Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 09:05 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#153

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-18-2002 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:07 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

I brought Mary over from the second page of the last thread, I didn't want anyone to miss it. Hope you don't mind.

Mary wrote:
Good Monday morning all. It is raining here today and windy.
Tina: I know exactly what you mean about getting closer. Losing weight does help. DH lost 30 lbs. before I started my diet that helped now since I've lost 39 all I ca say is ohhh boy

My genealogical society is hosting a reception for the grand reopening open house at the library so I will be busy this week .
maybe it will keep my mind off food. But I will be cooking some so who knows.
I'm off to get a bath and get dressed then breakfast so I'll check in later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-08-2002 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:36 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, ladies! Well, I have to tell you, I'm feeling much better. I got on the scale this morning, not WW, just mine. And I have not gained anything significant with these last three weeks of eating terrible. Apparently my built in food radar has kept me on an even keel. Even though I've been eating chocolate like there's no tommorrow, maybe I haven't been packing away some of the other stuff as bad as I thought. This gives me new motivation to say 'enough is enough'. It doesn't seem like such a disappointment to have to relose all the weight again, I just need to start from where I was 3 weeks ago. Does that make any sense? Well, even if it doesn't to you, it does to me and my head can get around the fact that I haven't made the mountain higher these past 3 weeks, I've just not reduced it either. Sounds silly that that would make me feel better, but it does!

It is grey and gloomy here today. I really wish Spring would get here. How the heck do you get to 58 degrees in Minnesota and I can't get to 40 in Michigan??? That doesn't seem fair.

I have a busy day planned today. Lots of work to do.

Baylee: Thanks for the recipe, sounds great!

Michelle: Sounds like you had your hands full yesterday but made full use of Andrew's 3 hour nap. That's ambition I just don't have! * Good luck with the folks around. Having company is always a challenge.

Duckie, honey, I'm sooooooo sorry! My Alzheimer's has kicked in once again and I'm not really sure where I got Nancy from! I'm soooo embarassed. Please forgive me.

LuckyLadyBug: That painting job doesn't sound like fun at all! The only painting I do is 'sponge'. DH does the initial coat on everything, then I come behind him and do my thing. I'm too much of a messy painter to be trusted with the pan and roller!

2cute: Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter. * I hate driving in that kind of rain too. And the highway just makes it worse. * A new computer that's faster will be so much fun. But if you don't have anything on discs, you better wait for your daughter to do some downloading or you will be lost.

Oh, Tina, you are such a hoot! I loved every bit of your post. My DH and #1 son are BIG Nascar fans. I just don't get the appeal of turning left for 500 miles, but hey, whatever floats your boat! * The bedroom story is so true. When I lost a bunch the first time, and second time for that matter, DH and I made all those same observations. Now it's time to do it the third time for keeps, I guess! * 37.5# is awsome! Keep up the good work! * Congratulations on your HUGE victory at Ryan's! That is really an accomplishment.

Mary: Your week sounds like it will be full of preparations and festivities. Enjoy the fruits of all your labors of the last couple of months. I bet the library looks just grand.

Well, girls, I'm off to work. Need to be at the mall at 10:00 when they open. I have a bunch of jobs to do today of all different sorts so I should be kept busy and off the streets.

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-08-2002 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:57 PM   #4  

GEEZ! Everytime I turn around we're on another thread!! I just can't keep up!!

TT: Oh yes. I totally know what you're talking about. It's just not as rewarding to lose the same weight over and over again. I have just been working to get back to where I left off before the holidays, and it's not been as exciting to see those pounds come off cuz I've seen it before, and all I can think of is how much I'd weigh if I hadn't gained all that back, and had just picked up where I left off. I'm just now finally back to where I left off, so everything from here on out will be MUCH more rewarding!!

BTW: In TOTAL agreement on the bedroom story. I'm can't wait to see my DH in May. I wonder how much I can lose by then??

Anyhoo, other than a vicous attack by my mothers home-made chocolate chip cookies, and not drinking enough water, I did pretty decent this weekend and kept up the exercise. Today I have stayed strictly OP, so I'm feeling OK.

Uh-Oh, my son is home from school and I am supposed to call his teacher. hmmmmm...
Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 04-08-2002, 05:20 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Hey all...Happy Monday!

Just checking in, I just had to catch up reading all the posts...now I have no time to reply! I had to laugh at all the (too much) information! It's all true and I KNOW everyone of us can relate! I don't think anything is sacred here...nor would I want it to be!

Michelle...we are in central coastal NJ, bayshore area...about 10 miles from Sandy Hook (where the Jersey Shore begins) Wouldn't it be fun to arrange a rendez-vous one of these days?

