Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 09:52 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Christian Encouragers #142

Welcome to Christian Encouragers! We are a group who will be there for you in encouragement and prayer. Everyone is welcome!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:54 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
The last thread was busy......and many of us had difficulty with too much chocolate available! I decided to start a new thread, with the hope that with a new thread will come new strength and focus to eat properly!
Ginny
Old 04-05-2002, 12:33 AM   #3  
Made In Canada

Angry

Hi All! Hope everyone had a great Easter. Our Good Friday service was held at our Pastors house as well as a potluck lunch.It was great. I love it when the teens take part in the scripture readings.I spent Easter afternoon at the clinic getting bandaged up. I sliced my finger on a broken glass. No stitches, the doc was able to put steri-strips on instead. I still had to get a tetenus shot though. The bright side is I dont have to do dishes for 10 days. Gotta love it. Well now that the bunnies are eaten we can all get back on track. Have a great weekend everybody!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:21 AM   #4  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello y'all ~ Just popping in for a moment. Greg's niece is here and so I will be scarce for the next week. I will try to come online a few times while she's here but I can't be sure. If not, I'll be here next Thursday. Have a wonderfully blessed week!!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:27 AM   #5  

Angry Good Morning!

Hi guys! Thanks Sally, Gary for the encouragement about the lock-in, I am sure I will have a great time. I will get alot of exercise, just need to stay away from those munchies. Ecmom I like your attitude, I feel the same way, don't give up, start over its the only way to succeed. Chick4Christ- Sorry to hear about your finger, but it will be nice to get a break from dishes. Glad to hear your Easter was great. How could it be anything other, when we reflect at what Christ did for us!! gotta go now, I'll check back later.

345/298/285(by 5/10/02)
Old 04-05-2002, 02:40 PM   #6  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! I'm home from work today. I have swollen glands, sore throat and plugged ears. On top of that I ache all over. I knew I wouldn't be much good at work. I slept all morning and feel a bit better now. I still find it really hard to swallow so I've only had tea, applesauce and and orange today. I put some chicken broth on to cook so we'll have homemade chicken noodle soup for supper tonight. Good for those nasty colds!

I just wanted to keep in touch with you even though i don't even feel like sitting up right now so off to have a nap now.

Have a good day!
Old 04-06-2002, 07:10 AM   #7  

Blessing this morning!
I see great minds think alike Ginny we both started a new thread!
I had to hid the candy around here I couldnt stand it any longer!!!
I am trying to get back on track with drinking the water. I am going to try to get to the point where I dont drink soda and I drink water in its place. Looking back I lost the most and kept it off the longest when I gave up soda and sugar. I know a lot of mine is it is easier to eat out than to fix something and take it.

Wilma-Sorry to hear you are sick. Praying that you feel better soon.

doingitforme-I hope you enjoy your lock in.

Zoe-enjoy your time with your niece

chickforchrist-How is your finger doing? Praying that it heal fast!

Ginny-Thanks for starting a new thread. How is your family doing?

Supasal-Thank you for the web page and great support. I think I am doing better until I see a picture! They took some at work the other day and I cried when I saw myself! When I said tear it up they thought it looked good I was shocked it was me!

EZmoney-Sounds like you had a great time!

De-Your right if I quit I will only get bigger! At least while trying I am only staying where I am at! ( my fathers side the some of the woman are over 400 so I have to be careful because I could see me there!)

Patricia-How is everything at your house? Are the kids better?

Angelcat,Pravda, And all the others My prayers are with you all!

Sami

Last edited by sami; 04-06-2002 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-06-2002, 09:36 AM   #8  

Well chicks, I am taking a dose of my own medicine and taking my
eating program one meal at a time today. I plan to also go to a very nice park I don't usually get to, to do my walking today. Other that that I have a lot of laundry to catch up on. So that's it for my Saturday.

Have a Blessed Weekend, De
Old 04-06-2002, 02:21 PM   #9  

Angry Good Morning!

Hi! The lock in was great over all the teens, were boisterous, but good. I got lots of exercise, and was actually too busy too eat, I checked the scale this am and had lost another two pounds,
Doingitright, have fun walking in the park, it beats the laundry and walking outside is much nicer than inside. Its finally getting nice enough here where we'll be able to get outside without freezing. Sami good luck with the water, what nice is if you drink that, you don't retain it. Wheremost sodas are loaded with sodium,and increase the amount of retained water. Wilma hope your soon feeling better, Zoe enjoy greg's niece. Have a great weekend!
345/296/285(by 5/10/02

Last edited by doitforme; 04-06-2002 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:22 AM   #10  

I did it I made it through one whole day and stayed OP and even got my water in! I am praying for another day!!!! I got some sad news Sat that a close friend of mine Father died. She lost her Mother not to long ago. We grew up together and have been close for almost 30 yrs! Keep her and her two brothers in your prayers.

May the Lord Bless you and keep you!
Sami
Old 04-07-2002, 09:06 AM   #11  

Default Guess who called?

Just when you are totally out of control, giving up on loosing weight, settling for large, an important PHONE call arrives.
WW's leader, starting up new group beginning this Monday (tomorrow) in nearby town with no sign up fees. How's that for the right timing and the right motivation, Free sign up? DD and myself must take this as the sign it is, and keep on keeping on.
Thus, beginning tomorrow 6:30 p.m. we'll be back with determined WW's. Oh, say a prayer for me I just eat for every dang reason and worse, enjoy it. I look in that mirror and cry. I had lost 25 pounds last October and have regained all but 5 what is wrong with me? All my life I've hated this extra weight, I can loose it, I've certainly done it enough times but to keep it off.
My neice is closing in on 70 pounds gone, she's young, she's succeeding I want to be the next family member looking so good.
Ok, I can't be young again ( would be great knowing what I now know) but I can get healthy! Off we go to WW's.

God Bless each of you.
Hugs from Southern Ontario.

Sister Joanne ( Heading off to Sunday Worship = strength for the week!!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 02:09 PM   #12  

Default Hi Guys!

The old thread is still weaving, just so you know, I had a great morning so far, at Sunday school, church. Gutchie I believe all things happen for a reason, and God will provide all we need. So, I pray all goes better, with your additional support of actual w.w. meetings. God Bless!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 11:51 AM   #13  

Default Good news, Bad news

I guess I will start with the good news. I have lost another 7 lbs!!! I am so excited, this is with out even really trying. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
Now only 120lbs to go.

Bad news- my best friend went into pre term labor yesterday. They had stopped the contractions for a while, but, at 136am this morning she gave birth to a 1lb 5oz baby girl. They said that she is holding her own, but her lungs are underdevloped, and all those other things that go along with a premature baby! The babys name is Callie Renee. She was 5mths and 3wks along. These next 72 hours will tell. They have her hooked up to all the machines, and tubes. I have not seen her yet, I do not even know if they would let me, but my heart breaks for my friend. This is her 2 nd child that was born early. Her other daughter, who just turned 9!!!!!!!, is doing great. She has had 3 misscarriages, and one still birth! She is in her late 30s, and this was her last chance to have another child. I am praying that Callie fights hard and wins this battle. I do not think that my friend could go through another lose like that!
Pray with me about this, please. I have been up all nite praying for her and the baby!
Thanks
Pravda
262/245/125
Old 04-08-2002, 01:23 PM   #14  
Made In Canada

Smile

Hi Everyone.I was going to post Friday night to ask for your prayers for my daughters cheerleading competition but I got so busy.Our rehersal was Friday night.We had to be up at 6am Saturday morning so that we could get to the competition and get the girls curlers out of their hair and get them ready for their group pictures.The girls went on just after lunch and they rocked!The judges thought so too.We got 1st place.The senior girls took 3rd place for the team as well as 3rd place for 5-girl stunt team. The place was rockin for the Meadow Ridge Knights!!! WE ARE#1 !!!!! Now I can relax till football season starts in August.Practices start in July .I coached the JR Bantam girls for the last 2 years.We are cheerleaders for our community minor league football.
My finger is healing altough the strips fell off because I could not keep it from getting wet.It feels very numb near the end of the finger so why does it hurt like **** when I bump it? Pravda-Weigh to go on your weight loss,and my prayers go out to Callie Renee and her mom.
Joanne-What a sign! Go for it,dont give up. You can do it!!!Phil4:13
Sami-When I think about having to have another glass of water I think of a water filled balloon,squishy and jiggly. My prayers go out to you and your friend & family.
doitforme- Sounds like you survived the lock-in.I'm glad. Our youth group is doing one and I thought of volunteering.Am I crazy or what?
Wilma-I hope you are feeling better.Swollen glands are NOT fun.
Well I need to get ready for work,got called in to cover for someone. I know I dont post very often but I try to read the posts when they come in.My prayers are with you all. Have a great week.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:46 PM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! Thanks so much to all who prayed for me. I'm feeling much better! I'm back at work today and don't even feel too tired. We'll see what happens in a couple of hours.

Needless to say I haven't been walking or eating properly but now that I'm feeling better I'm going back on track again. The time change is going to make it easier for me to get out in the evenings which will give me more walking time.

Chick: Congratulations to you and your daughter. WTG!!

Pravda: You're doing awesome! Keep it up. My prayers are going up for little Callie and her family. Friends of ours had a tiny one like that and she's now a vibrant 12 year old. Another note, my mother was born 70 years ago and weighed 1 1/2 lbs. and she survived by being kept in a cigar box on the woodstove door. Miracles happen!

Gutchie: What an answer to prayer for you! Support where you need it. I'm looking forward to hearing good things from you!

Sami: Great job staying OP! I'm off to a new start too. I'll be praying for you and your friend.

Do it for me: WTG on the weight loss!

De: That's the best way - one day/meal at a time.

To all I've missed - have a great one!
Closed Thread