Old 09-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default After lots of drama...

Last night, I was talking to an ex. He mentioned how I was immature, concieted, and selfish for trying to loose my weight. It hurt so bad.

You see, I've been eating okay with I can cheat whenever I want the last two weeks. This week I got serious about eating well and tracking what I eat. Three days ago, I started to add strength training and cardio. Ever since I've started to I've felt so incrediably great. Maybe I'm proud of myself for doing it or maybe it's cause I have all those exercise hormones going now but it feels marvelous. Sometimes I find myself running in place or fidgeting cause I don't want to be still. I was thinking 3 hours earlier how I was starting to feel like another person. That's why it hurt alot because I LOVE the way I am feeling.

Also, it opened some old wounds from when I was in school. I know I shouted through my tears a litany of things that my obsiety can give me. I worry every day that I will develop diabeties. So, by the end of the conversation, he is apologizing and saying how he didn't know. I doubt that. When I moved out, I explained it to adnaseum. He's the only person in my life that isn't really positive about it.

With all that drama, I was shocked to get on the scale and see I lost 8 pounds. Since I ate out on Monday before I started to track what I ate, I was sooooooo shocked. I was barely hoping for one pound. I am so proud and soon, I will hit my first mini goal. ^________^
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #2  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Daimere, why are you still keeping contact with such a negative person? I mean, he's an ex for a reason, right????
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:39 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

Since I just moved out, I was just doing it jsut to make sure that I'd get any mail or belongings I left. I think after today, I'm going to ask him to leave me alone. The funny thing is he sounded supportive two days ago because he said he was geting in shape too.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBelly1908 View Post
Daimere, why are you still keeping contact with such a negative person? I mean, he's an ex for a reason, right????
Word. Negativity will only bring you down.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Sounds to me like he is the selfish one. I hope you won't let his selfishness hold you back from achieving your goals.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #6  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Talking

Darn right losing weight is being selfish and we have to be conceited in order to get what we want. As heavy women, I know for me, I put so much more into other people than I do myself. So in order for me to lose wieght and be healthy I have to spend a little more money on fruits and veggies and my daughter cant get an extra toy, or I have to go work out and my husband cant go out with the guys. So I say for being selfish and conceited. Obviously it is working.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

Thanks ladies. Yeah, today I wasn't as pumped today as I usually am for my workouts. I don't if it's because it's getting to me, hormone changes, or just the late night I had last night. I think it's just a combination of the last two.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #8  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

@Daimere, we support you here! The X is just trying to exploit your weakness b/c he fears you will outgrow him. Men are very insecure; moreso than we think they are. When I started gaining weight, I made a comment about it to my then-boyfriend. He laughingly said, "I hope you gain some more. That way you won't leave me for another guy." I now know that there was some truth in that "joke".

You and everyone else here DESERVE to be selfish -- especially the mothers/wives here. Don't let anyone steal your joy!
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Um. . . exactly what the heck could he possibly mean by saying that? I agree with others that he was probably just trying to push your buttons. There is nothing immature, selfish or conceited about losing weight AT ALL. Since he is your ex I agree that if he can't be supportive then he shouldn't be part of your life anymore.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #10  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Men are strange, aren't they? When my ex was here this afternoon dropping off the kids he saw my brand-new high-tech Health-o-Meter in the bathroom and asked what I was doing. I told him I was changing my bad habits and trying to get healthy and he was TOTALLY rude about it and assumed that I was doing it to get another man. He even asked me if I was trying to become a stripper. Where did THAT come from?
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #11  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

OKay, yeah...he's lost it. You have a RIGHT to be "selfish" about getting your health improved. Do your thing, girlie.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:22 PM   #12  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

He knows that when you get to be a hot mamma he ain't gonna have a chance with you. To bad, for him, that you already know your a hot mamma and have moved on!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:01 AM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

I had a dream last night where I was trying to exercise and he came, interupted me. He was trying to woo me but all I could think was....I need to exercise and he wouldn't let me. He was also apart of the intergalatic bad guys in this dream. lol

Quote:
He knows that when you get to be a hot mamma he ain't gonna have a chance with you.
The funny thing is I remember months ago whenever I would just talk about trying to loose my weight, he'd be like, "Yeah, you'll be so hot and you'll be all mine." It would make sense that he is jealous.