Old 09-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Default I messed up

I've realllly messed up this last week. A coworker was leaving, so we had a potluck at my center for her. Then my roommate had her birthday and really wanted to order pizza and make rootbeer floats [Okay, at least I resisted the floats...]. Then on Weds, Thurs, and Fri my workplace closes so that we can do cleaning and trainings, and they had donuts every morning for breakfast, ordered pizza one day, and had a potluck another day. We went bowling one day for "team building" and we had popcorn and beer. I've been eating soooo bad.

Then to top it off I've been so busy that I haven't had time to work out since Tuesday.

This morning the scale had me up 6 pounds!

It's depressing, but... I just realllly need to get my motivation back. I need to just jump right back into my healthy foods and exercise. *Sigh*
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

First of all Gretchy, you know that a lot of that weight is from the salty foods. No way you gained that much in a week. So get back on the wagon and drink some water and it'll come off again. Just nip it in the bud right now and chalk it up to a rough week, and get back on plan. No permanent harm done unless you let it continue. Good luck!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Oooh, rough week. I want you to know, that after nearly 3 years of my healthy life style, the situations you describe are the same things that still cause me a lot of problems/issues. Heck, after 3 years of no donut eating, I caved and had a donut at a work meeting last week.

During weight loss, I managed it better by having a strick "no" policy on stuff like donuts, pizza, soda, alcohol and ice cream. I just didn't eat those things. A lot of people don't believe in "no's" but it really helped make things more black/white for me (gray areas give me issues). Eating a healthy breakfast, bringing your own healthy lunch, having healthy snacks on you might make it easier to say "no" to temptations. If you are invited to a potluck, always bring a delicious, healthy dish that you can fill your plate with.

You are definitely on the track to immediately jump back into healthy eating/exercise - but I definitely think it's useful to look at what you ate and why and how you can plan to handle situations differently in the future!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 5'6

When I weighed 113, for years my weight fluctuated 5 pounds. I'd be up to 118-120 then back down again. 6 pounds isn't too terribly much. It might be water, anything. If thin people fluctuate, people with some weight to lose will fluctuate as well. I know it's discouraging but I am sure it's just temporary.
StephR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Ugh. A temptation schmorgasborg... That is the perfect storm of crappy foods. Many a committed dieter would have caved at some point during your whirlwind week. You just have to shake it off and get right back to it. In a few weeks it'll be a faded memory!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote