Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 08:51 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Angry Week of April 7th!

Good Morning all:
Well I was going to go for a walk this am. But it is raining way to hard. I mean really pouring out there.

We are headed to the ball game today. Thank goodness we have a roof. Otherwise there would be no game today.

Not much else to say. I need to get all the candy out of here. It is to tempting and I was in it yesterday. But I am going to take it out of the dish and put it up in a cupboard. I know that will help me make a better choice next time.

Back to work for me tomorrow. I sure did enjoy my 5 days off. Next vacation July 1. 12 weeks to go!!

P
Old 04-07-2002, 09:38 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good MOrning!!!WOW...I needed that other hour this morning!!!

Tech--Yeah Gophers!!!I was surprised it was on here also!!!Since I didnt know any team I was glad for whoever won!!!!TRied to watch the Redwings next but fell asleep..Refman taped it soo I will not look to see who won yet!!!
Good Luck on the job hunt!!!!

Pryia--Hello again!!!Enjoy that rainy day!!!

The weather here is beautiful!!!We took the kids to the Tabasco plant yesterday and had a picnic!!!!!My sinuses are now wide open with all that pepper smell!!!!!

Well, off to find something exciting to do today..Maybe we will picnic again and visit Antebellum houses!!!!!
Have a great day everyone!!!!
RR
Old 04-07-2002, 01:33 PM   #3  

Hi,

Pryia, Way to go on getting back to WW. Have fun at the game. Your new stadium is very nice.

Bailey, Way to go on the baggy 10's. It sounds like FL was fun. Good job on all the exercise.
I dream of winning the lottery all the time. I don't get tickets very often because I convince myself I am going to win and then the let down is horrible...

Vick, Enjoy that nice weather. I wish I could wrinkle my nose and be there enjoying it. This is the time of year that I start to get very cranky about the gray skyes here. I am definately a sunshine person.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. I think I am going to curl up on the couch with my new Nora Roberts book.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:43 PM   #4  
Phat Chick

Morning all

As Pyria can testify, I was up for most of the night, posting on 3FC and browsing in general. For the past couple of nights I have been waking up at around 2.30am and not been able to get back to sleep until 5am. Well I beat my record this morning 'cause I didn't go back to bed until 7am.

I am starting to get back on plan with the exercising, but seem to be going over my points on most days and unfortunately when I look back they seem to be wasted points, i.e high value for almost nothing. Hopefully now the weather is getting better I will be indulging in more fruit and salad.

My temporary assignment is still going ok - although I have to admit that I am still not keen on my co-worker. She is the type that farms out the work she doesn't like, but takes credit for it. Strange place, there seems to be little direct communication and I just can't be bothered to be proactive with my boss - totally wasted effort, so I just go in, do my hours and leave. Apparently the job market is starting to pick up again, so hopefully something will be on the horizon soon and I won't have to deal with it any more. I'm working for PwC by the way and even the FT staff I am working with are complaining about the number of job losses, but the company will pay outside contractors £10k a month, but won't increase the pay for permanent staff.

Sorry if that was a bit of a moan, hopefully I haven't put a downer on everything.

Starting back inlining this week with hubby - so if you don't hear from me after Wednesday, it will be because I am too sore to do anything

Oh someone posted last week about Changing Rooms and Ground Force - think it was Lyssalou? Watch out for Laurence Llewellyn Bowen (dresses like a dandy) and the room that they did in red, black and zebra stripes that the ownerd described as looking like a "t@rts boudoir". I guess you guys have the equivalent over there, but I bet there is more money in the budget.
Take care everyone

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 04-07-2002 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 03:23 PM   #5  

hello!

My internet connection was screwy yesterday and I could not get on here - very frustrating!

I overdid it on points the last 2 days - but here is the good thing - I THREW THE CHOCOLATE AWAY! I am so proud of myself. One day I threw away the remainder of the Easter candy and the next day, the chocolate chips. I don't need them here.

Liz - hope you had a great weekend and are feeling better!

Tech - good luck on your job decision. Not an easy one to make.

Nanci - WOOHOO FOR YOU ON THE LOSS! Your continued success is very inspiring. (don't let the dh loss get you down). ~ And about the exercise - send those pigs flying!! ~ Enjoy your book today. I'm reading Harry Potter #4 now - great books.

Pryia - congrats on joining ww!! ~ Hope you enjoyed the ballgame.

Bailey - I miss you! ~ Hooray for all the awesome exercise! And on the baggy 10's! I understand what you mean about spending $$ on sizes you hope to grow out of, but here's something to consider. I've had that issue also on the way down. But then when I would finally break down & buy something that fit, I was always so glad I did. I think I looked thinner & better in the clothes that fit, and that just inspired me to keep going. I just buy enough to get by. ~ As for the smoking thing, I quit smoking 3.5 years ago & what really helped me was Zyban (I call it the miracle drug) and I also used the patches. I agree with your thoughts that you really have to be ready.

I like the 'Act as if . . .' !

Bpb - sorry about your lack of sleep! ~ Enjoy your inlining with dh.

better go. Rabbit
231.50 miles
**eat healthy!

Last edited by Rabbit; 04-07-2002 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:00 PM   #6  

Hi all, I have had a rough couple of days! Been really down. Last night was no help!!! Dh's birthday was last week, and mom & step-father took us out to eat last night for it. I am very serious about not blowing my diet at all until I reach my target weight. I know that isn't for every one, but that is my commitment to me. Any way, my mom is not sympathetic, and that made last nights dinner very difficult. I came home really feeling bad about even having to loose my weight. I can't loose this weight fast enough. But the good news is that I wore a skirt that I haven't worn in 5 1/2 years!!!

Pryia - I hope you enjoyed the game.

RR - Sounds like you all had a great time with picnicing. It has been unseasonably cold around here, and it rained today. I can't wait until we have better weather so we can get out and do more stuff.

Nanci - How was the book?

I hope you all have a great week!!!

BPB - I don't think that was me, about the changing rooms, but it sounds interesting. Have fun inlining. I would love to re-learn skating.

Rabbit - WTG on throwing the chocolate away.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:42 PM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. It's been a really long time since I was here. I have been lurking for awhile but haven't had the gumption to get back in the swing of things. I have done absolutely horrible with my weight. I put back on the whole 35 pounds I lost plus about 7 more. Sigh. I wish I could say I don't know how that happened, but I do. I ate like a , that's how. I was sick with the stomach bug this past week and wasn't able to eat anything, even water went right through. I can't eat much so I decided that this was a golden opportunity and since the guy upstairs helped with the 4 days of stomach shrinking I was going to do my best to do my part and not overdo. We were at a friends bd party tonight and I only ate one piece of pizza which is a super duper improvement for me.

DH and I have started a new hobby called geocaching which is sorta like a scavanger hunt but done by adults with GPS receivers out in the woods. People hide containers then you go find them. We have been doing some pretty difficult hiking (well, for a normal person they aren't THAT difficult but for tubbo they are moderately difficult). We have been doing from 2 to 5 miles per weekend. That is the only exercise I am getting. I still have six more months of school and with that, working full time and learning how to raise a puppy............I'm bushed!! I don't have a clue how you guys with kids find time or, more importantly, the ENERGY to work out. I have also recently been diagnosed with possibly having asthma which does not help my working out problemo. I have one more test on Thursday which is supposed to be the definitive one. I have a question for those of you who started workout programs being in not so great shape. Do you feel like you can't get your breath and that you want to throw up with only moderate effort? Like a dumbbunny I can't remember to ask the doc about that one.

I can't go to WW anymore because of school, so I think I will try to post losses and gains here. I haven't weighed since being sick, but prior to last week my weight was 224. Wow, that was hard to write. I will weigh in the am and post tomorrow.

Thanks guys!! Have a good Monday.

Karen
Old 04-07-2002, 11:08 PM   #8  

I have a severe case of the Sunday night blues. I am really dreading the work week. It seems that a lot of us a really struggling with our jobs at this time. Maybe we need to start making some goals about changing that as well.

Lyssalou, I am sorry that your Mom is not supportive. That makes it hard. Remember you are doing it for you.
The book was good. It was a nice way to spend the day.

Rabbit, Congrats on throwing out that chocolate. I am so PROUD of you! I keep meaning to read the Harry Potter books and have not done it yet. Maybe I will get them and take them to Mexico with me.

BPB, I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping. That is the worst.

Karen, Welcome back. I have not had the feeling that I was going to puke from exercising. The only time I have a hard time catching my breath is if I am really working hard. I would check with your Dr.

See ya
Nanci
Old 04-08-2002, 08:48 AM   #9  

Hi everyone!!
Just gonna write a quick note to myself to try and refocus -- I'm hoping if I see it posted I'll try harder to stick with it.

First a confession...I totally lost control this weekend and ate everything I could fit into my mouth. It wasn't pretty!! I even hit the McD's drivethru for cheesy greasy fast food. I don't know what got into me but I think it's over with now.

I'm setting some small goals for myself this week.
1. Get to the gym every morning
2. Take a 15-30 min walk after lunch and dinner
3. No soda until Friday -- only water
4. Stay within or close to my points range

I feel like I was making good progress but the last 2-3 weeks I have hit the wall (more like the fridge!!).

I promise to myself to do this!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2002, 08:57 AM   #10  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Still here...

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been posting lately because I've been feeling so bad about my weight. Things aren't really so bad but I've been stuck with the same 2 lbs (up and down) for a couple of months now. I don't know if it's a plateau or if I've been eating more than I realize. I'm not sure really. I'm still counting my points and I've been really good I think maybe I've just had a few too many "free days" eating out etc. When we really started (my husband and I) to watch what we eat we rarely splurged but maybe I've been doing it more I'm not sure. And this morning I was up another 2.5 pounds! It was very upsetting but I'm not giving up. I just really wanted to reach my goal weight (or at least my first goal weight) by the time it was shorts season here. Oh well. On the bright side I can still fit into lots of clothes that I couldn't a year ago. It's just staying the same for so long that's killing me and I have to make sure I don't give up - which I haven't yet. Anyway so that's what's going on with me.

Pryia - I'm happy that you're back and I hope we'll see you more. Going to WW is so great - keep it up!

Karen - welcome and good luck with everything! I also have to say that feeling that sick with only moderate exercise doesn't sound great but you should definitely ask your doctor.

Lyssa- isn't that the worst when people are completely unsupportive. I'll never understand it. I mean I believe that you should enjoy and relax once in a while but only if that works for you. For some people it's too easy to slip back into your old ways so you just do what you have to do and be happy that your husband is supportive. That's most important.

Rabbit - way to go on the chocolate - that's exactly what I have to do sometimes.

BPB - sorry you haven't been able to sleep lately - that can really screw up your day. I've also been thinking about changing jobs. I really like it where I am but I'm just not paid that well and all my friends keep getting these high paying jobs and I'm jealous. With more money we could finally buy a house and that should be incentive enough. Maybe we'll both get lucky!

Have a great day everyone!!

Elisa
Old 04-08-2002, 04:25 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Things are still nutty around here at work, but I'm reading everyone's posts. Sounds like we all need new jobs and more will power!!

Hey Karen- Great to see you, was wondering if you were still around anymore!!

Have a nice evening!
Old 04-08-2002, 04:44 PM   #12  

Hi all, just thought I would say I am reading, but not posting. Life is not going well right now, diet is going great, but life is not so good. It sure does make me feel better to read all of your posts. Hope you all hang in there, and weigh the pro's and con's of "depriving" your self of the junk food versus the benefits of loosing weight.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:01 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

OK, I' m going to be able to do this. I did it before and I can do it again!! I know I can, I know I can, I know I can. There. Maybe that will help get me through the evening . Anything to get through the first day. So far, I'm OP!! Yeah. I've only had 6 points. I had nothing in the house I wanted for breakfast so I just didn't. I know that's not good but I figured it was better than stuffing something in just to do it. I have decided to do slimfast for breakfast 'cause I just can't find anything that's easy AND dietetic. I have breakfast in the car so I thought the drinks would work out well. I bought a box at Target today and they are 4 points each...........about one more than I thought they would be. If this doesn't work out I will have to get back with Natural Ovens. They have halfway decent bagels that are 3 or 4 points. They also have some awesome breads that are low in points. The only problem is that you have to order before Thursday for the next Mondays baking. The stuff is awesome though.

LBH: How are things? I think about you and Dani alot. I need a kick in the butt and you are the closest, maybe I need to make an appointment with you!!

lyssalou: Sorry things aren't going well. Keep on coming here. You can vent here and nobody cares!!

Nanci: Sounds like you are doing awesome with your weight loss. You are lucky that your DH is doing it with you. I kept telling myself that it would be so easy for me if mine would, but ya know what......it wouldn't either. I would still have to make the right choices and besides that, he didn't make me the way I am, I did!!

OK, gotta go decide what to do for dinner. Ya'll have a great evening.

Karen
Old 04-08-2002, 05:12 PM   #14  

Hello.

Last night I was so happy there was not chocolate in the house because I was thinking about it! Just have to break that habit. . .

Lyssa - sorry you've had a rough couple of days. I think your commitment is awesome! It's tough when those around us aren't supportive, but you just gotta stick with what is right for you. ~ Hooray on the skirt fitting! ~ Hope things are looking up for you soon!

Karen - welcome back! Your new hobby sounds like fun, and great exercise to boot!

Nanci - ds got me the first book for Christmas and I've been reading them ever since.

Liz - well hopefully you got the mcd out of your system for awhile! ~ Nice goals!!

Elisa - sorry you have been stuck. Maybe if you just change one thing you can break the plateau.

have a great day. Rabbit
Old 04-08-2002, 05:52 PM   #15  

Default I'm back!

I made it through the weekend. Ate too much, but had a good time. Had fried fish Saturday night, Chinese buffet Sunday lunch ... oh, well, it's another day, so start all over. I finally picked up some pretzels somone in another section of 3FC mentioned, Rold Gold Honey Mustard Bite Size. Ooh, I think these could be a problem . 12 nuggets are 3 points. Boy, are they yummy! Sweet and kinda tangy at the same time

OK, I am trying to respond to 2 different threads, so forgive me if I miss you!

Bailey - hope you have a ggod time in Fl. Re smoking: I used Zyban, but I could only take it once per day. Twice gave me these awful muscle tics all over my body (very rare side effect). I told the company I would do a commercial for them for free!!! If you are really ready to quit, it will help you. It works on the physical craving part; you still have to deal w/ the emotional/psychological part, though. I sucked on Sugar Free Certs ( smoked menthol, and the Certs helped a LOT w/ not having that minty taste). Wish I had bought stock in the company that makes Certs cause I made them a lot of money!!!

Pryia - we will have vacation at the same time in July! I leave for San Diego Saturday morning 6/29. I have not had more than a day or 2 off at one time since December 2000, so I am ready to go! Good job making it back to WW.

Nanci - WTG on the loss; every little bit counts!!!

Tech - I'm sure there is a good compromise on a job out there giving both satisfaction and better money. If you're not hard up for $$, keep on looking. After 9/11, I've decided that life's too short to be spending so much time at something you hate. If I were married, I would be looking for something else. However, i ahve no other income to fall back on, so I keep on keepin' on. I don't hate my job (accountant), but it's definitely not what I call fulfilling.

Rabbit - step back from the chocolate!! Good job tossing it. Re pudding: do you know how long it keeps when you make it? That's why I like the cups; they keep for awhile. I'm afraid that if I make it, I will eat it all in a day or two. W/ the cups, sometimes I only eat 1 or 2 a week. I stock up on them when they are on sale. I can catch them lots of times for 89 cents, and I get coupons when I can. I do hate the extra trash they create , but I'm trying to make peace w/ it.

BPB - that Lawrence on Changing Rooms is a hoot!! In the US, we have a show called Trading Spaces (based on our CR), but CR is better. On TS, they each get $1,000 in US dollars. What's that in pounds??? On TS, there seem to be more bad rooms than good ones. I do love Ground Force, too. That Alan Titmarsh (is that his last name???) makes me laugh, that is when I can understand him. You ahve some quaint sayings over there!

Lyssalou - hang in there, and trust in God. I will put you on my prayer list.

Karen & Elisa - welcome back! Hope all the lurkers (of which I was one) come out and say hello!

To everyone else, hope the week is treating you well. Choose your food wisely and dring that water!!! (now to listen to my own advice ...)

Gotta go. Later!
Lisa
Closed Thread