Old 08-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #1  
Sassy Chick

Default <sigh> GAINING, not losing! Want to give up....

So I've been back on LAWL for over a week now and I haven't seen a durn bit of difference! As a matter of fact, I have GAINED 1 1/2 pounds!! I just don't know what I am doing wrong! This is so discouraging. The first time I did it I lost 7 1/2 pounds in the FIRST week. It really just seems like I will never get this weight off! I'm following this new "Feel Full" plan. Anyone else out there following this plan and having the same problem? Any thoughts, advide, encoragement or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
LHB1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #2  

dont beat yourelf up!!!! these things happen! especially when you diet and give up!!!!....its normal to gain a pound or 2 in the beginning of the diet....but just remember...if you give up now....your only setting yourself back!!!! Good luck!
afb0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #3  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

I was off for 2.5 weeks (I know shame on me, but I am moving forward.) When I went in, they told me not to be discouraged if I saw a gain in the first week or two. Partially, the gain from what I ate prior to jumping back on lawl could still be catching up with me. As Dan has told us, a cheat may show up after the actual cheat occurs; it doesn’t always show up immediately.

Hang in there! We will do better this time.
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Dont give up!! You will regret it so much....perserverance is the key!!! Sometimes our body gets confused - maybe it was wondering what you were up to!! Dont worry, if you do this program, the weight has no choice but to come off!!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:35 PM   #5  
Sassy Chick

Thank you so much for the support and words of encouragement! I REALLY need it. I know so many of you know just how I feel...I've struggled with this my whole life. Crash diet after crash diet. Up and down...up and down. I REALLY want to do this this time! I'm turning 30 at the end of this year and I really want to start treating my body like the temple that it is! (Sorry to be cliche'!!) It's just that I have failed so many times....when I don't see progress I am quick to just chalk it up to another faliure and give up. But your kind words and optimisim help tremendously...thank you!
One question though - do you think that doing the "Feel Full" plan as opposed to the old Red Plan is causing me to gain? Should I just stick with my old Red Plan - which I lost weight off of, but was miserable doing it! <sigh> I don't know!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #6  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

Well, I agree with the others that say don't give up. I was so frusterated when I started and my weight kept yo-yoing up and down. Then I found out about fiber. It was the key for me and it is how I have lost weight consistently since I started eating fresh fruits, vegetables and breads/pasta containing a higher content of fiber. I'm not sure what the "feel full" plan is (maybe it already has fiber) but if it does... give it a chance to work. The thing about insoluable fiber is that it isn't digestable so it doesn't stay around long (if you know what I mean;-) and flushes out fat along with it. However, you have to drink lots and lots of water, otherwise, like someone mentioned in the Fiber thread, it has the opposite effect (think "Cork")! Check out the Fiber!!! Fiber!!! Fiber !!! thread to get more information. Ideally, everyone needs btwn 20-38 grams of fiber a day for good gastrointestinal health. I checked and though my diet yesterday was higher than it normally is (it was 18 grams) it isn't even within the recommended daily intake. So, since others have had success with fiber supplements, I am going to go get some today. Hang in there and I bet you will start losing!! Good Luck!
Maia
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:02 PM   #7  
Sassy Chick

Thanks Maia! I am going to check the thread out now! I have noticed a problem with my...uh....regualrity *ahem* since I have started this plan again. So perhaps you are on to something there! I'll keep you posted!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/157/130

Height: 5'7.5

I am having the same problem. I started back again last Tuesday, and today at the COD I actually gained my 2 lbs back that I worked so hard losing!! My counsellor said I could go back to the colored plan if I wanted, but I think my body is just adjusting and I too, have been constipated...I think from the LA Lites. She said I was the first client who was having trouble on the new plan since they switched (2 weeks ago). I'm not giving up this time. I am going to take extra magnesium tonight, as this helps with going to the washroom. We both have to be strong, and we will persevere!!!
Nikkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #9  
Princess Heather

Ok..here's my idea....if you are making progress you are doing better than you were before you started LAWL. Even if you mess up. I am the Princess of stopping and starting...but as long as you don't totally QUIT you are doing something..keep on pushing....i know i am!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:37 PM   #10  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Didnt I post on here, twice, earlier? Weird, my posts are disappearing!

OK LOL Lauren, you confused me! LOL I didnt realize this was a totally different thread! I was starting to feel a little crazy...

Last edited by bradleys mom; 08-29-2007 at 09:43 PM. Reason: I goofed!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandlePrincess View Post
Ok..here's my idea....if you are making progress you are doing better than you were before you started LAWL. Even if you mess up. I am the Princess of stopping and starting...but as long as you don't totally QUIT you are doing something..keep on pushing....i know i am!

Ok Princess Heather, I must be your sister separated at birth because I always told everyone I was the QUEEN of starting and stopping. LOL That is why this time, I threw away my scale and get on the scale at LAWL backwards (goofy, I know) I dont' want to watch the scale, I simply ask them how I did that week and they tell me how much I lost. It works better for me. I have yo-yo'd so much I must have lost and gained 1000 pounds. The biggest mistake I made last time was my doc gave me diet pills. They were awesome, I lost 130 pounds, then the prescription ran out and I gained all the weight back. SIGH. You would think I would have learned.

This time is my last time. I am inspired by all of you and will stick to this healthy weight loss plan.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote