Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Private Gym's!!

Im a member of Bally's but I was surfing the internet and I found a private gym, that looks very nice, it has over 75 classes a week and a full length pool. AND A SALON!!! I called the gym to find exactly where they were located, and I tryed to put it in a different way to ask her if overweight people also went there. Her response was that there is defintely motivation. So that basically means there is alot of fit people. Im going to try and not let that bother me but I was wonering if anyone else belonged to a private gym and what is was like??? And about how much is it??

Last edited by staciec878; 09-10-2007 at 11:23 PM.
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 AM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

The only private gym I went to had a lot of male body builders and that made me uncomfortable because there was a lot of grunting, and I felt uncomfortable usuing the weights by them. HOWEVER, I think classes are an awesome way to get in shape, I would say go for it, try out a class, and even ask for a week free membership. GOOD LUCK!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/172/142

Height: 5' 5"

I belonged to a private gym for a few months and I was surprised at how much I liked it. Yes, there were lots of hard-body types - I was the mushiest person there, by far. But I think most of the guys thought it was kind of cute that I was doing weights with them, and the few times I mustered up the courage to ask for help with one of the weight machines (as in - how does this one work?) anyone I asked was very helpful, as long as I was considerate of their workout. So give it a try and remember most people respect the effort you are putting out.
tj north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 AM   #4  

What's the difference between a private gym and any other gym you pay for access to (Gold's, 24 Hour Fitness, etc) ?
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote