Old 09-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up LOW CARB CHAT! CHAT! 9/4 thru 9/9

Hiya Low Carb Chatters!

Up early just in time to switch my bod over to Night Shift again! *grooooaaaaaan*

I've decided to make batches of this Low Carb Egg Bread I've been fiddling with---makingbatches for the whole week every weekend - has really helped get me thru some rough patches of bread/pancake/muffin longing - has ZERO carbs!

What are some of your "staples" that help the process of withdrawing from the processed Flour/Sugar World we're living in?

I'm ready to OWN September! How 'bout you all?
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Morning aud! LC Egg Bread? Where did you find the recipe for that? I'm still on induction, so I have a few more days before I can give it a go. I would like to try it though. Me....eating deviled eggs for b-fast, drinking water. I REALLY want coffee, so maybe I will put some decaf on later. The maintence guy is in the kitchen now fixing the sink - water everywhere!! So I may go without the coffee.
soon2Bfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

That bread sounds interesting- 0 carbs? is the recipe on here already?
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:08 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

oooops - it's called "Egg Bread" - looking forward to trying the "pizza."

http://70.84.16.198/low-carb-diet-su...ad.php?t=17486

Off to Dr. - lipid panels and then Night Shift He!! . . . ttyal@
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #5  

Hi all. Things have been going pretty steady for me. I'm excited to be about 178 right now and that is the lowest I have been in over 3 years!!! I also find that if I cook those "muffin" type things they really save me. I'm still hooked on the tuna muffins and cream cheese muffins. I'm still terrible about diet pop but guess it's still working so it's not a staller for me.
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #6  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Gotta check out egg bread. Let's see, staples: almond flour, flax meal, liquid splenda, eggs, cream cheese, butter, sour cream. Packages of various muffin mixes by Dixie Carb Counters. I get the flax meal and dairy products from my local grocery (yeah Cobb Mountain has one, tiny but surprisingly complete), liquid splenda from EBay (search for Sweet Water), and the rest from netrition.

I completely blew yesterday. Well, not completely I guess, I only ate low carb stuff, but I made jello cheesecake (from Linda's recipes). I screwed up, used a large pkg of orange jello instead of a small one. So it was sour! Citrus sour, not some other kind of sour. Can't make this again. I ate it all in the course of the day. Well, maybe I can. I think I've got the "oh boy, dessert!" phenonmenon about wore out. Yesterday was 30g carbs ... and about 3000 calories! Oops, today is a new day, though. Still learning about this do-it-for-life stuff. I don't do this with homemade muffins, so maybe the trick is to immediately divide into servings and freeze all but one. Note: I tried Easy Pound Cake recipe. Waaaaay too greasy. I made cupcakes out of it, and when I took them out of the pan there was a puddle of butter in the bottom of each cup, and the whole surface of the cupcake itself could have been used to grease the pan for the next batch. I won't do that one again. Note to self: baked cupcakes should not drip.

I really hate this not-exeercising routine, but I am determined that my back will be completely healed before I go back. My tentative goal is Monday. Sunday it was quite sore after 4 hours at the park, and it didn't draw any attention to itself yesterday until about 8:00 when I stood up after sitting in a folding chair for an hour. Those things are awful, but what can you do? Not my chairs, not my checkbook! I have, however, reached the point where I can get out of it, rather than having to take it off! This morning, no back owies so far. I am going to be very careful all week. Aud, what do you think? Am I being realistic, here, do you think?
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
I've decided to make batches of this Low Carb Egg Bread I've been fiddling with---makingbatches for the whole week every weekend - has really helped get me thru some rough patches of bread/pancake/muffin longing - has ZERO carbs!
I'm confused how this can be 0 carbs Egg whites & egg yolks contain 0.3 gr carbs each, Cream of Tartar has 6 carbs per 1 Tbsp, and 4 Tbsp Sour Cream has 2.4 carbs.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

Of course you're being realistic bouncie . . . intuitive body watch at its finest!! Yet another tip drilled into me during years of bad back p.t. - always push yourself up with your arms from any seated position. Didja? Gosh, I hate folding chairs too . . . lol @ the many times I've "wore them" too!

Tried on my largest-ever-jeans/couldn't pull over hips most of the summer - now loose! . . . Can't wait for these baggy maternity jean pedal pushers that I've been ghetto-fab sporting this fashion-season fall all the way off - straight into the trash can!

Hiya JerseyG! Yeah, on the Zero Carb thang . . . I remember there's a raging debate with folks plugging the ingredients into a recipe calculator either at lowcarbeating.com . . . or maybe even Linda's? I think the bottom line was 3.ZERO per 24 egg-breadie things. Nice Catch - Good Save!

Dr. visit went well - can't wait to get my blood work back. I'll check back in during the Wee Hours of the morning - never did get to lay back down so this should be an interesting evening of answering calls - yawning in peoples faces???
Old 09-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Posted in the wrong thread.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday yesterday.I spent mine time watching fed ex cup golf tournament. We had BBQ hamburgers Hot dogs and corn on the cob.

Going to start the diet next week,but this week I will be watching what I'm eating.Going to ease on the carbs that I was using as comfort foods during my food poisoning ordeal.

AUD-I'm ready for the Sept Challenge,but not until next week.WTG 26 lbs that awesome.. I did post in the Challenge thread.
1)drink more water
2)exercise more
3)lose 4 lbs

Thanks for the egg bread recipe,now I have an alternative from the revolution roll

Puncezilla-Big congrats on the 3 lbs loss you'll lose the other in no time.

LILY-Wishing you all the best.

Bouncing-I don't think gelatin is going to effect weight.I was playing around 30 carb per day,and now I'm not sure which direction I should go up or down.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-04-2007 at 04:13 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

Default toooo much sugar?

hery all deviated from plan this wkend - ill get back into it im not worried. but i have noticed that i have been having some issues regardning my intestines and the surrounding area if you get my drift - hopefully so - anyhoo for the past couple of days i have had a trememendous amount of BM's verry loose - sorry TMI - and been bloated - could this be my bodies reaction to the number of carbs i have been eating the past 3 days - not complex ones either - refined sugars.

i assume so and i am hoping if i get back on plan strictly asap will it subside. ive never had this type of reaction to sweets before LC.

back on plan until November! strictly LC
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #11  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, girls! I'm back at school finally and I stocked up on Induction-friendly foods today. I'm making up a menu for myself tonight and pre-cooking some Cauli. Mash, thawing out some spinach (to go with my eggs tomorrow morning) and generally becoming prepared. I also bought some Slim Jims...they're not ideal, but when I'm in class from 11:00AM--3:30PM solid on Tuesdays/Thursdays, I need some sort of Atkins-friendly snack. One slim jim's less carbs than most jerkey (and I like it better...), so that a twice a week "snack" I've got planned.

I've also picked out what classes I'm going to take at the gym and scheduled in when I'm going to the gym to lift weights/etc. Tomorrow's my brand-new start. New Semester, Induction and exercise--I can do this!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:42 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just wanted to let you know that Leo as a early morning appointment with the radiation doctor so, we'll be gone for the rest of the morning. While we're out that way we are going to BJ's to stock up on our paper products and other bulk items that we usually buy.See you guys this afternoon.

Hugs Maryann
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #13  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Ladies,
I missed being here, so I hope you all don't mind if I hang out and chat with you all.
After a month and a half of stalling, I finally lost 2 lbs, so now I'm down to 35 lbs. I realize that I just have to eat what I'm supposed to and stay away from the things that DO cause me to stall. I haven't eaten an Atkins bar since my stall, and I'm weaning myself off the lc sf ice cream, not having that like I used too.
So now, I'm eating more veggies and salads for lunch and dinner, even sometimes for breakfast. I'm still drinking lots of water and having a diet rite once a day.
I also think the reason why I wasn't losing weight during those months is I may be eating too much, so I lessoned the amount I ate and that didn't seem to work. So I upped the amount and that's when I lost the 2 lbs. Mostly upped the salads and veggies and it seems to be working for me. I'm using olive oil and vinegar, instead of store bought salad dressing.
So I have done alot of changes, the right changes I believe and so far it seems to be helping me.

So I hope you are all doing good too, can't wait to talk with you!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

Way to TWEAK-IT, fitintime! Wondered where you'd been! Keeping it simple is what's working for me this time around too - and just like you said - eating more works out best on the whole weight loss thing in general. Whodathunkit? I'm also a work in progress on the whole mindset aspect - basically just enjoying the energetic feeling I have with this lc wol - and not on the things I "can't" have that make me feel downright crappy when I eat them, ya know?

Had a great lc breakfast right b4 work yesterday - realized near the end of the shift that I'd been so busy that I HADN'T ATE another thing!!! Unheard of not to be hungry. Guess it's a mix between the amoxicillin and hopefully true hunger adjustment? Had a couple of little egg bread creamcheese treats in the car on the way home - drank two glasses of water and crashed! Gotta make sure to get some veggies/roughage today - but liking this waiting to FEEL hunger b4 eating experience. Very new to me. (see ticker!)

Hiya azure!! Missed ya! Gonna be a busy one I see - esp. T/TH! Way to Plan and have time for YOU - even with the schedule!

I'm hopelessly behind on a Proposal I need to crunch the numbers for - but STILL headed for the Y - think I'll do a better job of it feeling fit and relaxed, don't you?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
Good Morning Ladies

Just wanted to let you know that Leo as a early morning appointment with the radiation doctor so, we'll be gone for the rest of the morning . . .
Hope you had a safe trip and a great check up for Leo, beachie!

Tx for the reminder about the Sept. Goals Sticky - cya "up" there!