General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5`2

Thumbs down Britny Spears is fat!

I am not a fan of hers; but what do you think of all the hoopla over this?
I heard News-day had a cover that called her fat?

It really concerns me! All these girls out there are hearing this!
Snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #2  

thats whats wrong with these people....i mean come on...she did just have kids!!! and the probibility of her going back to her old ways (drugs ect) is higher because of everyones stupidity and BS (sorry theres no other word) GIVE THE GIRL CREDIT!!!! she is trying to get her life straight.....i wish more then anything people now adays would find the positive points instead of the negative allllllllll the time!!!!!
afb0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #3  

Well if your claim to fame & fortune is the stripper schtick, well, of course you're going to be scrutinized about that! She did look awful in the underwear get-up, IMO. Not fat, but bloated and drunk. The dancers on stage looked like they were keeping her from falling.

She's the one who billed this performance as some kind of monumental comeback, then showed up to rehearsal five hours late and with a drink in her hand. So the lesson is, you reap what you sow.

I hate it when I see some 12 y/o girl at the mall tarted up a la Brit. She's the worst possible role model I can think of!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

First off I want to say that I thought her performance was horrible. A musician myself, I don't understand ANYONE lip synching for any reason. I know that she has ALWAYS lip synched, and that mostly her performances were the bulk of her entertainment. But her performance was VERY dull.

However, I do not think she is fat at all. She is obviously carrying more weight around than before the had children, but she doesn't look fat by any means. Personally, I don't think I would have chosen that outfit, since it was unflattering.

I just wish she and the other girls would take a hint from the millions of people out there telling them that they need help and go get it. Take a break from their lifestyles and go get sober or get professional counseling or whatever it is they need. I don't know how you can get treatment for the things that are probably what are a problem for her while staying in the industry, releasing a new album, and trying to do performances again and manage to go through a divorce, custody battle, and trying to take care of her kids.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

I was annoyed to see everybody so harshly criticize her appearance, too. Most American women would LOVE to have her "fat body". It sends a terrible message to our young girls who are figuring out that whole body-image thing.

Good point, Lori! "Fat" isn't the issue here - bad lifestyle choices and emotionally unhealthy choices are bigger concerns.

Last edited by phantastica; 09-14-2007 at 01:46 PM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #6  

Well, the fact is for a dancer she IS fat/out of shape.

It's true I would LOVE to be as "fat" as she is but also true that I am not in the business of making millions by charging people to see me strut around in underwear.

I understand lipsyncing, especially when you aren't really a singer and need your voice electronically manipulated, what I don't understand is wearing all the wires & battery packs while lipsyncing!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #7  
Too thick

S/C/G: 301(42.0)/*ticker*/190(26.4)

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantastica View Post
I was annoyed to see everybody so harshly criticize her appearance, too. Most American women would LOVE to have her "fat body". It sends a terrible message to our young girls who are figuring out that whole body-image thing.

Good point, Lori! "Fat" isn't the issue here - bad lifestyle choices and emotionally unhealthy choices are bigger concerns.
This is so TRUE!
gagurl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #8  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

K8-EEE, I disagree that for a dancer she is fat. I think this concept is where the fat-judging problem lies. There is something wrong, when a dancer/entertainer is not supposed to have anything close to a normal-looking body. Same concept goes for models. I knew someone who was a pro model for a while who was told she was too fat for a certain job, at 5'10" and 112 pounds. It's just wrong.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #9  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

I thought she looked great - maybe she should not have worn that costum/outfit - but she looked fine to me.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #10  

Height: 5`2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
K8-EEE, I disagree that for a dancer she is fat. I think this concept is where the fat-judging problem lies. There is something wrong, when a dancer/entertainer is not supposed to have anything close to a normal-looking body. Same concept goes for models. I knew someone who was a pro model for a while who was told she was too fat for a certain job, at 5'10" and 112 pounds. It's just wrong.

I agree.
Snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

I'm sorry but she WAS NOT fat in any way, shape or form. She was gorgeous as she always has been. Yes the costume was tacky and her performance was bad but I think her body looked great. Like I said in another thread about this, she was clearly upset about something, IMO it looked like she could cry at any moment. I feel bad for her. I don't think she's all that talented but she is a girl, like the rest of us and it's just a shame that people are calling her fat, flabby , out of shape etc.
Brittney: You go girl, I would hope that if I were in your situation, everyone bashing you, calling names, expecting you to fail, I would still have the balls to go out there at all. Oh and that body is HAWT,especially after just having a baby.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #12  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Just found this article on CNN about this EXACT topic.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i agree..i don't think she looked fat....but i think she should fire her manager and best friends...no one should have let her leave the house in that outfit. It did nothing for her....no she isn't fat...but her body was not flattered by that. And as for her performance..i think she stunk..pathetic lipsynching and bad dancing. She nearly tripped 3 times that i counted. I think the poor girl needs help or she will loose her kids. Right now its sad to think the k-fed is turning out to be a better influence for his kids than the mom.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8-EEE View Post
Well, the fact is for a dancer she IS fat/out of shape.
I am going to have to disagree wholeheartedly here, because if Britney is too fat to be a dancer, then for a professional dancer I better consider myself morbidly obese, and better just hang it up-call it in quits tomorrow, and better cancel my performances and the classes I teach on Monday night. Heck...last year I was "too pregnant" to be a dancer, but it didn't stop me from teaching classes and dancing.

Pointe ballet is really the only dance form that you have to have a certain body type to execute. Someone cannot dance on pointe shoes if they are 50 pounds overweight...at least not without some serious pain.

You can be of skinny, of average size, even overweight-and still do tap dance, clogging, jazz, modern, hip hop, belly dance, etc. professionally.

We need to set the record straight, and tell it how it actually is. Britney isn't too fat to be a dancer. She WAS definitely not rehearsed enough, or sober enough to be one that night. Her problem wasn't in her weight-it was the fact that it looked like she hadn't slept in 3 days, was intoxicated or on SOMETHING, and was tripping, unable to lip synch, etc. and wore an unflattering outfit. Her performance was unprofessional...NOT her weight.

Fat-NO. Unprofessional and sloppy-YES.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:12 AM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Doesn't ANYONE remember Donyelle from "So You Think You Can Dance" season 2? You know, the one of the final four who had faced alot of criticism because she wasn't a stick insect, yet could DANCE???
As Aphil says, you don't have to be a stick insect for most forms of dance. It becomes an issue in pointe or in partnering where there are alot of lifts (hard for the guys to lift girls who weigh over 100lbs, you know). But for the majority of dance, weight doesn't seem to be the defining issue.
So, is Britney a ballet dancer? Of course not.
And, why are we comparing her pre-child birth 17 YEAR OLD BODY to her current one? That time in a woman's life where she is 17 years old and a size 2 lasts for all of about 5 minutes in the grand scheme of things.
Her performance may have been craptastic, but why don't we all cut the poor girl some slack on her figure?

Last edited by freiamaya; 09-16-2007 at 01:13 AM.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote