Old 08-31-2007, 11:04 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #102

G'day all,

Beautiful day here today and my weeping mulberry tree is sprouting new leaves which really means spring has sprung.

I am sure your blood test will be fine Glenda, always nice to get that confirmation again.
It certainly sounds like you have had a horrendous summer. Last thursday we had a total fireban because of the hot northerly winds, first time we have had a fireban in winter!
We are desperate for rain but nothing much on the horizon.

Karen it must be very hard for your daughter to have to struggle the way they are. I hope that lawsuit will soon be over and give them some relieve of their financial problems.

Yesterday we got an email to see if dh can go to New Zealand in about 2 weeks time for 3 months. The minute we think nothing is happening and we adjust to life as it is we get thrown another curve ball.
It can get very frustrating having to adjust all the time. I will not go but stay home to look after the admin job dh has for the cricket club. Hopefully he will be able to come home a few weekends during this stint.
It is too lucrative to pass up and he does enjoy the work, just doesn't want to be away from home.

I am making a little headway with my sorting of our American photos, I can only do it between doing other things, it is a very slow progress.

Have a great weekend all,

Cheers
Maria
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #2  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: GLENDA, I did say a prayer for you. I'm sure all will be well, but you will feel much better when "they" say, all is well. KAREN, sorry your daughter and SIL are having a tough time of it and hope the lawsuit is settled and they can get on with their normal lives. An old school chum and her DH are in town. I haven't seen her for about 25 years. They went to Fargo with relatives a couple of days ago and if they get home at a reasonable time they will stop by for a visit tonight. My granddaughter had her 12th birthday on Thursday. I got her a cell phone and will pay the monthly rate just like I did for her brother when he turned 12. I let her chose the phone she wanted and I think I probably got 4 calls from her on that day. I also bought her a ceramic flat iron for her hair. I never even knew there was such a thing. Her hair is straight but this iron makes it even straighter. Her Mom filled me in on that gift. My Patches will be spayed on Tuesday....ahh the poor little girl dog. Talk to you all soon.

Last edited by slavika; 09-01-2007 at 04:25 PM.
slavika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #3  

Thanks for the Prayers.

I had to make a little trip to the ER early Saturday morning. Having chest pain. Scared me to death. Once there and I was told the EKG and blood test showed not heart problems I calmed down. Turns out to be and case of Pleurisy. So got 3 shots. One was a steroid, One was for nausea the other was for pain. I was in lala land for most of the day yesterday. Also got 3 prescription's. One for the stomach, One for the inflammation the other for pain which I won't be taking any more. Makes me sick. I am way better today.

Granddaughters really grow up fast don't they. I can't believe yours is 12 already. Seems like yesterday she was just a little girl. Time flies! poor Patches. She'll be fine , You'll feel worse than she will.

Well now I'm going to lay down for a while. See you all later
Karen L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #4  
Net browser

Oh KAREN, I can truly say that I know how you felt going into the ER with chest pains. I am so happy it was not your heart. It was a good thing you had gone and they were able to deal with your problem and you could rest assured that it wasn't your heart. Take care of yourself.
My friends from out of town and my brother and his wife came over last night and we had a really nice visit. It was heartbreaking to realize how many of our old school chums have died. I will see them again tomorrow when we go to a old hot dog and fries place of our youth just a short distance out of town. They leave for home on Saturday. Enjoy the rest of weekend everybody.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #5  

G'day all,

Boy Karen what a scare, Having pleurisy is no fun though, hope you are well on the mend with the medication prescribed for you.

Slavika I so agree with you that it is quite depressing to find out so many of your peers have now passed on.
Enjoy your visit to the hotdog and fries place, is that the one we went to with you and Trudy?

I had everyone over for dinner last night (fathers day here in Australia). I went through quite a bit of effort and it turned out c--p I was so disappointed. From now on I will only do VERY simple stuff!

We are trying to get everything organised for when Alan gets the 'call' to go to New Zealand.

Have a great week all,

Cheers
Maria
Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #6  
Net browser

Hi Maria...yes that's the place. When we were teenagers we often went there with our dates. Years ago you could dance to the juke box. I don't even know what year that stopped. Sorry your "din dins" didn't turn out as well as you would have liked. Probably nobody noticed.
We had a thunder storm this morning with hail the size of peas. Patches was very content to stay in bed cuddled up with me until 9:00 and the "noise" stopped.
Hope you are all having a nice weekend.

