Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #28

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Please pull up a chair and join us!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:54 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Pretty quiet around here...anybody out there?

Thought I would go ahead and start a new thread...hoping that is all right with everyone. We were a little over 100 posts.

Hoping all is well with everyone.

Nothing much going on...did my usual 3 mile walk this morning and man was it chilly. Seemed so weird since it's been hot. Actually needed some pants on instead of shorts, brrrr. Supposed to be the same tomorrow so I will dress a little bit warmer. Of course half way into the walk I warmed up...it was just in the beginning. Came home and did my 2 mile WATP. I was sleepy after that...had breakfast and then while watching the Today show I dozed. For some reason I woke up this morning a little after 4 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep so just got up. Went to the pool and again, brrrrr. The water was COLD! But it is my last day so I braved the water and spent a couple of hours there. Until next year

Didn't do another 3 mile walk last night but I did go ahead and do the 2 mile and the 1 mile WATP. Man...I think the 1 mile is harder than the 2...she tries to pack a lot in the 1 mile so I guess that's why...but I got a good work out for sure.

Anywho...other than that nothing much going on. Getting some laundry done and hoping to stay a wake during Jeopardy, lol.

Anyone have special plans for Labor Day?

We are just staying around the house, as usual, and getting some things done...one being some more painting. Ahh, one day it will be done and we can sit back and relax, and enjoy.

Chat with you ladies later
Old 08-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Is a house ever really done? I mean by the time you finish the "last" room the room you completed first is by then a bit old and tired and looks dirty next to the newest room . . . Or the laundry. Thought you did it all, got it all put away and yet there is the dirty basket loaded to the brim again. It's the dirty clothes fairy, been through and found all the stuff that wasn't in the silly basket when you started the laundry.

Know what I remember about kindergarten? I was allowed to eat whatever, whenever. It wasn't until 2nd grade that the doctor pronounced me "obese" and the dieting crap started. Oh, well. Past is past! Time to learn all the things I missed earlier so I can be a thinner, healthier person for a change!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

I am here Cristina!!! Thanks for the new thread. You are so good on your walking, I totally have not been consistant.

Welcome Kappy!! I was heavy by the 4th grade. It is great to have you here!!

This is just a quickie. I have been busy with my car breaking down. It broke down at the pool yesterday and I called for a jump, drove the car to WINCO and it just stopped. So, I called again for a jump and they said if I jumped it again I would waive my towing, so I ended up towing it home, with my groceries. hehe......decided the car can sit for awhile I am so worn out from driving. Public transportation here I come!

Gaby just left for her 3 day weekend w/ her dad. Rach is sleeping on my bed.We might take the bus to see a movie. lol.........whatEVER....I have all the time in the world with no job.

I am sooooo close to 175. It is ok. Lets start with a new month. This month started out great and seemed to fizzle. Onward

Katy- Would love to walk together. The park??? After school starts??

HI to Jules, Sassy , Carol, Michelle, Sue!! Chat with you later!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #5  
RosieKate

Cristina - thanks for starting the new thread. Did you ever post pics of your new house? I would love to see them, done or not. Those WATP videos are harder than they look, imo. I did one once w/ my support group, and I thought it was more of a workout than I initially thought it would be. Glad you got to talk to Josh...how good that must make you feel. Does he get to come home ( or to Hawaii) soon? OH, I have seen info on Weigh Down on beliefnetdotcom. I think that was the newsletter I used to receive....

Susan- you betcha...park sounds good. Is Gaby excited about kindy? Leigh got a letter today from her teacher which thrilled her. What a nice touch.

Welcome Kappy - you are right, houses really are never "done". We just finished a big (for us) remodel, and there is still lots of projects we could do...it just never ends!

Hi Carol, Sue, Jules, Michelle, and anyone else reading this.

Well, my new computer went tits up on me. Guess you get what you pay for (my dad gave me the computer) The Rent-a-Geek guy didn't charge me for the house call, thank goodness. He was very nice and I will call him back to set up our wireless when I do get a computer that works. Meanwhile, DS is very bummed because he was to get the old one, but now I have to use it for awhile longer. C'est la vie....

I worked out in the yard for an hour today...got all sweaty so that counts for a workout, right? I am going to get to the gym tomorrow. Our community center closes for two weeks of maintenance after the weekend, so I have to get in while I can.

Other than that, our weekend will be uneventful. DH is working on the back yard...and that's about it. I will knit and get some exercise. Ho hum. Hope you all have a good one!

K

Old 09-01-2007, 12:37 AM   #6  
kitty Momo

Cute , I never heard of a *rent a geek* Katy. Does he make house calls even if you don't have a computer?? haha...Friday dateless humor.
Gaby received a letter too from her teacher today! Rach tore it. I need to tape and copy it.
We had a wonderful teacher on the coast that use to write Dear Parents letters every week. I photo copied onto color paper and made a book of the year long letters. Still have it. I think it is the best thing a teacher can do. It gives a history of the whole 1st grade.
I don't know about Gab being excited. The teachers letter talked about reading and writing and Gaby goes " I don't know how to read and write"...she sounded so sad. Tried to exlain that she is going to learn. She will go Thursday to meet her teacher and starts on the 10th. How about Leigh? I am excited - lol ....can't wait.
Bummer about the center being closed!

had fish and veggies for dinner. I bought some more protein shake. Busy making eye and dental appts for all of us girls before I lose medical in January. I really need to get in for this knee.

anyway - off I go and watch some tv.

chat tomorrow!
Old 09-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning...I have been up forever, but feel so darn lazy. I just can't get going. I did walk Mom's dog and fix breakfast for DH. I ate toast and 1/2 a fresh peach. It is cooler here again today, but heading for the mid 80's. I need to get out there on that bicycle..wahhh...my joints ache...wah..I am tired...(read:lazy) I need to JUST DO IT.

Family reunion tomorrow so I baked 14 doz. cookies...I only ate like 3 dozen. lol j/k But I have eaten too many that's for sure. I am baking a cake tonight and Mom is making deviled eggs. I just wrapped some prizes for our white elephant sale...we also play bingo for prizes. Our reunion has always been lively. I doubt we stay long since Mom is still having back pains, but she insists on going.

HI to everyone. You are all doing great. I know for a fact that I won't lose this week, but I will get back to it!!! Like right now---I AM going to ride the bike. Ciao.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

hmmmm, what kind of cookies Sue? I make some real yummy oatmeal ones and there is a Pizza Express here that always has a jar of chocolate chips cookies that are to die for, totally melt in your mouth. Argh.....now I want a cookie! Enjoy your family reunion!!

I ate 3 slices of process cheese last night w/ toast. It was good, thought the scale might go up but it was the same.Yay,,,,,

Had some Baja Fresh for lunch, just a side salad and I nibbled off of Gab's. Went shopping for school clothes w/ her father - he was ok, he is asking if I would go back to Arkansas w/ him and Gaby to see his mother in Dec. I might, I would rather go to Hawaii though. lol

Ex put a battery in my car, he thinks that was the only problem. I guess the battery was the original (9 years old - haha) - I also need to get an oil change.

Taking Rach now to the mall......I am going to sleep soooooo good tonight!

Chat later - hugs to everyone!
Old 09-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Sunday morning !

I lost a pound FINALLY!!! Yippeeeee, took forever, huh?

Had a protein shake for breakfast and have fish and veggies on tap for later. I need to go buy some fruit to eat. I love pink grapefruit.

I miss Gaby, she comes home tomorrow. Taking the other 2 girls out for some more school shopping.

Carol, Michelle, Kappy, Jules, Sassy , Sue, Katy, and our Miss Cristina....hope you ladies are having a safe weekend!!

Chat later
Old 09-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #10  
One day at a time

Happy Monday, Labor Day, Ladies!

For some reason I thought I had posted Saturday...losing my mind. Not such a great weekend anyway. Went for my walk Saturday morning...had to force myself out of bed. Came home and instead of doing my WATP I went to bed and slept most of the morning. I think it was noon when I got up, lol. Just felt run down. Of course I think it's just a virus or something because yesterday I got up, ate breakfast and before I finished it all came back up, ugh. Slept most of the day yesterday as well. Feeling a little better today...stomache feels a little weird though. But...I did get my 3 miles in this morning. Will do the WATP once I get off the computer. And...I am happy to say...all my hard work is finally paying off. I am down 3 pounds this week! Woohoo! You don't know how happy I am about that...didn't think the scales were ever going to move!

SUSAN...wow! You are lucky your battery lasted that long. I've not had to replace mine in the three years I've had my car but DH has had to get 2 in the last few years. 1st DH had a truck that sucked the life out of them and had to get one every year...never did find out why. So did you and Rach go to the movie? What did you see? Getting closer to Gaby going to kindy! WTG on the pound!

KATY...ha, maybe that's why it sounded familiar, lol. I still get my believenet newsletters, just don't read them, lol. Or haven't in a while. I kind of thought it was sort of like The Joy of Weightloss by Norris Chumley. You know, I never have posted picutres yet...I did finally get some put up on photobucket I'll get the link and post them tomorrow.

KAPPY...that is the truth...it is never done! There's always something to be done around the house, and laundry to do, etc. By the way...HI &

SUE...sounds like you guys have fun reunions! All those cookies...I would be so tempted to eat them.

Well, I better get going. V is painting our bedroom today and I have to supervise, lol! Have to do my WATP also and laundry.

Have a GREAT Monday ladies!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- So sorry for your virus. But SO happy for the weight loss. I knew with all that walking you were going to have a drop soon. (no, not a drop to the ground from tiredness....a weight drop.)

Hi to everyone this holiday. Hope you are having a good day.

I actually got back on track this morning. Rode the bike and ate cereal and a fresh peach for breakfast. I just hope I can stay on track this week. I didn't lose....but I didn't think I would.

Hope you are all doing great...."hi" kappy. Welcome.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Morning - yippeeeeee.

Slipped another pound down the scale! Ate some protein shake w/ banana. Wanting to get in the 160's this month!

Wow, Cristina - you were gone a long time! I thought you went to a wedding?? lol - can't keep track of you. M & I are going to a counseling session this morning. I was being a smart aleck (hard to believe, huh?? ) one day and said we needed counseling so he went ahead and arranged a session. lol.....with his pastor. argh.....so, off I go this morning for that.

Rach and I rented movies,we rented Wild Hogs.

Sue - I bought these peaches at a farmers market that were so beautiful. They were huge, pound each....lol....we all ate off of one.

Week until Kindy begins!! Getting my crayons ready.....haha

chow
Old 09-03-2007, 11:55 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Monday Evening -

Hope you all had a safe day out on the roads!

Cristina - SUPER on the 3 pounds!!! I missed it earlier , so sorry. I am very happy for you, it must feel great - you sooooo deserve it

I had chicken and rice a roni for dinner.

M (Gaby's dad) and I survived out counseling session. We learned that #1) He needs to realize I have fears of him taking Gab from me. The year he tried in the courts was the scarist. #2) I need to be more blunt in my communication w/ him. #3) We need to make time to communicate away from Gaby's ear's. That is what we learned, yay. lol.....

k - going to put my baby t o bed.

Night
Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Smile Hi Ya Ladies!!

Hi Ya Ladies

I sure hope you all are doing well! Me? I'm here. lol. Nothing much going on except for work and um more work. lol BUT our vacation is the end of this month & so is our anniversary and my bday so I'm quite excited about that! (except possibly for the bday - lol) Knowing our vacation is coming up is the only thing that keeps me going really! lol.

We are going to TN (hopefully if we ever decide on a place to stay!!) lol. and just "getting away from it all" I do not want any phones that is for sure! (I work in a call center)

Well won't keep ya long just wanted to stop in and say hi and I hope you all had a very Happy Labor Day!

Old 09-04-2007, 09:02 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Good morning, ladies!

And, thank you! I was wondering if those darn scales were ever going to move, lol.

SUE...here's to wishing you a good eating/exercise week. You can do it!

SUSAN...sounds like the counseling session went well. I remember M and court...we were there with you missy. WTG on the pound!

Hiya SASSY...good to see you posting! I bet you are counting the days down to vacation.

Sorry this is kind of a quickie...came on mainly to post my exercise on the exercise thread but had to stop by and say HI.

Went for my usual 3 miles this morning and am getting ready to mow the back yard, then head to the library and Target. So, I will be back.

KATY...I didn't forget about the pictures...will do that when I get back for sure.

Have a GREAT day ladies!
Closed Thread