Old 09-09-2007, 01:26 AM   #1  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default WW 100 Club Support Group--9/9-9/15

I have been lurking around and no one has posted in this section in almost a month. This is my attempt to revive it. I don't plan to do anything special except post this thread every week and hope others will join me. You don't need to ask to join, you don't need to introduce self, just jump right in. I plan to post my weekly goals, vent, and talk about progress or lack of progress. Generally I am a person of few words so I may not respond to every post but will do my best to welcome everyone who choses to join me on this journey. Here we go...

WEEKLY GOALS:
Drink 72 oz of water daily
Exercise at least 10 minutes a day (I have not exercised in months)
Stay OP--28 pts

Last week was not as great as I wanted it to be but it is a new week.

LONG TERM GOAL:
Lose a minimum of 100. Once I get there then I will decide if I need to go further.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hey hey hey!!!! Hi likenoother! I'm wishing you bunches of luck getting this board revived! I'm here............I too, will check in and out and see how everyone is doing! I needed to lose 100# when I started. My first goal is 190# - then 175# - then 150# and then hopefully I'll be there!!!!
Another goal that I have been tracking on another board is my September Activity Goals.............WALK, WALK, WALK AND WALK! That's about all I'm interested in. I really don't like doing arobics or heavy physical exercise. I think I'm tooooo old! lol! Actually I tell myself if I lost about 50# - I think I would start to be interested because I would feel better!

Well girls.....here's some to get you started this week!

I'm hoping to see a 2 - 3# loss this week. Tomorrow is WI - I'll let you know!

Good Luck losers!!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #3  
My Evolution

Jeanne! Thanks for stopping by. WELCOME! I don't know how to do that fancy stuff. Exercise is my huge hurdle. I will begin walking at work with the girls when I return on the 17th. That's what they are saying now. Sometimes we say we are too busy. I think I will start with that, Pilates, and TBL Vol 2 DVD. So far I am doing well with points today and on my second bottle of water already.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Hey Ladies,

I'm in the club too. Total goal from my start last October is 142- it's going to take a looooooong time. My current shortest term goal is to get back below 260, where I was in May. Then I'm gunning for below 250. I don't want to see numbers above 5 EXCEPT in the ones position.

Slow the past 2 weeks and I keep creeping or leaping over the points boundary (hence the slowness). Here's to Monday.

Goals this week:

balance ball routine (15 minutes minimum) 2x
low end of points 5 out of 7 days
go to bed by 11 weeknights
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:28 PM   #5  
My Evolution

Welcome Ruthannie! I'm with you. I need to lose about 120 pounds. I'm so freaking short too! When you have to lose that amount of weight it can be discouraging so its great to have a place to receive and give support. My heighest weight was 278. I had gotten down all the way to 150 and put 90 back on. It just got to be so hard. So I really look forward to sharing the ups and downs with you and anyone else that would like to join us on this journey.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Thumbs up

I thought my weight (when I started) was 278, then I bought a good scale. So even though I had lost about 10 pounds, I suddenly weighed almost 10 more and had to go back through those numbers again. That was last October/November. I was slow, but steady through the spring- then over the summer, my motivation flagged. Now I've rededicated and remotivated. This forum is helping.

I had a nice comment this morning from my water aerobics teacher- she said I "really work hard!". I'm glad she noticed because I was trying to kick it up a notch or two and keep the pace high. It's so much harder in the deep water, it's taking me a while to figure out how to do some exercises without submerging myself. I don't wear the belt. I meant to ask if that was better for core muscles (I'm thinking it is).

Anyway, it is a long road for us shortys and it takes so little to put it back on (like in a whiff of a doughnut it seems). Here's to a good week.
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #7  
jeanne

Hi girls! Glad to see you checking in this morning! WI for me was today. I am down 1.4# for a total of 15.9# since August 6, 2007 (just a little over a month)!! I'm very excited about that and hope to see the same results next month! I probably should re-do my halloween goal - cause - I'm thinking - I may not make that one!

