Old 09-10-2007, 07:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Cost?????

I just wanted to get a general idea on how much it is to join L.A weight loss?? Without buying those bars?? I called for an appointment, just to check it out. Im just wondering what Im looking at and how to tell them I dont want there bars.

Last edited by staciec878; 09-10-2007 at 07:42 PM.
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #2  
Kris

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/180

Height: 5'8"

Let me first say that this program works if you put your effort into it. I have been on it for about 8 months and I have lost about 12 pounds - but I have not followed it like I should. As far as what it will cost - I don't have any concrete numbers. It can be hard to tell until you go in and talk with them. I have not seen any commericals in my local area for awhile. I think that has something to do with the current situation. There is a "break" occuring between the corporate centers and the franchised centers. There have been a lot of changes in the programs and there are now more than one being followed depending upon where you are located. I would suggest that you ask your local center if they are a LA Weight Loss Center (franchise) or a Pure Weight Loss Center (corporate). In the past, the costs would change randomly depending upon what type of specials they were running at the time. I have seen it run anywhere from $3 a week (usually around the beginning of the year) to $7. Sometimes they run other specials for a certain number of weeks for a fixed price. I don't know what the current rate is but I would plan on $7 a week for budgeting purposes. It seems they keep their weekly fee just under Weight Watchers. Here is what they did with me - take the amount of weight you want to lose and divide by 2 (for 2 pounds a week). Add to that 58 more weeks for maintenance and stabilization. You will pay for all those weeks up front. In addition, I would anticipate they will add some type of set up fee. I think that is a way that they get some money to cover their costs for program materials, etc. I would add about $100 for that plus your local sales tax. The program is not cheap and it feels much more painful than Weight Watchers because you pay for everything up front. However, you usually pay more for Weight Watchers if you keep going for the same amount of weeks.

As far as the lites go - the last contract I saw (mine) says they are required. It is better to never buy them if you are not interested. If you want to try them first - buy them from ebay. Beware that the counselors will push hard - it's their job. Make sure you hold your ground. I have heard that some people have told them they are allergic to soy. That may back them off some, however, they may push and want something from your doctor. Don't let them talk you into anything you do not want to do. I have been fighting with a LA Weight Loss licensee over these very issues. Make sure you are prepared to walk away if they force you into a situation you do not feel comfortable in. That keeps the power in your hands not theirs. Read the contract very carefully and cross out what you do not agree to - initial it - and have their representative initial it.

Best of luck with your weight loss efforts! This board is great source of support and ideas.
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Thank you
The one by my house is pure weight loss. I try differnt ways to lose weight just about everyweek. I was just curious about LA weight loss. Calorie counting is awesome, its just bother-some. What I really need to do is stop talking and go out there and actually do it!!! Get me lazy but up and walk the dogs could be a place to start
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote