Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #1  

Default Fiber 35 diet

Has anyone tried this diet and has it been effective for you?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #2  
it's always something

We reviewed the book soon after it was published. The book appears to have been written as a way to sell specific products such as Fiber25 bars and pills. We had several problems with this book.

There is a much better book out there, in my opinion. The F-Factor diet is based on a diet where the fiber comes from foods, without the need for special products.

You can read the reviews at http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...F-Factor_Diet/

I hope it helps
Old 09-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #3  

Oh I am so glad to see this post!!!!

I did the Fiber35 Diet back in May/June after seeing it on PBS. I bought 3 bottles of the shake mixes, the fiber supplement and the bars. And yes I was drinking the required GALLONS of water! I was up 3 times a night peeing, LOL!!!

After 2 weeks, I was so constipated that I had to go to my doctor - I had gained 9 pounds and NOT going to the bathroom but once every 3 days!!! I normally go once a day (too much information????)

Needless to say that my doctor was laughing her head off at me!!! She said that yes a high fiber diet is WONDEFFUL but you cannot go from 5 grams a day to 35 grams a day in ONE day, LOL!!! You really have to do it gradually or you will screw up your system.

She told me NOT to stop but to cut back a bit and gradually add more fiber weekly and NOT daily. She also prescribed GlycoLax to get me going, LOL.

After 6 weeks, I still had problems so I stopped. I started again this week and am going to follow the F-Factor Diet (as suggested by the Chicks) but will go gradually like my doctor suggested. I will keep you posted as to whether this works.

So far the only thing that has worked for me is walking 5 miles every day (6 days a week and no less) AND limiting myself to 20 pts. on WW. And for maintenance, I have to continue walking and not eat more more than the 20 pts. a day.

Barb
Closed Thread