Today I went to the doctors. She did notice my loss! I was quite excited about that! She had to do a bi-opsy on my uterus today and I thought that I was going to die! It was a very very very painful procedure! They had to dialate me to open the cervix - I almost kicked her in the teeth!!!!! I know, she is just doing her job! But.............

Well anyways, that was probably more than you needed to know - but it did make me NOT GO treadmill shopping - all I wanted to do was come home!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #8  
My Evolution

Ruthannie & Jeanne
I have had that issue with my scale before and it was devastating. For awhile I just stopped weighing myself. I only recently started again. I teach Water Aerobics to people with MS and other physical disabilities so I can definitely attest to the quality of a water workout. And yes it is better for your core in the deep water if you are not using a belt. Matter of fact you must have a great core to keep yourself from submerging in deep water. I teach in shallow water.

Biopsies...whew. I have had a few on my legs and the pain was ridiculous so I can't even imagine the pain you were in. I got hopped up on percocet later and that helped.

Doing well today. I had two bottles of water and need one more. I drink my water out of a 24 oz bottle so it makes it easy to just drink 3 a day.

I am planning to try and tackle exercise today. I will let you know how that goes.

Last edited by Shay; 09-10-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #9  
jeanne

Hi likenoother - they told me it would hurt.............but my oh my.........that was an understatement! I did get to take a pain pill too!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #10  

Hi - Just want to join the group. I also have over 100 lbs to lose and I just got back on program last week. I've lost 3 lbs so far but I know how slow it goes for me. I've been bouncing around this website, but havent really connected with anyone. I thought it would be good to talk to other WW members. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
KPFBMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/135

Hi..I also want to join your group. I have 100 pounds to lose. I recently got scared because I really have jumped up in weight, especially lately, & am just about out of my current size 20. I also cannot do the types of exercise I once could do.
I did ww a few years ago & I lost down to 160, then I hit a long plateau & quit...how silly, I'd take 160 back any day! Money is a little tight, but soon I hope to go back to meetings...maybe even join the ww website for recipes...not sure yet....I'm so glad this forum is free.
I hope this time I will do this for life, but in the meantime it is so nice to have a place to start one small step at a time!
God Bless to all!
keepnsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #12  
jeanne

Welcome KPFBmom and keepnsane!!!!!!
KPFBMom - Congrats on the 3# loss already!!!! That is great! Everyone here does their own WW thing! Throw out some ideas, learn some new tricks and talk about whats going on with yourselves! We all LOVE to chat! lol! I hope you enjoy yourself here. It's a nice place to come when nobody else understands!
keepnsane - Welcome! congrats for taking that step again! Isn't it amazing how we have almost all been there! Lost the weight, gone idle and gained it back! 160# - been there done that and your right...........I'd love to see 160#! Good Luck and let us know how you do on WI day?

When is Weigh In day going to be for you guys?
likenoother & ruthannie - have some dust for the day!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #13  
My Evolution

Welcome KPBFMom & Keepnsane
This website is great. Its here for you late at night or whenever you are struggling and everyone is so nice. So happy to see more people joining us on this thread. There is something for everyone here.

What I Do:
I pre plan my menu a week ahead of time
I do 3 meals and 3 snacks a day
I use my 35 flex points --sometimes all sometimes only a few. That allows me to eat what I want that day without feeling guilty and one fast food day a week
I don't go to meetings. This website is my support group
I still have my books from when I was member and when I need a tracker I get it off of e-bay

I didn't get my exercise in yesterday but I plan to exercise in the next 15 minutes or so.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #14  
My Evolution

Well I finally got off my fat behind and exercised. I did 30 minutes of upper body exercises on the stability ball with weights. I did abs too. Generally once I get started I'm good to go. I just have to pace myself and not get ridiculous like exercising everyday and sometimes 2 times in a day. That's what burns me out.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #15  
jeanne

likenoother - way to go!!!!!!! I got two 1/2 mile walks in at work today! HOWEVER.........DH & I ate at Red Lobster! But, I had steamed veggies, no butter and a grilled chicken breast! Usually I like to get the stuffed flounder! lol! Also, I get the fish of the day.......usually grilled cod with the steamed veggies!

Well - have a great night losers!!!