Last edited by slavika; 09-03-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:45 PM   #7  

We are having a nice quiet Labor day today. We went to a church dinner in Indiana like we always do on Labor Day. About the only time all year that I eat fried chicken. Those country church people do a good job. It has been so hot and I forgot what rain is. We are in a bad drought. School has been busy and very hot. One of our workers quit so I picked up another day. We added kindergarten this year and they are so cute but slow going through the lunch line. P had viral pneumonia last week so we had to go watch him Friday. He seemed fine to me. We had him and the dogs Sat and the dogs are still here. They are leaving tonight thank goodness. I am tired!!! And I guess that you can tell I am tired of being hot. It is going to be close to 100 again Weds.
Glenda I am sure you are going to hear good news about your blood test but I know that you are on pins and needles waiting to hear.
Karen I am sorry to hear about your sil and your dd. You do what you can. I hope that the lawsuit comes through and gives them some relief. That is so stressful. That had to be scary for you to go to the hospital with chest pains. I am glad it was not your heart but pleurisy is painful. Take good care of yourself.
Slavika I love a good hotdog. Gosh the princess is 12 already. Your son will be busy in a few years when the boys come around if they haven't already. Patches will be fine but I am sure you will be fussing over her. Now aren't you glad you decided to get her?
Maria your life is like musical chairs. You never know where you will land or when you will be going. You can use to time to catch up on your American book. I am sure your dinner was fine. Tell Alan Happy Fathers Day. Saw on the news the other night that Sydney is hosting some kind of summit with world leaders. Hope it all goes smoothly. Be glad you are not there.
Peggy
painter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #8  
Web Nana

Well the Labor Day weekend is almost over and it was quite restful here.

Karen: Oh my, chest pains are a scary thing and although Pleurisy is painful at least it wasn't a heart attack. I am glad they gave you the proper meds to help you....I know what you mean about pain meds making you feel out of it. A couple of Tylonol are sleeping pills for me.

Maria: There is a summit in Australia and Bush is coming...maybe you could invite him for you 'Father's Day Dinnner'. He won't want to come home! I know you didn't think it came out well enough but I am sure everyone enjoyed themselves and didn't notice anything wrong.

Slavika: I know you are feeling sorry for Patches going through the operation but I believe he will come through with flying colors and be his regular self in no time. Boy your GD is 12! It doesn't take long for kids to grow.

Peggy: Boy another school year...doesn't seem possible but it is! Although
the kindergarden kids are slow I bet they are a lot of fun to watch going
through the line and having new adventures in school.

Glenda: Hope the blood test came back with good news. It is the waiting that is the problem.

Trudy and Bernice: Hope you are having a great weekend/Holiday.

Tomorrow I will see the urologist and find out what my bloods show and I will bring her the 'gift' of my 'stone'. Jack wanted to mount in in a ring and gave him a BIG NO THANKS.

Take care all!
Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #9  

G'day everyone,

It is a lovely sunny day but sort of icey, I don't seem to be able to get warm
I am madly working on my American photos but so far have only done a fraction of the 8000 plus photos I have.

Life is just very hectic at the moment trying to get everything organised before Alan goes to NZ. DS ordered paving bricks yesterday and Alan is around there taking delivery and making a start on preparing the area in their backyard to be paved.

Are you happy with doing another day at the school Peggy? You would now be working 3 days per week if I remember rightly.
I hope your summer is not a sign for what is in store fo us.
We badly need rain, but no spring showers are forecast.

Gloria your Jack is a character...a ring with a kidney stone would be different
Pleased it all seem to going well now, hope the doctor will confirm it with bloodtests etc.

We have the APEC meeting in Sydney with a number of world leaders, including your president Bush attending. There has been so much security, unbelievable that this is now a necessary thing to keep the attendees of the meeting safe.

Not sure what the meeting will achieve but world leaders meeting and exchanging views would have to be a good thing.

Slavika
how long will Patches be at the vets, is it an overnight visit? You will miss her but it will be good once she is spayed.

Hi to everyone else....hope you are all having a good day.

Cheers
Maria
Old 09-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #10  
Fun Blonde

Wow, where to start! First Karen, I am sooooo glad your chest pains were not a heart attack. Pleurisy is painful but much better than the other. You have had your share of stuf lately, but again, glad the colonoscopy is over with and you had good results. I know your heart just bleeds for your child, and I hope that will be overwith soon. Must be awful for her and her family. I have a son who is just now learning about the real world, and he has worried me to death, so I can imagine how hard it is for you with a daughter who has been dealt such a hard blow.

Maria, oh come on, the food wasn't that bad really, was it? How are you going to do without Alan for that long? Are you going to go visit him once in awhile? Too bad he can't do his work from your home. Always so strange when we are comparing seasons. I would love to send some of our rain to you. I visited my flooded-out friend over the holiday and the stories! Snakes floating by, fences that look like thatch fences, dead animals in the flood water. Just lots of yuck! I hope it never does that again!

Peggy, if it is that hot for you, how hot it must be for the kiddos. I am surprised that the school system doesn't have AC by now. But don't you enjoy the little ones? My Austin is in kindergarden and loving it, but "his feet hurt and he doesn't get to play enough." If that is all that is wrong, I think he will survive.

Slavika, how much you have enjoyed that little bundle of fluff. She will be fine tomorrow, but I will be thinking of you two. So, your little Princess is almost a teenager! And a cell-phone owner! Time goes too fast.

Gloria, always glad that you heard the "clink". That was quite a seige!

Trudy, where are you?

We had a good holiday. One day the kids came up to see a football game on our TV (we lost), the next we took flooded friends out to eat, and the next my sister had the family for a pool barbecue. Just lots of fun and a good send off for summer.

Ann, are you stenciling away? I hope Florida is lucky through this hurricane season.
Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:30 AM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone:
Where to begin =? I have read everyone's posts and probably won't remember much but here goes,

Karen- so glad that your scare wasn't heart and the thye Dr. could give you the right meds. I know what you mean about pain meds. putting you in lala land as well as makeing you sick. Not worth is usually. Glad you are on the mend. Sorry aabout your SIL and hope that her tests weren't as bad as first thought, and your daughter. Just keep praying.

Sally: Patches big day today. I know you will be concerned, but she will be fine and she will want to snuggle even more when she gets home, as you are her security blanket. Hard to believe that your GD is 12. Kids grow up so fast it seems. And the hotdogs sound good. I wouldmuch rather have a hotdog than a hamburge any day.

Peggy: You sound as hot and dry as us here in Fl. Actually maybe even higher temps. We haven't reached 100 where we are, close but not there. Kindergarten kids are fun, and they'll get used to the drill soon.

Maria: It must be a bit off-putting to not have any definitive answer as to just when Alan is leaving for NZ. And I keep thinking about you going into summer and we are moving toward winter. I am happy to report that so far, we haave not experienced any hurricane scares. But we have more time in the season. Happy Father's Day to Alan

Gloria: Glad you are feeling so much better. Tell Jack that I think a necklace with your stone would be better than a ring. A nice mounting, and right out there for everyone to see. : Sounds like you had a nice labor Day
weekend

Glenda: By now I'm sure you have your happy report back from your Blood work. It is always the waiting that gets to one. I'm happy you had a chance to spend some time with your 'flooded' friends. They certainly had a difficult time.

I gave up on the stenciling job and am looking for just the right border. The bathroom is all finished just waiting for the right border. We had a supper at the clubhouse for Labor Day. Lots of activities which we didn't partake in. DH had a good report from the Dr. with all his tests. That was a happy day yesterday.

Now I am off to the eye Dr. for a checkup. It seems never a dull moment.

Hi Trudy, and Bernice.

See you all later. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:56 PM   #12  

Well I am happy to report that when i went to the doctor today he told me I could quit taking the medicine(for the inflammation). The pain med went into the garbage. I can go back to my exercising as long as it doesn't hurt and if it does I have to take the meds again YUK!!!! I think i might wait until next week so i don't chance a relapse. Just walking and not power.

SIL had a bit of news. The Cancer doctor doesn't think she has cancer. But can't be sure until the biopsy comes back. Her cervix is very thick and was hard to get through for the biopsy. If it is inconclusive she will have to be put under so it can be done right. She had to go through that while she was here too I remember . She is feeling better about the whole situation. But will be glad when the 2 weeks of waiting for results is over.

Have talked to my DD almost every day for a couple of weeks now, She is very nervous about this mediation deal they are doing next week. I've told her not to worry just tell them the truth and all will be well. The truth is this accident has affected every are of their entire life. SonIL can't work . He has developed high B/P and now on Medication. I sure hope they get enough to make a fresh start over in their life. No big ridiculous amount but enough to help.

It was another hot day today. But when I took Sprout for his ride there was a cool feel to the air. Nice! I see they have revised the hurricane predictions again. We'll just have to wait and see. I feel for the people in Mexico and Central America. But I am so thankful not to have one come here so far. Like Ann say there are still several months to go. I think I heard that August and September are the most active months.

Gloria I agree with Ann a necklace would be better for the stone. I know you are glad that's over. My Aunt has to have hers blasted about every 2 years or so. My Brother too.

Peggy I'm sure you must feel like you are melting in that kitchen. I would never last. I would just plain turn into a pool of butter. There must be some law against working people in a sweat factory isn't there?

Glenda I am with you in hoping the flooding never happens again. I wonder just what kind of a winter it's going to be with the summer being so wet.

Ann you are much braver that I am. I wouldn't even know where to begin when you paint. Never had an occasion to do it. I'm sure you'll find just the right border. Glad DH test went well.

