Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 05:57 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb 25 The bus is movin again!!

Good Monday Morning.

My goodness, where have we all gone to? The bus is pretty quiet.

Speaking for myself , I know that the months after the holidays have been tough for me. Focus wise. It seems like my determination only lasts a few days. I get soem exercise in, eat right, but my focus fades. I do know that I don't want to put any more weight bcak on. I never want to wear a size 24.26,28 again. I also know that I do want to waer a normal size. A size 12.

SO I am with Sue. 10#'s between now and mother's day.

So girls. What do you say? Are you there to answer?

What about all you dedicated lurkers? I know you check in to see how we are doing. Why don't you come on board? This isn't a private club. It's open to anyone. We need the support.

So.....

I think I'll Start a thread dedicated to the trip to mother's day
Old 04-01-2002, 10:59 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pam I am so jelous of your weather!!! 86 sounds wonderful even 56 would sound good!!!

I am so ready for this trip OP all the way. I even tould DD that our weekly splurge will have to be put on hold. I can not do it. that was triping me up badly. so until i drop this 10 plus the 10 of fluid i have (was 179.8 this morning almost 10 lbs of water) i will not splurge. this will be tough for the first week. but i am holding storn although it is only a few hours into the morning. I have almost 2 1/2 doz eggs for munching so i am ready.

Pat Pam lets go girls!!! I will continue to email dana to find her and lure her back. she needs our help!!!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:42 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Good Morning,

Nothing really new to report. SPring is out there somewhere. The poor birds that came back so early look a little pO'd.

The house hunting will begin in earnest in a couple of weeks. I haven't heard any thing positive about that experience from any one. We do now have a realtor looking for us. I am so eager to move into my own space. The drive is killing both DH and myself.

I am also eager to make the weight 222#. That will be an official 50#'s off. THe next milestone. I've got to start pushing myself in ways that will not aggravate the knee anymore than it is. One more week till the MD appt.

Where is everyone?

Sue, Way to go with the energy!! we will get there! 10#'s gone
Old 04-02-2002, 01:04 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

I am still waiting for spring. just hints of it but i am still holing hope. it may just trun to summer like it has for several years. UGH i hate that!

Staying OP so far managed to eat just 1 jelly bean yesterday and it was not worth it! but it was better than the 1 gross that i ate sunday!

LK has joined us for the Mothers Day challenge! Way to go!!!

Pam come and tell us more of the nice weather. (I feel like a kid telling mommy to read me that book with the happy ending again! )

I see hints of flowers here on the occasion will i see some croacusus (sp)

Busy day here so must run.

Check in girls!
Old 04-03-2002, 05:34 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,

My goodness I just read about the possibility of even higher gas/oil prices. It is getting pretty scary over in teh middle east.

The weathe still sucks. The extended forcast shows 50's next week but I will believe it when I see it.

It is pretty quiet other than that.

Have a great day
Old 04-03-2002, 06:26 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

We were having light snow here too! horrible i can not wait till it gets a bit warmer.

I am feeling much more incontol again!!! thanks for the little vacation from my self!

Pam? Dana? girls where are you???

Pat how is the job going??? Hope you have a great time with the house hunting, I do love doing that. it is fun to see what everybody else does with their house. it is the lack of choices that i do hate. I will hope that you find what youa re looking for withoug too much problem
Old 04-04-2002, 06:27 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Well it is Thursday. Yesterday was a better day OP wise. The cravings were less intence and much easier to brush off.

The job is OK. Nothing I plan on retiring from. It is teh hours that I don't like. But it's fine for now.

The house hunting is going. I am not much of a shopper. ANd I am a bargain person when I do shop. Neither, applies well to this process so far. The winter dragging is slowing down teh process as the snow covers the ysrd. Can't wait till it is over with.
ANd basically if I was honest it's really my attitude(negative for somereason) that is coloring everything. Must work on it.

Pam, melody, lee, dana LC, check in and let us know how things are going you rae missed!
Old 04-04-2002, 10:12 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

maybe wieh the weather gets better you will feel better about house hunting. the realators can send you tons of papaers to help weed out some of the bad ones. and yes you do need to see teh whole thing toget a beter idea of how it is going to look.

doing much better today had too much running today but hopefully things willb e eaaseir tommorow i have volentered to baby sit for a friend her 3 kids overnight on friday HHMM how stupid!!! but that is ok they are not comming till about 9 and then i will make popcorn and then send them to bed!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 02:15 AM   #9  
gbo

Well my Darlings Tom came in today quite rudely I might add! Still I have been so busy and so much to do. This weekend we are painting the livingroom and going to a town function on Saturday evening. Busy , busy , busy!!!!!

Just for my Sue bee...........

The Azalias are hot pink and the bush is bursting with blooms as is the white one. The Magnolias are thick with buds so soon the sweet scent of Magnolia will fill the air. The The dark red raspberry bushes have spread beyond our hopes and tiny white flower are beginning to give way to budding fruits so sweet and delictable. The sun shone softly today through rain clouds that eased by and a light breeze warm and fragarent with Wisteria wafted through the open windows and doors. Birds sang with such joy and played in the bird bath I had filled in the front yard.
Hummingbirds came to feed just in front of the large bay window showing off all their beauty and danced about the window with great glee. The grass becons for a trim as the recent rains have caused it to burst out of the ground with much enthusium. Even the weeds have shown a curious dazzle with lovely delicate purple flowers as if to prove that they can enhanse the effect too. Leaves appear upon dead looking trees and life has filled them again. Bumble bees lightly bounce from flower to flower the orange yellow stripes brilliant against the tender petals. Cats lay in the warm sun streaching and yawning to dash off and chase after one bug or another. Life has renewed itself yet again and in full blazing glory.
WE are like that too. Again we pick up where we left off and renew bringing ourselves to our own full glory.
Pam
Old 04-05-2002, 05:19 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well it is Friday. Another week is gone by.

I am torn between jelousy and wonder from Pam's beautiful description of spring. It is so nice to see you post. As always.

More snow for today an dtomorrow. I am desparate for spring and warmer weather. Had a Good ole Atkins day yesterday! THe metal mouth is back! No workout though

Sue - you are a wonderful friend! good luck with the kids tonight.

You all have a great weekend
Old 04-06-2002, 06:46 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

had to laugh I could not even read what i had wrote! LOL I know when i get going my typos get bad but that was too much!!!

Pam what a wonderous way of writing. You speak so much from the heart it just pours out of you in a beautiful flow of words. Thanks for the descriptiion I am freezing my butt down here how is that for a description??? it is so cold my raynauds is acting up really bad!!!

I have been bad tosay a bit stressed and the jelly beans did not make it to the garbage. they are gone now!!! I did have some hot dogs so the sodium will be holdig me back but i have lost a ton in flid this week. almost 5 lbs!!!

DS got mad and kicked the door. the problem was that it was a french door with very old glass and now we have a hole where the galss was and a small cut on my 8 year olds foot!! i almost killed him!!! I can say that i was stressed and eating out of stress.

I have a site for avon now!!! I am excited i spent all day yesterday reading up on doing business online now I am ready! if anybody want to they can order through me and have it delivered to ehir house! just sign up with my site if you want or by some one elses (they get thecredit) but here ismy site www.youravon.com/sthorne I am excited!!

other than the bad eating this day i had a delcious dinner vege goulash made with

peppers
zuccini
onions
eggplant

and sausage all cut and fried together in a pan then add a can of tomatoes to it. and any seasons that you like i like mione rather plain so garlic, and parsley is all i add. but it sure was really good. especially with the sausage.

Pat i was thinking of you if you were house hunting today. hopw you had a good time.
Old 04-07-2002, 12:44 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

I feel more incontrol today !
Old 04-08-2002, 06:38 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Good morning all!

There are more people back on teh bus!!!

Dana, I miss you!

Terri, Oh my gosh no one was hurt were they? I hope not . Glad you are here!! You were missed.

Melody , where are ya girl?

Sue you doll. Thanks for letting me know. Went house hunting this weekend. Nothing great.

I'll have more tommorrow
Old 04-08-2002, 02:35 PM   #14  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Sorry ladies! I didn't mean to be gone for so long! Things have been crazy, and then we had spring break, and I just couldn't get to the computer, and well...I missed you guys! I thought about you everyday, and everything that I would tell you if I had the time to get to the puter.

Well, I finally went to the doctor. The pain had spread to my knees. In my head I knew it was arthritis. I just knew. he sent me for tests for lupus ,and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was scared to death I would have RA. my aunt has it, and is completely diabled, due to it. I was scared....He told me he thought it was RA. Well a week later I went for my results,and it wasn't RA!!!!! I just have regular old, "old people's" arthritis (osteo arthritis)!!!! Isn't it great!!!???!!! It won;t cripple me!!! YIPPEEE!!! I might be able to make that 5K after all. BF made fun of me, being so "OLD"... I'm 28, he's 23. A baby.

I finally got off my buns and began my BFL challenge. I started Wednesday the 3rd. I have the workout part down. I just need some help on the food part. It's tougher. My buns are so sore from weight lifting last night. today is aerobics!! 20 minutes on the elliptical. I have been doing that instead of running, until I get this arthritis under control. I like it. I do it while I watch TV, takes my mind off the pain. Tomorrow will be weight lifting again....upper body...and on and on we go....

I finally got the BFL book. I found it for $20 at meijer. It is really inspirational. AThe diet is hard. i feel like I am starving most of the time. Which sucks because then I want to binge.

I heard on the radio this AM, about a new gum that helps curve your sugar cravings. If you chew itfor 3-1/2 minutes, then you don't want anything sugary....even if you try to eat something sweet afterwardas, it takes the sugary taste out of it...for example, chocolate tastes like wax, and Coke tastes like water. I gotta find me some of that. Go to Rick.com if you are interested. I think they said itis $29.95, for a huge box.

Well ladies, have a great day! I missed you guys! Pam, I am glad you are doing so well, and Sue congrats on the good #'s from the Doc, and the 3 miles!!! WHHOOO HOOO! I am jealous! Pat, thanks for thinking of me while I was gone!!!!

I gotta go join your challenge now!!!

love ya!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:21 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Melody and Terri!!! I missed both of you!!! It was just me and Pat for a while now Pam is back (she will be a bit schetchy for a while as she is really busy) Dana will be back soon. so we are almost all here!!!!

My cabana boy is the personal trainer i have he works me out 2 times a week. and boy can he hurt!! (so good) I will have to be sending him on his way soon asi can not afford him any more.

I will say that i am feeling better and in more contol. I went out and bough some protein bars I was doing so great when i ate them but i had a problem with (ugh) gas. so i had stoped. but now it is me or the gas and i cholse to support me!!! I will just have to scare the people away!! or run!

I have been struguling for a whjile, and today is the first time in a while that i did not have the urge to nibble (so far, but I am getting it now) so i must take some chromium so i can get my control again!

Terri how is the house??? I take it that you all made it out OK?

Melody I know the busy seasson. I was just telling Dana that i figured that you had gotten so busy that you could not get back on. so glad that you are bback. (and you too terry)

Pat i did not forget you how did you do today???

Pam if you are there I am thinking of you!
Closed Thread