Old 09-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #1  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Smile September SlimFasters

Hi there to all interested in Slim Fast. Here is a place to pop in and tell experiences, ideas, pose questions! Here is some general info I'd posted earlier this year :

The plan impressed me because of the Consumer Reports magazine finding that SlimFast was the second most effective mainstream weight loss plan behind only Weight Watchers.

The comparisons on how long SlimFast Optima shakes help control hunger also got my attention. Here's that url - http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=5801672

Last edited by Whittlin; 09-11-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #2  

Hey, Whit, Jax, Tamara, bargoo, etc

Last edited by 4myloves; 09-11-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: I'm a nut in a rut.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #3  

Hey, ladies (and possibly gents?). I'm a first timer to this thread, but thought I would pop in. I have done Slim Fast in the past, and it worked...but it's hard. I decided to try again, try to get past this plateau I'm on and work my way down a little faster (not unhealthy fast, just more than a pound every two weeks...blah). Can I join in?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #4  
Whittlin

Very happy to have you, WinterStarzz! Congratulations on losing 36 pounds. I think I know that plateau! Think I've been there! LOL. Interesting to hear that SF has been successful for you in the past.

Yes, I think changing-up what we're eating sometimes can be a help. Several on this thread have spent time, or are now spending time, doing something other than SF while still keeping SF in mind.

Almost absentmindedly bought my SF powder on a drug store stop the other day, but thankfully saw the price. Well over $8.00US for a canister, the highest price I've seen. As a rule, the grocery stores are going to have the better pricing. Sometimes a discount store will have a good price, but also don't just assume it's best. When they are not having a special, they are about the same as the nearby grocery, so no reason to make a special trip.

Cheryl you are positively glowing - looking good! Has it yet been time to hear a little heartbeat or is that still in future?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #5  

Quote:
Cheryl you are positively glowing - looking good! Has it yet been time to hear a little heartbeat or is that still in future?
Heard the heart beat at the last appt. 165 beats/min!! My next appt. is September 21 and, if the baby is willing, I MAY be able to find out if I need to buy pink or blue!!!!

Last edited by 4myloves; 09-14-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #6  

HELLOOO???? HELLOOO???? HELLOOOOOOO????
Old 09-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #7  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Wow Cheryl - it's great to hear that heart beating, isn't it. Best of luck on Sept 21. That's not long now...

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:08 PM   #8  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies!

Cheryl: Isnt' it so cool to hear the heartbeat? I remember how neat that swishing sound was. How did your appointment go today? Did you find out the sex?

Jax: How are things going on your new plan? Are you enjoying it?

Whittlin: Thanks for those links! Good information and I love to see things like that that tell me I'm doing something good for my health. I saw that Bob Greene also recommends it in his Best Life diet...that's a good affirmation as well. I found an awesome recipe in the Best Life magazine for Blueberry wholegrain pancakes...with Walden Farms calorie free berry syrup they're heavenly! If anyone wants the recipe let me know and I'll post it.

Winterstarz: Welcome! How are things going with the SF? Have you checked out the meal plans on the SF.com website? There are some awesome recipes and full plans that tell you what to eat, but you can change them to suit your taste or just use it to figure out the calorie range you should be in for a meal/snack. The meal plan takes all the thinking out of it though (except for doing the substitutions), and makes sure that you're actually getting 100% of your RDI or nutrients. I absolutely love it and it helped me lose 23lbs in 14 weeks (I missed a few weeks with holidays and off-plan eating so in total I've been on SF for about 17 weeks).

Anyhow girls I'm off to watch a movie...have a good night and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #9  

Quote:
Cheryl: Isnt' it so cool to hear the heartbeat? I remember how neat that swishing sound was. How did your appointment go today? Did you find out the sex?
Why, YES, yes I did........
Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 PM   #10  

The doctor also told me I have a BIG baby. He bumped up my due date again (closer to what I had actually figured it to be originally )
Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #11  
Whittlin

Cheryl, I'm so happy for you! Not a surprise that you probably guessed date better than doctor's calculations. I've had that happen, too.

Tamara, I did NOT know that about Bob Greene! Yes, I would like to see that recipe. I don't like the fat-free condiments because I know the companies go heavy on the sugar to make up the taste when they sell a fat-free product, but calorie free pancake syrup? Hmmm... ...

Went by another SF display in which the chocolate powder was sold out while many canisters of the vanilla sat there beside the empty space! I'm so glad I know that there's no reason to give up in that situation if you only like chocolate - a teaspoon of cocoa turns any vanilla shake into a chocolate one that tastes great. (But I like vanilla, too, especially when mixing-in fruit)

I am so totally on a plateau. I know it is stress. When I am racing through life so that I can't get in 2 of some type of SF in a day even if I try, I know I won't lose. (Of course, sometimes I substitute for the SF but can still be on-plan. I'm talking about when even that falls through.) A lot going on in my life right now but maybe seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited by Whittlin; 09-24-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #12  

Quote:
I am so totally on a plateau. I know it is stress. When I am racing through life so that I can't get in 2 of some type of SF in a day even if I try, I know I won't lose. (Of course, sometimes I substitute for the SF but can still be on-plan. I'm talking about when even that falls through.) A lot going on in my life right now but maybe seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #13  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

My new plan (Sonoma) is going well except for the last week when I have been sick with bronchitis. I have antibiotics now and hope that will kick it out. I've not been eating much of anything and have lost a little, no exercise though. I have been using my slimfast muffin snacks this week when I really don't feel like eating - they're not exactly Sonoma-friendly but they are whole grain to some degree. Right now my focus in on getting well again not weight loss. I've also been going to TOPS which has been great for support, and I've started using my weight there for my ticker. That may mean missing my October goal (since I wear clothes) but that's OK.

Cheryl - often the doctors have no idea on due dates. I know with #2 and #3 I estimated my due date based on ovulation then worked backwards for a "period date" to give the doc. Glad to hear you're still well.

Tamara - glad you're doing well. I'll have to get to Calgary one of these days! How's the wedding planning coming?

Whitlin' - sorry to hear about the plateau. I did that over the summer, that's when I changed up my diet plans. I hope the stress lessens for you somewhat since you seem to have a good handle on what works for you. Can you do the RTD shakes when you're stressed? On the being out of chocolate thing - I have often added cocoa to the vanilla mix, since the choc. mix has artificial sweetner which I'm not fond of. I only bought chocolate slimfast in the RTD for that very reason.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #14  

Bump