Wouldn't it be fun for ALL of us to meet? OK, when I win "the BIG Game" it's airline tickets for everyone! Malia, prepare the guest rooms!

For Motivational Monday...

"The body is a sacred garment. It's your first and last garment, it is what you enter life in and what you depart life with, and it should be treated with honor."
--Martha Graham

That's all, folks!

love ya!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:54 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

I'm Baaaack!!

I am stuffed! We went to the chinese buffet this afternoon and I know I ate more than I should but I ate stuff like chicken and salmon, green beans and pea pods, fruit and a couple of sugar free cookies. I did have an egg roll but they were really really small. We didn't have lunch though. We went shopping and when we came home I had a slice of cheese and I only had the 2 point breakfast so hopefully today will wash itself. I have to drink alot of water though..I am soooo thirsty!!

Kat..that would be so much fun to meet!! I met a bunch of people from another thread I use to post on about 3 years ago. We all met and went out to dinner and then to one of the others' house in Delaware. One of us even came up from North Carolina. It would be so much fun if we could all do something like that!! Kat how far away would you be from Sea Isle City at the shore? We are going there the last week in June with John's dad for the week. He rents that condo right smack on the beach for 2 weeks. If thats too far...then when do you think you might be back to Philly? We could definately meet then...Philly is practically in my back yard!! I worked down in Center City a couple of years ago! And in the North East!! I'm originally from Rhode Island and you can go anywhere in30 minutes or less...in Pennsylvania and Jersey I have no clue as to how far away anything is to what?????

Jen....you will look fabulous for your husband when he gets home! You just keep reminding yourself how much you want to look your best for him! I am excited for you...at least you have something worthwhile to work towards!! He would be so proud of you too! You can do it!!

Thin...yes I think we all understand the starting where we left off...I wish that was the case for me! I am losing the same weight I already lost and its not as exciting...that part comes when I get below where I left off!!

Baylee you sound like you have your food plan under control. The fresh fruits sound so good right now! And the grilled chicken breast. We bought a new grill...I know...I already told you all that...but I love it...I have been grilling the veggies on the griddle. Its great!!

Well, I really really hafta get something cold to drink...I am dying of thirst right now! I'll be back again tonight....I just love talking to you all! You are all such great friends!

Michelle
Old 04-08-2002, 07:19 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Oooh! How exciting! If I'm not mistaken, Sea Isle City is somewhere between Atlantic City and Cape May, right? Heck, if there's an exit off the Parkway for it, I can find it! Cape May is about a 2 hour drive from here, so that would be no problem! I'll bring the suntan lotion! How cool would that be?

Gotta go make dinner...
later ya'll
Old 04-08-2002, 08:29 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi ladies! Gosh does it feel good to have a new outlook. I have done well today OP.

I started with my usual apple. Had one of those new Mandarin Chicken salads at Wendy's. They are really wonderful, but I have to tell you the real 'skinny' on them. The salad is 3 WW points. The packet of toasted almonds is 3.5 WW points. The packet of crispy noodles is 1.5 WW points. And are you ready for this??? The Oriental dressing packet is 7.5 WW points! OMG, talk about ways to make a healthy choice, unhealthy! I was smart enough to ask for the reduced fat ranch dressing as well as the Oriental, just in case I didn't like the stats. I didn't use the crispy noodles. I did use all of the almonds (cuz I didn't think they would be all of 3.5 points, to be honest with you) won't do that again! So I figured what I ate was 8 WW points. Not a bad lunch, especially when it could be 15.5 points!

This evening we did a Mexican job. I checked 'Dotti's' before I left to see what might be offered and how many points it would be worth. I settled for the Low-fat Chicken Enchiladas for 12.5 points so I am well within my allotment for the day!

Oh, I almost forgot, I treated myself to a White Chocolate Mocha coffee at the mall while I was working. That was 5.5 points.

Now I know this run down is pretty dang boring to all of you, but the best part is, I journalled it! Woohoo! Time to change my evil ways!

I'm also very glad that you all seemed to get what I was saying about staying the same being better than a setback over the last 3 weeks. I'm still working on the holiday setback, but at this point I'm trying not to think of that anymore. It's over and donewith, time to move on.

Baylee: I really liked Kettering's quote. He is the guy that my youngest son's college was named after.

Jen: Come on, let's move on together. You're DH will be soooo surprised come May! I have my 30th class reunion and my niece's wedding coming in August and I'd really like to have made some significant changes by then. When I first started WW it was May of that year and my goal was 50 pounds by Labor Day and I did it. There's no reason why it can't be done again.

