Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Cows Staring At A New Fencepost With A Faraway Look

That Is How I See Things
Old 09-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #2  

I know I've missed a lot of news.... DH and I are meandering around New England. I'll catch up -- but maybe not tonight.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:20 AM   #3  
loves kleenex box art

I like my boss. I think he's one of the best bosses ever. And I hate my boss. He is only interested in himself and doesn't think right.

I want a new fencepost and I want Kiwi.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:02 AM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
That Is How I See Things
Me too.

Quote:
this morning my friend who had breast cancer { and two sons aged 11 and 12 } passed away
I'm so sorry, Bagz. It's no surprise that you worry yourself sick, with all the bad news around you. Good luck getting through this time; hopefully things will lighten up soon and look a little better. Tomorrow I'm going to Bgr to walk in the Race for the Cure Breast Cancer fundraiser. So I'll be thinking of your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
kiwi has not posted for 3 days !!!!!!

Now, I'm depressed more than not. When moments come that I'm not depressed, I feel like telling someone.
Well, you can certainly tell us! I feel like crap frankly, but if I feel better, I will be sure to let you know.

Sorry I have been AWOL for a few days. Thanks for missing me! We spent Thursday car shopping and actually hit upon the right vehicle at the right price, amazingly enough. So Friday we had to go back to the Big City to actually buy it, and also my nephew came back from Iraq and had a layover at the airport here so everyone who could make it was at the airport with bells on! They have a giant contingent of Military Greeters in this area, mostly retired folks, veterans and their wives, who line up to say hello to the soldiers and marines who make their first U.S. landing right here, usually going on to somewhere else (in my nephew's case, to California) after a couple of hours of layover. So that was exciting. He looks good -- very thin, but healthy and totally pumped to be home from his 2nd and last ( ) tour to Iraq.

And of course we also got the car. We didn't think we'd get another Explorer, because we wanted something with better gas mileage (do you call it gas mileage in Canadian? Or perhaps it's called petrol kilometerage...). We looked at some other smaller SUVs and really didn't like them so much. Then we found a 2002 Explorer that fit the bill (well, except for the gas mileage--but what we saved buying it will pay for the extra gas) for an extremely good price from a private seller. $1500 lower than book value at least. And looks like it's practically new. It's white, which would not be my first choice, but We paid way less for this than for the last Explorer which was about the same age when we bought it. Anyway, that's done and I'm glad.

I was so tired today I didn't really do anything. I'm still sick with this cough, but now it seems I have some allergy thing going on too, headache and sneezing and itchiness. Blah. Gotta go get some sleep for my athletic endeavor tomorrow ...

Kiwi
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

was just playing grin with a woman from northern Alberta. She says Timmy's pays $18 an hour there!! Every work sector is short staffed. Wish I could move. What does Timmy's pay in NB? Just curious. That kind of job around here wold probably be $7 or $8.

OK. I am in a minute where I am not deprssed. Just had a big glass of kefir, feel nourished, blah blah blah. Not depressed but still boring.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

all the jobs in alberta pay BIG bucks----there is an oil boom there and they don't have provincial sales taxes----half of the maritimes are out there working-----the only trouble is---there are no places to live and what you can find is very pricey------soooooooo-------Timmy's pays around 8 dollars i think---maybe minimum wage which i think is 7 something----we have sales tax though----------it is MUCH cheaper to live here and there are all kinds of jobs---and lots of sub teacher work-----that's about 100 dollars pay per day------COME ON UP!!!!----- thanks for your sweet thoughts miss kiwi----i think i will post a link to heather's obit so you can see how sweet she was-----------------http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/announcements/display.php?anntype=obituaries~2007/09/15~16266554
Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Last edited by Kiwonk; 10-24-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwi,you made me cry---that was so sweet of you---i copied and pasted it and sent it to Art---he will be touched-----xoxoxoxoxo
Old 09-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Sorry I didn't know her name beforehand -- I thought about writing "Bagz Buddy"

You wouldn't believe what a crowd of runners and walkers participated in the Race for the Cure this morning. I guess it was about 4000. It was really great; gorgeous day for it, too.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:12 AM   #10  
The magic shrinking cow

Bagz, I don't know if I said sorry about your friend, but I am. I'm especially touched because I'm a mom of an 11-year-old boy. Kiwi, that was so nice of you!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Default **** **** and Damn

or shXX heXX and daXX

My cholesterol has shot up in the past year, to the point where they want me to take meds for it. I am so depressed. Which of course is one of the reasons I'm not healthy, I suppose. Makes me so mad. Granted I haven't really done anything much to try to improve it. But I'm still MAD. Guess I'll take meds for a little while and see if it improves.

It's a beautiful day. I may just ignore everything and sit outdoors and stare at a fencepost.

Kiwi
Old 09-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #12  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, mine has shot up, too. They say it's mental pause that does it but I'm not taking meds. Online you can find tons of ideas for reducing cholesterol and I'm trying those. But you should take the meds as you have better sense than I.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #13  
fatter than U

Unhappy

Quote:
this morning my friend who had breast cancer {and two sons aged 11 and 12 } passed away
Oh Bagzie! How terribly sad for all concerned. WHY does stuff like this have to happen? I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi
do you call it gas mileage in Canadian?
Mais oui! Weirdly enough. They made us change everything else to metric though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
OK. I am in a minute where I am not deprssed. Just had a big glass of kefir, feel nourished, blah blah blah. Not depressed but still boring.
Boring is OK. Depressed is not OK but understandable if you have things to be depressed about. Keep drinking the kefir and try this cabbage salad: equal parts oil, sugar and vinegar heated to boiling and then poured over shredded cabbage. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for a few hours. Or eat sauerkraut. It's REALLY good for digestion.

Quote:
it is MUCH cheaper to live here and there are all kinds of jobs---and lots of sub teacher work-----that's about 100 dollars pay per day
That's interesting and good to know. I keep hearing how the Maritimes are so depressed and that there's no jobs. I guess it depends where you go and what kind of jobs. Vancouver is crappy for jobs right now and they say a single person can just barely get by on about $15.00 an hour.

News flash: I cleaned the bathroom today.

And hi Cherry! How's life?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

we have all kinds of jobs here---they are not well paying jobs but it' the cheapest place in the country to live and the living is easy---no traffic,lots of land and peace!!!!!------no traffic jams,no serious crime { we have in my town about one or two murders at the most in any year}--now halifax is getting kind of crappy for crime,but my town is still good-----when we were in Boston area for almost a week,i knew that i was not cut out for all that fast paced living----in BC----the housing market is insane----you can still get a nice house and a piece of land here for under 125000------for the ladies who were in my home,i would be lucky to get 125000 for it!!!!!----with a double lot and a poorly used greenhouse!!!!come to the east coast sugar!!!---regarding cholesterol=---i haven't had mine checked in months----i guess it's probably bad too but we eat alot of almonds around here---they seem to help=--i meant to watch dr oz on oprah today---i guess he was talking about all that stuff----------------
Old 09-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

kiwi----they just showed a TWENTY FIVE percent reduction in cholesterol in TEN days with a control group who were fed a diet of nutrient rich foods--mostly fruit and veg--and nuts----------i guess he has a show on discovery health tonite----------------
Closed Thread