Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and Chitchat #266

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

What a week so far, ugh! Will be glad when it's over!

MARTI...hope the evaluation goes well. I have faith that you will make your 3 pound goal this month, very doable. I too set my alarm to get up early to walk first thing, at 5:20 to be exact, ugh! I hate getting up that early but once I am up and going I am fine. Funny thing...even on the days I don't set the alarm, I wake up at that time, lol.

PINKJANE...woohoo! Almost time for you vacation! And...hope you had a nice time shopping. Thank you! I am feeling better, or was until yesterday when I ripped my thumbnail half off, OUCH! Still sore today, and throbbing. Hopefully, DS learned his lesson. I can remember the first time I got drunk...think it was basically a night like his, lol. But I was drinking screwdrivers, ick! Sooooo long ago.

SUE...thinking of you and your mom today. And thank you...it was nice to finally see those scales go down! I am impressed lady. 125 miles in August and with days off, that is an impressive total... And hey, any WI where there is no gain, is always a good WI!

JANE...thank you as well. Sorry to hear about your laptop...hope it's not anything too bad. A tript o Chicago with your friend will be nice for sure. Hey, is it next week or the week after when you and Neal go away?

TAMMY...good luck with the test. It is nice to know the training nurses get...always up to date. Makes me feel better going to the doc/hospital for sure.

MINDEE...keeping good thoughts for the walls to come down. That would be perfect for you guys...lots of room. Gald your weekend was a blast. And...you'll make your goal in no time at all! Not too far from it missy.

HIYA SASSY, JULES, SUSAN, MICHELLE, JODI, TINA, ahhhhhh, who am I missing? I know I always miss some so sorry about that ladies.

Did my wally world thing today. Got a late start to the day...instead of doing my walk this morning, since it was supposed to rain, and didn't. I thought I would take the opportunity to sleep in, lol. Man, I didn't want to get up either, lol. So going to do a 3 mile walk this evening about 9'ish or so. I don't think anything is on the boob tube so...will make me sleep better. Doing so so with the eating-I hate that. I think because I lose a little I can mess up and eat anything.

Oh, question: Has anyone read the book Skinny *****? I've been reading it and let me tell ya...it is making me not want to eat or drink a lot of things! Mainly my diet coke! I have always known that it is not good for ya, but I am addicted to it. I just didn't know though to the extent of how bad it really is, or was just ignoring the facts because I wanted it. I have a 2 ltr in the kitchen, well, part of one and when that is gone I will not have anymore in the house. I am not sure what I will drink...water, for sure and tea but I am afraid of all the sweeteners. I will definitely be reading labels more and throwing some stuff out. Something I should have done a long time ago. I'm not saying I will never have another diet coke, because I know I will...I just won't keep any in the house.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-08-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #3  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Wow Cristina!!! I love everything about your house. The colors are beautiful!! You were so smart to jump right in with lots of color. I lived with all white walls for 4 yrs too scared to try a little color. Josh's room looks great and I love the colors of your bedroom. I'm crazy about the colors in your dining room and living room and I had to take a peek at all the pics, not just the slide show. That plant ledge in the living room is to die for. Girl....you have been busy!!! The yard is fabulous. Geez, how big is that yard??? I can say enough about how beautiful it all is. Did I say that I love all the color!!! (how many times did I use the word color?) I wasn't going to post anything tonight, just lurk a little cause I'm so tired from work today but you really wowwwwed me. You must be so proud. It's all very lovely. Now, how much does a plane ticket to MD cost. I've got 107,000 Capitol One miles to use. I'll fly you here in a heartbeat so you can help me decorate!! Ok, now I've got myself too excited to sleep. I'll be dreaming of painting my walls tonight.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hola Chicas!

Hi Ladies!

Cristina -- Yeah I have read that book. It was interesting, that is for sure! Your house is gorgeous and I'm completely and totally jealous! lol. But when we get our house, I know who to come to for decorating ideas! Wow! You guys did a wonderful job!

I'm just enjoying being off from work! Yippee! lol. I need to clean this place from top to bottom this weekend. Cleaning burns calories, right? lol.

We got some rain today! Not a lot but some!

Have a Great Weekend!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies! How are you all doing? Nothing new on this end! They came out and fixed the bath tub! (And I noticed the other day that they were hauling carpet to the dumpster. I wasn't sure if it was from next door or up above us....turns out it is from next door! So, hopefully they are going to knock down the walls, and not put another tenant in there)

Marti~ I hope your evaluation goes well!

Cristina~ I actually went and peeked into the windows of the bedroom of the unit next door since they had the blinds in the living room closed. (That is how I noticed that they pulled the carpet out of there) The big bedroom looks like it is smaller then ours.....but hey, if they do knock the walls down, we would find some way to manage! I haven't read that book, but I think I am going to see about picking up a copy now! Love the pictures!!

Tammy~ How are you doing?

Sassy~ How are you doing? It is great to be on a vacation, isn't it? I loved our little mini-vacations when we went to Ohio!

Hello to all those that I missed! I hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #6  
ugggg.....

Cristina--love the house!! The colors are beautiful!! Tony was in Kuwait on Sunday getting ready to come home--haven't heard anything yet but he is to be here soon. He doesn't have to go back to Iraq. He actually is re-enlisting and going to be be trained to be an Army Ranger. The brother of a coworker/friend (I used to babysit both) Is leaving for Iraq. He is 32 and has been in the military forever. He works on Apaches. He has been to Kosovo and Korea and now will be in Iraq. He has a little boy and his wife is pregnant with their daughter.

Tammy--when Cristina is done helping you I will drive down an pick you both up to come help me!! We can go to the beach first!!

Sassy--hey there lady!!

Mindee--hopefully you will get a good tenant--the 30 something couple that moved into the unit below DD are not very nice. She LOVES the old couple in the other first floor apartment. A new tenant moved in on the 2nd floor with her--her boyfriend is jealous cause it is a cute well built guy -- dd says she doesn't go for too skinny or too buff guys so he has nothing to worry about and the guy has a really cute girlfriend.

Gotta go to the tax office, post office, bank, eye appt, Teri's baby dr appt and a bunch of other stuff!!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jules - thank you for the card, and especially for what you wrote.

PJ - we've stayed at Pop Century, and really like it there. In March, we're staying at All Star Movies, in the Woody building. DGD Makenzie is crazy for Woody, lol.

Mindee - the company had said the 14th, then I got an email with a late September date, so I've lost faith in them, and cancelled the order.

Marti - how'd the evaluation go? Hope you get a nice raise.

Cristina - I'm going to North Carolina next Thursday through Sunday. Neal and I are going to KY Lake at the end of the month. We were supposed to go over our anniversary to Lake Barkley, but that got changed. I've never read Skinny Bee-Otch, lol, but it makes me glad I don't drink pop. We don't have a bookstore here, but if it's at Walmart, I'll check it out. Your home is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!

Hello to everyone else.

Well, it's not bad enough that my laptop is fried, now the internet won't work on our desktop computer when I sign in, but on Neal's site, it does. I use Internet Explorer, and he used Firefox, so that has to be the difference. When I leave here, I'm going to try Firefox at my own sign-in site. Sheesh!

We have some storms coming this way, but at least they're bringing cooler temps. Always something to be thankful for, right?

Have a good one, ladies.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Friday afternoon...It is rainy but very muggy here. We thought we could turn off the air, but it might have to come back on soon. No bike ride due to the rain this morning.
I made meat balls for a family BD for tomorrow and 2 cheese logs. Cleaned up the kitchen and just got finished with a few pieces of cheese with crackers. Calling that lunch.
I need to iron...ugh, so that is where I am off to ASAP.

Cristina- I love your house and decor. The colors are so gorgeous...I, like some others have said, need you here. I am so used to playing it "safe" with my colors: neutrals. Gold was my first choice for the living room walls here, but I was convinced to paint everything the same and didn't want gold throughout the house. (Prices to get each room different were outrageous) We kept saying we could always change the colors later...so will see what DH says if I say I am ready to change them. HA.
Jules- Wow...you are one busy lady. Hope you got everything done. Good to see you!!

Mindee- Yay on getting the bathroom fixed. Now I am holding good thoughts for your apt. addition. Would you have the whole other apt. or just extra bedrooms? I just wondered how that would work. Sounds interesting anyway.

Tammy- Yowie on that test. I know you will do well, but that must be stressful. A good friend's daughter is a pediatric nurse in ICU and is always going to classes for new things, and certifications on monitors, etc.
Sassy- Hello and continue enjoying your time off. Cleaning can always wait.

Pink Jane- Have a good time on your trip and be careful.

OOPS, out of time. Hi to all the rest of you lovely ladies. BBL.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Cristina - just wanted to make sure you know that no mods deleted the B-word in your post. It's one of those words that are automatically deleted by the server. Silly when it's part of a book title, right?

everyone - to check and see if a word will be deleted in your post, click on "Preview Post" and see what happens before you click on "Submit Reply". If it's unaccepable, you will see the astericks at that time. At last the word cocktail is no longer bleeped out, lol. Remember when I tried to use that word in a recipe a few years ago?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

First off, THANK YOU for all the kind comments on the house. We did work our butts off for sure...still not done, lol.

TAMMY & JULES...sounds like a winner to me! I need a trip to the east coast and the beach for sure!

TAMMY...silly woman, you are too kind. But thank you for the kind words. And I would be more than happy to come to MD! I was afraid of color at one time...I think I watch too much of HGTV, lol! Not sure how big the yard is but we do have one of the bigger lots in the neighborhood. These cookie cutter homes have postage size yards. I like your house...I like the homes like that because they have more charm, character. V had what I called new home itis. And DD calls them cookie cutter homes. One day I would love to renovate a victorian home. I can dream can't I?

JULES...yay for Tony coming home! Bet he can't wait...knowing he is in Kuwait, he is almost there! Josh comes home next month and he can't wait and neither can I! Lots of hugs to your friend...will keep him and his wife/family in my prayers. Let us know how Ms Teri is and the baby.

JANE...I didn't realize there were two trips in the works. You guys will have a great time I know. You guys must be getting the storms we had. It did bring cooler temps, but man is it humid, ick.

SASSY...thank you missy! Hope you are enjoying your time off! And yeppers, house cleaning burns LOTS of calories! But don't over do it...it is your time off after all.

SUE...there was a time I was afraid of paint then thought, it's just paint, if I don't like it I can paint over it, lol. And we have! V is always joking that we have lost sq. ft. due to all the paint, lol. Not this house but the last one. I had thought about doing the whole house one color too but I think for me it was harder trying to choose one color that goes with everything than choosing different colors...besides, I LOVE color!

MINDEE...keeping my fingers crossed that they join your unit with the one next door. And so glad to hear they fixed the tub.

Hi to everyone else

Nothing much going on in my neck of the woods. I slept in this morning and felt like crap when I got up. I don't do mornings and I've said this all before. But sometimes I just want to sleep later than 5:30 darn it. I know thought if I do I feel worse than when I get up early...so why do it? Anyway...I ran to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get some candles. They are the only place that have my wedding day scent and now they won't anymore. They had them on clearance and I bought them all, lol. So what to do when these are gone? Who knows...find another scent. Came home and went for my 3 mile walk...thought it was cool enough. Started out I was fine but a little into it, ick. It may be 77, cloudy with a breeze, it is humid. I kept on going though and actually did my walk in 9 minutes less than I normally do it...not bad. Also did my 2 mile WATP and now just getting laundry done. And now time for Jeopardy.

Take care ladies, and have a great day and weekend!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #11  
One day at a time

JANE...thanks for that. I didn't know that they had that little nifty gadget to do that. Does make it easier on the mods though. Funny thing is I almost didn't use the word but with it being the title of the book, I thought it would be fine. I'll have to check that out though...thanks again!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hola Chicas!

Hey all.

Well no house cleaning, at least today. My back is KILLING me........I think its the weather. Its supposed to storm. So just taking it easy tonight........

Mindee -- I'm not on vacation -- yet anyways. 3 more weeks yet and then we're off to Tennessee -- Smoky Mts. No this is just my normal 4 nights off. I only work 3, 3 very long nights, but being off 4 makes up for it I suppose. lol.

Jules -- Hi Girlie! How are you??

Sue -- Thanks Girlie. I like your idea about the cleaning waiting. and it will have too anyways since my back is killing me. Guess my back is on "strike" at least for tonight. lol.

Cristina -- YVW. You guys sure did an excellent job on your house! I can only hope that DH & I can do as good when we buy our house! Yeah I won't over do it. My back won't let me! lol.

Hello to everybody else out there!

Did you all happen to see Paula Deen on Oprah? OMG it was so funny! I'm sure it will be on again. I happened to catch it on at 1:30 a.m. so I TiVoed it so DH could see it when he got home, cuz he likes Paula Deen too. She is just a riot! lol.

Also Don't forget your Grandparents on Sept. 9th -- Grandparents Day!

Well I hope you all have a Great Weekend!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 09-07-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:25 AM   #13  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....nothing new on this end! we just went to dinner, then to wal-mart, and then came back home! I was in desperate need of new bras.....and kind of guessed on the size! Thankfully I hadn't gone with the 38D's that I had originally had in my hand, because they would have been too small! We are going to take the kids to a local park where Tommy's Masonic brothers will be doing what they call MIChip's which are child identification kits. From what I gather they do finger prints, I think a vocal thing, and who knows what else! We have been wanting to do this since they introduced it a while ago, and this is the first time that it has come close to us!

We actually did talk about Logan's birthday party and when we are going to do it. We had to talk to a couple of people first, but right now we are doing his birthday party on Saturday, October 13th, probably at 3pm. The weekend before, the 6th, we have a chili-cook off and fall ball from the campground. The weekend after, the 20th, Tommy has a bachelor party. And then the weekend of Logan's birthday, well, we have a wedding on the 26th, my aunt's pig roast on the 27th, and then his actual birthday on the 28th. We were going to do it on his birthday, but Tommy figures that he would be hung over from the wedding and the pig roast. The only other option was going to be the following weekend, which would make it the first weekend in November, but who knows!

Jules~ We are not really sure exactly what they are going to be doing with the unit next door. The office manager told us that the unit above us would be the last apartment that she puts anybody in, BUT she hasn't really put any body in any new apartments in a while! How is Terri doing?

Jane~ We use Firefox on our lap top. I have found that some sites don't like you using Internet Explorer, but love Firefox, and vice versa.

Sue~ We had rain here off and on as well. We went to Wal-Mart and did some walking around! I am going to be getting a pedometer soon though! I found one at Wal-Mart for $8! The way it would work with the apartment next door, is we would get the whole apartment, since it is a mirror image of our apartment. So, we would end up with four bedrooms, two bathrooms, two kitchens, two dining rooms (which would be turned into one big one since they are right next to each other) and then two living rooms (which again would be one big one since they are right next to each other). The office manager said that they could close off the other kitchen and put a door on it to make it a utility room. So, keep your fingers crossed that that is what they do!

Cristina~ Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed! It took them about five or six hours to fix it....but once the second guy came to help the first guy it kind of went a little faster! They even fixed the side wall by the bath tub because there was some mold on that. I ended up having to vaccuum the whole apartment, except for our room, because there was stuff tracked all over the place! We have a favorite scent as well....it is called Ocean Mist from Party Lite! We love that scent! When I used to sell the stuff, any time I got free candles they were mostly Ocean Mist. I used to through some Vanilla in there because Tommy's liked those.

Sassy~ We were going to go to Tennessee and the Smokey Mountains for our honeymoon. But ended up doing several small mini-honeymoons, with my sister and her family. My BIL has a Ford Lightning that he races, and so we ended up going to New Jersey for one of our mini-honeymoons. Then we went to Kentucky for another one.

hello to every one else.....I hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 09-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #14  
ugggg.....

Mindee--if you find a good bra that lasts--let me know--I find that when I first get a new bra the "girls" are back up where they are suppossed to be but pretty quickly they are melting into my waist again!!

Sassy--my knees have been acting up--probably smething to do with the weight I have gained back!! Hubby's back and foot have been bothering him too. The wet humidity is as bad ad straight out rain on our aches and pains.

Cristina--The girl I know that does candles has the wedding day scent--I will see if she is still selling and send you some if she does.

Sue--I got almost everything done except the grocery store--our friend picked DH up and I met up with them at their house and stayed and played with the baby and enjoyed their company. Little Henry is now a three and a half months and is 20 pounds--his 6-9 month clothes are close to being out grown. He is really long too--I keep teasing his mom about her little bruiser.

Jane--yw for the card--thanks again for the grandma's brag book!! Teri's computer friend put firefox on her pc after she cleaned it up for her--the friend uses it on all her pc's/laptops.

Hi to eveyone else!! Teri is 25 weeks along and has gained 7 pounds, the baby is doing good and has a strong heartbeat. He is very active and her belly measurment was right where it should be.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Happy Saturday, Ladies...

JULES...good to know Teri and the baby are well. Bet you guys can't wait for the little guy to make his appearance.

MINDEE...I like the concept of a bunch of mini-honeymoons! We had one mini one...just went to Branson. I didn't want to go too far from home so...we ended up there. It was a nice get-away though and we enjoyed it...lots to do there. Wow, sounds like you guys have quite the busy month next month.

SASSY...forgot to say...I like the idea of a "free" vacation! I hope you guys can get a cabin...that would be soooo nice for sure. And....I am sure you and your hubby will make a very nice house!

JANE...ha, I tested it, lol. Couldn't think of any word except the b word and you were right! Lol

Hi to everyone else! Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world.

PINKJANE...hope you guys are having a blast!

Getting ready to jump in the shower once I get off here. Thought I would get on early since I will be busy later. Going to go to V's job...they are having an Open House and I have been curious to see what exactly it is he does. Not sure I want to...I may never fly again after this, lol.

Got my 3 miles in this morning thank goodness. It was supposed to rain and I am glad it didn't. It was nice and cool, felt good. But this wind does nothing for my allergies that are acting up. Also, did my 2 mile WATP and feeling pretty good. May even get some organizing done today!

Have a good weekend ladies!
Closed Thread