Katrina: I liked your quote as well. * I think some of us mid-westerners would be better off meeting in Chicago, although the beach does sound real inviting. How big is that condo????

Michelle: The Chineese buffet sounds great, but they get me into some BIG trouble. I like the sweet and sour chicken and General somebody or other's beef. All the fried stuff! It's better if I stay away.

Well girls, I've got paperwork from today's jobs to do so I'm going to leave you to your own devices or vices, whichever you prefer. Don't forget, a piece of fruit trumps a bowl of ice cream anyday!

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-08-2002 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:06 AM   #9  

Hi everyone,

A positively clear bright spring day. My prisms were sparkling in the sunlight (hence the name). I'll hang one in my car too. I need all the sparkle I can get. I hope this week is the start of a new dedication to losing weight.

Thin, I ate the mandarin chicken salad. It was terribly sinful, but it was delicious. Thanks for the point tally on the salad. This week I need to seek a new awareness of the number of points I'm eating. I'm weighing my food and writing in my food journal. Dare I hope this will be one? I'm amazed it's April and I'm still attentive. I usually drop after two months.

I'm off to fiddle with my food plan.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 04-09-2002, 03:41 AM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Just checking in real quick.............

I say that.............and I truly do intend to stick to it tonight. Everytime I intend to just add a short post, I end up telling you my life story! I guess it's because you guys are such good listeners. Got to head back to work tomorrow night, so this is my last night off and I'm actually doing some cleaning. I've got about 8-9 loads of laundry that I've kept putting off and I'm tired of DH asking me, "Don't I have any clean underwear?" He had to wear a pair of mine the other day. He would DIE if he knew I told you that! Shhhhh......don't tell. Anyways, I am doing the laundry now. 4 loads down----5 more to go.
Well, here is the result from WI (not Wisconsin) I know when I type that.....I can feel you going but I just looove it! Please indulge me. I lost 4 pounds this week! Makes the ol' total 41.5 in 9 weeks. Not too shabby, huh? And the best part about it is, I really do not feel deprived. If I really really want something and even my talking to myself doesn't help...(which it usually does) then I go ahead and have it. Because if I don't, I will eat half the house trying to kill the craving and then end up eating it anyways! Uh Oh......there goes the beeper on the dryer.....I think I'm actually going to do it this time. Hope you are all having a good night and much love to all of you.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:19 AM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Tina you go girl!! You are woman...I can hear your roar! Isn't that great motivation to continue to the next week?? You are doing fantastic...why would you even consider not doing it all the way this time! Something just clicks and you go go go...I just wish mine would click again....so far so good! I am working towards that first 20 bls off...once I get that off then I think I will be well on my way again...I just want instant gratification like you are getting! Just keep up the good work...the payoff is tremendous!!

Thin....yikes...a salad at 15.5 points...no wonder it tastes sooo good huh? Thats half a days points! No way!! I will pass!! Though I probably ate a days points at the buffet last night. Its a ritual when my parents come. My dad loves chinese and they don't have any decent buffets in Rhode Island. At least not witht he alaskan king crab legs on them!

Prism...thats a step in the right direction. Journaling, weighing and measuring. It makes you realize what you are putting in your mouth and makes you think twice about something before eating it!

Kat...I believe you are right about Atlantic City and Cape May. Just not sure about the exit off the parkway. Are you talking about the Garden State Parkway? LOL Little miss Rhode Island here! John tells me I'm not in Kansas City anymore! I will have to find out for you...but uh, suntan lotion...me? In a bathing suit...ha ha ha ha haha ha ha haha! Wait let me get off the floor!

Well...I better get my rear in gear and get me and my boy fed, washed and dressed. The parents will be back here early this morning ready to go to Rices Market...its an antique, flea market type thingy where they sell Amish meats and foods and stuffs!

I'll catch up to you all again this afternoon...hopefully the rain will hold off till then!

TTFN....have a great day!

Michelle
Old 04-09-2002, 07:33 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, ladies! I know, I know, I was just here late last night, but I had to tell "ask and you shall receive". It's 58 degrees here this morning. Skattered showers but should be sunny by the afternoon, they say. I'm holding them to it because I really need a little sun!

I ended the day yesterday with no food surprises, so I am one happy camper!!!

I'm off to do a box conversion this morning at Best Buy. That will take most of the morning. They don't open until 10:00 but the manager invited me to join him at 6:00 when he comes in so that I could get a good portion of it done before customers arrive. I opted for 8:00, 6:00 is just a bit much for this late sleeper!

Malia: I used to have a westerly facing window that had like a dozen separate panes in it and I had prisms hanging, one in each section, when the kids were little. We called my kitchen 'the rainbow room', it was truly beautiful! * This WILL be your week for 'new awareness'. We're back on the road, girl!!!

Tina: WOW!!! Another 4 pounds! That is truly awsome! I'm sooooo proud of you! The thing you said about having what you crave is so true. When we crave something it IS better to just go ahead and have at it because we will eat everything but the kitchen sink trying to satisfy the craving and still go back and eat what we wanted originally. Save the calories and just eat the dang thing!

Michelle: I hope you won't stay away from the Mandarin Salad altogether. Just choose a different dressing and don't use as many almonds. The whole salad by itself without dressing, etc. is only 3 points, still a nice bargain in points for the size of the salad!

Well girls, my time here is up. Gotta go hit the bricks. You all have a good day!

"The only thing to do is to hug one's friends tight and do one's job." - Edith Wharton
Old 04-09-2002, 08:11 AM   #13  

Tuesday Tip:
Trust me.
Prepare for bad days
Every dieter has bad days.
If God went on a diet, she'd have bad days, too.
However, no one gets fat because of the occasional bad day,
or even the occasional bad week.
So the next time you have a bad day or bad week, don't worry about it.
Just wait till it's over and then return to your diet.

This one seemed good since we all have complained about having our "bad" day or days.

I have gotten so far behind with these posts.....AND it's only 23 here this morning. I will never get my porch painted at this rate. Tina Congrats on the yet another loss...Does this mean you and your husband are 4 lbs closer

I have to get to work so I will have to catch up later...I may need to take a day off of work to get caught up.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:26 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Default Chromosomes, reproductive systems...

That's what we are learning in science this week! Oh, you didn't know I'm in the 5th grade? Yes, I am repeating it after ALL these years! and I didn't like it then, either! I have one child that just breezed through everything and another that needs to be practically spoon fed the information. So, if you need to know anything about the reproductive system of the sea urchin, I'm your gal!

Tina, you are my hero! Atta girl! You are dropping lbs like anything! Must be all the laughing going on down there...I will confess...since you are so forthcoming with the undie info...I have worn my hubbys tighty whities when mine were all in the hamper! and PRAYED that I didn't get into an accident! I am laughing out loud now...son is looking at me quizzically...I'll NEVER TELL! (except that I just told you guys!)

Thin, you are inspiring me to get my points calculator sliding again! I am renewing my efforts as of today...I have not been bad, just not real diligent about keeping track...nest week is weigh in and measure AND body fat calculation at Curves...I will have something great to report by then!

Gotta run, the little scholar is looking for breakfast now...all that reproduction makes him hungry I guess!

Catch you all later...
Old 04-09-2002, 03:38 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Afternoon ladies! I'm checking back in to say that I have fought off all of my temptations today. WooHoo!!!

I had my apple for breakfast (in the car on the way to my first job). I stopped at Wendy's and had another of the Mandarin Salads, this time with my own FF Ranch dressing, so the total was 7 points, cuz I did use the almonds.

Then was the fun part. All I could think about for the next two hours was what I could eat! YIKES! I wasn't hungry, I had the big salad, but noooooo, I was obsessed with what I was going to eat next. I thought about these yummy almond chicken wraps that they make at my next job. The chocolate chunk cookies. The nonfat frozen yogurt (that I would have had BTW if they had something besides lemon and key lime. YUCK! ) Then on the way home I was thinking of a peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen. THEN............ sense shone through. And I told myself I needed to wait and go home and if I wanted something then there was a little taco soup leftover or fruit or if I was real ambitious there are the ingredients for all of my 1 and 2 WW point treats. And sense WON!!!!! I'm a happy camper! I didn't blow it!

I'm thinking Boston Market for dinner. I love their turkey and you can have a real nice meal for about 15 points. We CAN do this!!!

LuckyLadyBug: Your tip was awsome! We do have to be prepared. Make sure that fridge and pantry are stocked.....with the right stuff. Know that we will want and what we can do to satisfy the want without going overboard. And then getting over it when we don't make the right choice and just start again.

Katrina: Sounds like you are just having a GREAT time, going to school again. What a good mom you are for not losing patience and leaving him work it out on his own. * BTW, doesn't 'reproduction' make you hungry????? Does me!

Baylee: I spoke too soon. It was 58 degrees when I left for work this morning and 49 when I got back at 2:00. Supposed to get down to 30 by tonight. I can't win.

2cute: Did those tornadoes that went through Texas come anywhere near your daughter??? Gosh, I hope not. * Haven't seen you on this thread at all. You better get back here. You're gonna have a bunch to catch up on.

Well girls, I'm off to load the dishwasher and do another load of laundry. Love to all.
Closed Thread