Old 09-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #1  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default WW 100 Club Support Group--9/16-9/22

Hello everyone! Welcome to a new week. I want to thank everyone for checking in because the more people that post the more people may be interested to do the same.

What are you goals for the week?
Mine:
Stay OP--28 pts
Exercise at least 3 times this week
Drink 72 oz of water a day

Well tomorrow is weigh in day for me. I think I will post a 3lb loss. At about 11:30pm last night I squeezed in my 3rd day of exercise for the week and my last bottle of water. I guess I was determined!

I'm hoping everyone will check in today to at least post their goals for the week.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
What are you goals for the week?
  1. Stay in points target- 28-35. (Strategy- plan menu, plan snacks, limit tv 2 hours by recording programs I don't want to miss)
  2. Water Aerobics MWF- no problem there.
  3. Balance Ball/Pilates TR when I get home B4 doing anything else.
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #3  
My Evolution

Thanks Ruthannie.

Another goal for me is to spend my points a little better. Some days I feel really hungry and thats when I don't do well. So for lunch today instead of a 6 pt frozen meal I was able to eat a veggie burger with spinach, tomato, and mushrooms with parmesean chips. Definitely more filling.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #4  

Yeah, I always do better if I use veggies to bulk up the volume of what I eat. I add veggies to almost everything I eat, except the snackie things tend toward carbs, crunch and salt. Some days it's just hard to keep from the nibbling, other days it's no problem. Last night I went over in part because I didn't go to bed early enough. Add the nibbly nibbly attacks always hit just before TOM. I really think it's about to start, I've been feeling very cranky and short tempered all day today.

Well, back to the salsa factory- I'll check in later.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:36 PM   #5  

Hi everyone - I like that some of you are posting goals for the week. Mine are:

Stay op - 30-33 pts
Drink 48 oz water
Walk - 3 days.

I had a hard time getting away from the table tonight. So I guess I can add that to my goals for the week. Hope everyone has a great week. I'll check in tomorrow.
KPFBMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #6  

Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #7  
jeanne

Hi everyone! Great idea posting those weekly goals!

So, here's mine too!!!!!!
Stay OP!!!
Drink lots of water. (What is the daily recommended amount?)
Walk at least 3 times........but I'm shooting for 5!
EAT SOME VEGGIES!
Look in the mirror and try to say something positive about myself!

Have a nice day girls!!!!!

***Reminder - it's Biggest Loser night! Talk to you all about that tomorrow!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #8  
My Evolution

Recommended water intake. I have heard so many things. Half your body weight. That was way too much. I rarely got that in. I aim for 9 glasses/72 ounces.

I'm back at work and it has been hectic. I knew taking 2 weeks off would do that but when people are driving you crazy too that doesn't help. It's not affecting my eating though. That's a good thing.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #9  

I drink somewhere between 3 and 4 liters most days. (Been on meds that makes me very thirsty!) Although, I'd probably drink that anyway. I have 5 or 6 ozarka water bottles that I keep filled and chilled.

I did my balance ball routine today (ouchie), but it always is better after. If I just put it on when I come in, so the music is looping while I go change, that seems to be a good cue that it's time to work out. Someday, I will be able to lift my head and shoulders more than 2" when I do the oblique rollups. (Some day.)

I made a stirfry with beef, red peppers and bok choy for dinner- would have been lower points if I had BROWN rice instead of basmati, but someone (ahem) has been whining about all the whole grain stuff. I think we've moved to his and her bread, pita, tortillas, rice and cereals. He'll eat the whole grain stuff sometimes, but I actually prefer it.

I have aerobics in the am, guess I'll go relax a bit before bed.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #10  

Unhappy

Hi Everyone - fell asleep on the couch last night so I never posted. I hit a snag yesterday. Went out to dinner with friends from work and ended up in a Chinese restaurant. I picked a chicken dish that I thought would be okay but I was embarrased to asked how it was prepared, because I could imagine everyone thinking, Or here she goes on another diet!! When the dish came it was either batter dipped/some kind of coating and I'm sure it was fried. I only had a few pieces because we all shared and I did have a lot of points. But I was mad at myself. I should have just asked. It's just that I've been down this road so many times. So today my plan is to go a little lite on my points and I'm not weighing in today. Thanks for listening. Any suggestions on how I could have handled this better would be appreciated.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar1965 View Post
Look in the mirror and try to say something positive about myself!
That's a great idea, we all need positive strokes, especially from our own selves.

Scale is moving the past few days, maybe the increase of activity to 5 days a week plus the move to deep water is paying off. It was down at 261.5 when I got up and it had been steady (in the am) at 263.5 most of last week. I don't "officially" log my weight until Friday, but hope it continues- I could use a feedback boost.

Maybe 250 is feasible by Halloween.

Have good day kids!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #12  
My Evolution

KBFBMom--I think you should have just asked how the food is prepared. This is about you and your health and who cares what anyone else thinks. Besides you're paying for the food and you should have it prepared in the way you need to. Any restaurant can always so no but for customer service reasons I would hope they would not. If they say no just don't get them repeat business. You might want to always keep in mind what is safe to order at specific places (ie, chinese, italian, mcdonalds). Can't you tell I'm one of those people that will pick out an entree and tell them I don't want this and I don't want that, etc. I am a big planner too.

Ruthannie--Great job with the exercise. When I exercise it always makes a difference on the scale. Motivating myself to actually do it is another story.

Last edited by Shay; 09-19-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:53 PM   #13  

likenoother - Thanks for the support. I know you're right and I knew I should have asked how the dish was prepared. Next time I definately will. I like the idea of picking something safe ahead of time.

jar1965 - I love your goal to say something positive about yourself everyday!!
Old 09-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #14  
My Evolution

Hi everyone
Despite being in a crabby mood I have done well with food and water. I also tried something new. I've heard about Amy's for vegetarian and organic food so I thought I would give it a try since it was on sale at Giant this week. I had a cheese burrito and really liked it. I did notice that the three products I bought were really high in fat though.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 PM   #15  

Yeah, I've had those, they are good, but kind of high for what you get. I've bought some other brand tofu burrito things (on sale) and figured out my own veggie burritos are better and lower in points. You really have to peruse every label when shopping.

Things are going ok program wise (I've been kind of crabby too). One of my classes today would not settle down so I could do the demo/lecture. I finally had say "Hey! Professor talking here- anyone interested in class? If not, I'll quit wasting my breath and just give you an assignment to do!". They had projects due in 2 other classes and an art history test. Most were up all night and hopped up on caffeine from a run to the coffeehouse just before MY class! (I do remember those days.)

Anyway, the scale looks like it might be friendly tomorrow with a bigger loss than the past couple weeks. It's been down a half pound every day since Sunday. That really helps the motivation to stay OP with points.

I think it's evening snacktime- time for that WW Sundae.