I went out to the air base to get my new glasses last week and the bifocals were not in the right spot. Couldn't see a lick. So now I have to wait 2 more weeks maybe. I got them out there because it was the only place I found frames that I liked. Boy glasses are expensive!!!!

Well I've yabbered on long enough.

See you later.
Karen
Karen L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #13  
Fun Blonde

Karen, Leon had the same problem with his glasses. The bifocal part was way too high. And you are so right--they cost way too much for them not to be perfect.

Ann, what a sigh of relief that DH's tests were good. Leon is 4 years older than I am and in the summer he had a patch of several doctor's appointments in a row. He was so annoyed! I told him, "Welcome to my world." Something all the time.

Slavika, I hope Patches is up to her old tricks again by now. Doesn't seem that it takes that long for doggies to recover. Is the Princess just loving her new phone? I am waiting on a sales lady to call me back about upgrading my cell phone. We don't have a home phone and when our cell phones get old they aren't that dependable, it seems.

Have any of you had a cataract surgery? I have one eye that is pretty bad and the other isn't. I could wait for Medicare and have them both done for free, but I have been thinking about doing the bad one next winter. My sister says people she knows don't have to have correction after that surgery. I can't believe that.

Trudy, are you back to normal? Is your computer okay? Was it mad at your or something? I just dread buying one and having these troubles at home. At least here support is a phone call away.

I never received a call from the oncologist office. That is what they do when it is good and I am too chicken to call them. So, will leave it alone. Karen, I do so hope your SIL is cancer free.

Tomorrow is our first home game. I have to go to the grocery store tonight and get a supply of little kids' foods for the grandkids. We don't usually keep a bunch of snacks so that is a bit of a change.

Peggy, the weekend! Home air conditioning! Glorious!

Gloria, did you decide on that wonderful piece of jewelry? Do you have a family susceptibility with stones? Almost seems in the family sometimes.
Glenda

Last edited by survivor; 09-07-2007 at 03:05 PM.
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  
Web Nana

Another hot day today but I have the fans going so it isn't too bad!

Karen: It is always troubling when your children have problems that you would love to just wave a wand and have them go away. I hope that the settlement will happen soon and all will be better. Sil must be relieved to hear that possible no cancer report. Hope they can come up with a true diagnosis soon.
I have trifocals on my glasses and talk about expensive but it is better than trying to fool around with 2 sets of glasses...close up and distance.

Slavlika: I bet Patches is just up to her old tricks and keeping you on your toes.

Trudy: So glad that puter problems have been fixed. Mine is only 5 years old and it is giving me fits and starts so who know what will happen. Don't want to face the thoughts of new vs repairs.

Maria: Spring is in the air in Australia....wonderful! Hope you have a great and somewhat wet spring so the water bans will go away.

Ann: Great to hear that DH's feeling better. Dh's are not happy when they don't feel up to par.

Glenda: That no news is good news is fine but it would be nice if they would call and confirm it. The stone has been left at the DR.'s for analysis which will take about 4 to 5 months. My next appt is March 4th. Yes, there is a history of kidney stones on my mother's side of the family. I guess I am lucky I haven't had any problems until this late in my life so I won't complain.
The Dr. said I should continue with the lemon water and stay away from chocolate, peanut butter, nuts spinach and only 1 8oz. portion of animal protein a day. That includes, beef, chicken, etc as well as fish, eggs.
OH, well, I will survive.

Gloria
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: I hope you are having a nice weekend. Right now we are trying to have a little rain. we'll take whatever we can get.

I've been just laying around doing nothing much, as last night when I was going back to bed after a potty break, I stubbed my toe, said 'ouch' and went back to bed. this a.m. it is all swollen and black and blue and hurts to walk. I don't know if it is a bad bruise, or broken, but there is nothing to do for either one. So I've just been sitting with my feet up. Lazy, Lazy!!!

Only another week and we'll be off on our trip. I'm looking forward to a change. It will be good to see family and old friends. I hope that we will have reasonably good weather while we are gone, and no hurricanes either. Our poor cat would be very lonely, since I know our sitter wouldn't be able to come out for her.

I have trifocals too, and I don't think I could do without them especially to play the piano, or read. I didn't want to be bothered with more than one pair of glasses, and as you say, Gloria, they are too costly to go that route. I hope that you are making out all right with your restrictive diet. Too bad that the Dr. took your 'jewelry' for analysis. Oh well!!: I guess when they know the make-up of the stone they can better determine your diet restrictions.

How is Patches after a few days after her surgery?

I've been reading up on the Fat Smashers Diet, as I have a friend that is doing it. And I have finally decided that WW is still the best plan. When we get back from our trip, I just have to go back and get rid of this extra I have put on. I know that I would feel more energized, for sure. I know that I would get the 'booby prize ' in the weight loss challenge that was started a while back.

'See' you later. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote