Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #1  

Talking Home of the Loozing Floozies #27

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #2  

Unhappy We have some MIA Floozies

And they are......

Janice
Sherry
Carol
Ramona
Vicki
Debbie
Titan Dee
Janelle
Wanda
LindaT

I realize there are some names from the way past listed here, and I also realize that I may have omitted someone-----though NOT INTENTIONALLY!!!

If any of you other Floozies have contact with those listed here, let them know we miss them!!

If I've left someone out that you remember, Add their name in a new thread!!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #3  

Cheryl thanks for starting a new thread and calling back all of our old friends.

Gayle that was a great article. Thanks for sharing.

I only came for a quick peak before swimming so I better get going.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm glad to know I pop in enough that I'm not listed as MIA!!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #5  

Allison,

I don't think you'd ever actully qualify as "missing." I'm pretty sure I could round you up if you stayed away too long

Now, if you ever went missing from the 3fc site all together, I'd WORRY!!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #6  
Losing it!

Thanks for posting the MIA's Cheryl! I miss Doni! I wonder how she is doing.

How is everyone? Staying on plan? I have a new goal, I have 8 weeks until Halloween, I want to be within 5 pounds of my goal, which means I need to lose roughly 2 pounds per week.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #7  

Gayle sounds doable but remember that the scale is only a number. Losing fat is what counts and we can't predict how fast the scale will go down. You are doing an awesome job!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #8  
Losing it!

I know Dee.... I can't help myself, I weigh daily and will often go 5-6 days without a change. I have found I will stay the same all week, then drop a pound or two the day prior to or the day of weigh-in. I think I am losing fat, so far I'm staying fairly firm. ALTHOUGH... I have lost about 4" in my bust. YIPPEEE!!!! Steve jokes that when I'm laying flat I look like a boy. Gotta love him!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gayle~you can do it!!!

I know that a lot of people look at my height and weight and think that I should probably set my goal closer to 140, but since I've been lower and I know what I look like lower, that's why my goal is lower. It all has to do with a little excess fat that is distributed on my torso. I have the fat blobs that hang around my bra and some excess fat on my tummy. All that goes away once I get to about 138 or 136. It all comes back if I get over 140.

As for losing patterns, I can go 3-4 weeks with nary a loss and suddenly I can lose anywhere from 1 to 4 pounds in a couple of days. It really sucks because you try so hard and you get nothing as a reward for so long and all that makes it harder to stick to plan.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #10  

I'm so glad I'm not on the MIA list either! I have been busy, what with the parents at my house and school still in it's early stages of starting. My weight has been up a bit, but I know it's from my lopsided eating (popcorn for lunch and everything else for dinner and through the night.)

I miss Doni, Sherry, Jenelle, Debbie, RAMONA!!
Old 09-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #11  

Shelley were you saying that the mold problem is being worked on now and that your parents are living with you? I can't remember exactly what you said. Any luck with a job for Mike?

Gayle do you only weigh yourself when you are watching what you eat? I am terrible if I had a few tough days or weeks I don't want to jump on the scale and face it.
I have been able to maintain my weight by being accountable and getting weighed in at ww's at least once a month.

Allison you must have a small frame, compared to my sisters I have a large frame loaded with muscle and they are small in statue but one is very heavy and Gail is about 20 pounds over weight.

Any great plans for the weekend? It is really cool out today. When we had lunch outside I was freezing so I jumped in the hot tub to warm up.
Larry will be busy with finishing off the fence, I will stick close to home. Maybe on sunday if the kids aren't busy we will have them over for a clam bake.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:45 AM   #12  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

After a pretty horrible week with my dad I am getting on a bus this morning and going to a quilt show with a group of friends. I really need a day (week? month?) away! Tomorrow I'll be back at my parent's house.

Gayle, I weigh myself every morning too. I know that number isn't completely accurate, but I do better if I "remind" myself every morning. I'm not doing very good on the lose 5 pound challenge, but at least I haven't joined the gain 5 pound challenge either!

Dee, enjoy your weekend home with Larry and the kids! How is Dez doing?

Shelley, I think of you often! How are things going?

Allison, sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up!

Where is everyone else? I know Sherry really has her hands full. It looks like Cheryl hasn't posted in a few days and where is Janice?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #13  

Suzy-Did you enjoy the quilt show? You do need time for yourself.

Dee-My parents are with us until Tuesday for the mold issue. Everything in their house has been cleaned, now the samples sent in have to be up to par for them to be able to go back. Plus there is still a section of wall that needs to be closed up. I have so enjoyed having them here. Mike has been sending in resume after resume, with no results. He does have something hopefully on Wed. at a jewelry store. They need someone to repair and he does a great job on jewelry. He made me a gold hammered necklace years ago that he brought to show the guy one day and they said when the guy gets back from vacation, they will interview him. It is very hard right now. All the bills are being paid on credit cards. I hate this!! I am fortunate that I have a good job not only with the school, but as co-director of the daycare, so I am able to pay the mortgage and a couple of other bills.

No weekend plans here. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Shelley, I can only just imagine the stress you must be going through now having to pay bills with a credit card. I hope Mike finds something soon. How is he doing? I'm sure he is depressed too. I am still sending "get a job soon" prayers your way!!! BTW: Do you have benefits at the school so you don't need to worry about insurance etc?

Suzy!!! I hope you had fun!!!! You DESERVE it!!! Are you getting any quilting done? Probably not with everything going on. Liz's fiance has a mother who quilts, I guess she has several, but has never finished one yet! LOL!

Dee, How is Dez's bum? Were you ever able to find the salve? Let's not do a 5 pound gain challenge, K? LOL!

I'm down another pound! Actually I'm thinking it's closer to 2 pounds, but I have the standard dial type scale and my old eyes can't see the little, tiny lines from that far away!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Shelley, praying for you! Hope Mike gets something soon! Your parents are so lucky you are there to help them now.

Suzy, I am here and keeping all of you in my prayers. Hope you are having a great time at the quilt show!

Gayle, I weigh myself each day as well. There are a few days, I don't but mostly I do. It helps me keep on track.

Dee, a clam bake!! YUMMY!!! We go to a local restaurant every Wed. here for dinner, they have the "Clam Jam". Steamers for $4 a dozen! YUMMY! Have a great weekend.

Allison, you are doing great! As my Doctor told me, you didn't gain 10 pounds over night, you won't lose it over night!

Hi to everyone else!

Things here are crazy, but that is my life. School is back in full swing. I will be writing quizzes this weekend, already! Today, I am catching up the laundry, picking up and doing school work. Tomorrow, Rob and I are hoping to go wander around the local flea market. It is a huge one and held every Sunday in a field about a mile from us. We never go in the summer unless we have company who really wants to go, as it is so hot and humid. But now, it is cooler in the morning so think we will do that. If nothing else, it is some exercise walking around!
Closed Thread