Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 4"

Default LAWL - What has changed?

I've been on hiatus for about two years. I keep hearing about how LAWL has changed on the radio...

Can anyone tell me what has changed?

Thanks!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

the new diet plans include higher fibre foods, and we get more starch exchanges and our protein sizes have decreased. Almost all protein is measured out to be 4 oz. cooked weight. There are a few at 3 oz and pork ribs I think are 2 oz...

Starch serving sizes have changed. We can have two slices of lite bread as one serving, or 4 breadsticks rather than the 2 we were allowed before. Stuff like that.

We can now have sugar free/fat free pudding as a dairy serving, and everyone I think gets two dairy servings and fat servings instead of the one we got before.

This is just a sampling, some other changes as well...but to give you an idea...

Last edited by Pastrey; 09-12-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey Karen, Good to see you!! How is married life going?

Most centers have changed to numbered plans instead of the colored plans. Patsy gave you most of the info. It's basically going off the glycemic index and more on the food pyramid. Basically, more food. Some places call it the feel full plan. It's been working for some and not for others.

Have you maintained your loss?
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdebster921 View Post
Hey Karen, Good to see you!! How is married life going?

Most centers have changed to numbered plans instead of the colored plans. Patsy gave you most of the info. It's basically going off the glycemic index and more on the food pyramid. Basically, more food. Some places call it the feel full plan. It's been working for some and not for others.

Have you maintained your loss?
Thanks!

Married life is just that... Married life... Some days are good/great, others are horrible, and then the neutral days...

I had a car accident December 2005, and I've been gaining weight from the medication that I've been on. I have gained about half of what I lost back...

It is real depressing. I've talked to my doctor, and he blows me off. I wish I could stop taking this medication, because I've been eating like I'm supposed to and still gaining weight...

Last edited by MetalChic; 09-12-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, Karen, I am sorry to hear that. Maybe it is time to talk to a different doctor? At any rate, it is so good to see you! Carmen is around here somewhere, too. Where are you at Carm?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Oh, Karen, I am sorry to hear that. Maybe it is time to talk to a different doctor? At any rate, it is so good to see you! Carmen is around here somewhere, too. Where are you at Carm?
My family doctor blows me off with the it's the medicine crap... He does order the blood test for tyroid problems every time I complain (I insist).

I go to a neurologist too - no help there either, they actually give me the meds that cause the weight gain. I go back to them (I've seen several to get more opinions) the first week in October. They are talking about sending me to a rheumatologist. When I went last week, they ordered a blood test that helps diagnose lupus. They think I may have lupus or fibromyalgia because of some of my other symptoms.

Did you say before that you had fibromyalgia? If so, how do you deal with it?