Gotta run, take care!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Got another bike ride and some WATP in today. I gained this week, so I have to get my butt back in gear. I knew the stress eating would catch up with me.
Mom felt better as the day progressed, but no news from the Dr.
My bike will be a Huffy cruiser.

Gotta go watch Biggest Loser....
Closed Thread