Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #1  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 8/27-9/2

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

What do you most look forward to doing when you reach your goal weight?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 AM   #2  

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 207 -- down ONE.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Get back on plan, regain my motivation, blah, blah, blah...failed miserably.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Lose some freakin' weight!

What do you most look forward to doing when you reach your goal weight? Being more confident!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Finally back down to 189.6..but it's TOM so I am not moving my ticker up .2 pounds LOL

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I jut wanted to try harder to stay on plan, and I DID ALOT BETTER.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Try to start exercising again.

What do you most look forward to doing when you reach your goal weight? Absolutely number 1........CLOTHES!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 196, refusing to change my ticker.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): To go to the gym once, I have to start somewhere

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):Absolulety no whataburger or sonic in the morning. Stay within 1300-1400 calories, 1 hour cardio 6 days a week.

What do you most look forward to doing when you reach your goal weight? Seeing everyone Ive advoided. Being free of my weight.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  
I have less blubber!

I like your goal queenjane
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #6  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 203 Not changing my ticker, either!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):
Horrible, and I'd like to use an excuse of being sick!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):
Exercise, start my pilates class on Tuesday nights, stick to my eating plan, you know the drill...

What do you most look forward to doing when you reach your goal weight? Not being mistaken for my husband's fat spinster sister instead of his wife.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #7  

OK, people. I need a real kick in the pants to regain my momentum. Anyone feel like kicking me? I've gone about a month with NO LOSS (well, gain and subsequent loss -- but no overall downward trend). I need to do this. I have tons of reasons to lose, but I can't seem to keep my motivation for more than a few weeks at a time.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #8  
Am I there yet?

Queenjane, I am right there with you!!

About a month ago, my dad had a heart attack. And then yesterday, my grandpa (my dad's dad) had a heart attack and had to have triple bypass surgery. He's doing fine, but I really sat there last night and thought "WHY am I not more motivated???" I'm obese, I have so many risk factors running against me right now, my self esteem is in the toilet, so why isn't that enough of a motivation to eat healthy and exercise?

I went to the store and bought a ton of healthy food... and today so far, all I can think about is how badly I want pizza or apple pie!

What if we gave ourselves a short-term goal, like a month from now? Or even one week? I found the 2-week scale challenge relatively easy, because I only had to do it for two weeks. And what if we stopped focusing on weight loss, but started focusing on changing our lifestyle to be healthier? If we do those things, the weight should come off anyway. There is no magic bean that can make it go away, except for good old fashioned exercise and eating right.

So what if we said, for ONE MONTH (or even one week!) I am going to shoot for 30 minutes of exercise, 5 days a week, and make healthy food choices?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:14 PM   #9  

Anna/2F4MJ:

OK. I'm IN! Let's go for ONE MONTH. Starting today through end of September? Smarter food choices and regular exercise. I can do this. I'll stick with you, if you'll stick with me, girl.

--K
Old 08-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #10  
Am I there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
Anna/2F4MJ:

OK. I'm IN! Let's go for ONE MONTH. Starting today through end of September? Smarter food choices and regular exercise. I can do this. I'll stick with you, if you'll stick with me, girl.

--K
YES!! We can do it! It's not about the scale, it's about changing our life!

What's for dinner, everyone? I had this great roasted turkey tenderloin - I think Honeysuckle makes them - that is marinated with lemon pepper seasoning. Since DH has class tonight, I just throw it in the slow cooker when I leave for work in the morning and turn it on low. YUMMY! I also had steamed cauliflower and broccoli, seasoned with lemon juice, garlic, and Parmesan cheese, and for dessert, toasted whole grain bread with sugar free blackberry jam.

Tonight's my first Pilates class!! I'm so excited!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

A Hormel Compleats LOL....I have gotten lazy with cooking my own meals.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 PM   #12  
Am I there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
A Hormel Compleats LOL....I have gotten lazy with cooking my own meals.
Trust me, if I didn't have a starving husband, I'd be doing the lean cuisines every night... or even worse, pizza or fast food!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #13  

For dinner last night? Turkey burger in pita with lettuce and a bit of ranch dressing, corn on the cob (1/2 ear with spray "butter"), brown rice, broccoli. BO-RING!

Tonight...hmmm...let's think... leftover trader joe's spanikopita, leftover brown rice, watermelon?

Tomorrow night...salmon!

Gotta get my butt back to the gym. Didn't pack gym clothes today, but I will tomorrow!!!

Anna: that turkey tenderloin sounds de-lish!

Mary: if it weren't for having to feed my DS (and wanting HIM to grow up eating healthy), I'd be eating frozen meals, pizza or mac & cheese every night -- and I LOVE to cook (but I like to cook big elaborate things which doesn't translate well to get home at 6PM and have dinner on the table for starving little boy before 6:30).

Hope everyone is having a great day!

--K
Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #14  
Am I there yet?

I'm the same, I want to cook but don't have the time to do so. We are usually busy in the evenings so eating dinner by 5:30 is a must. Also, we don't have a dishwasher in our house (weird, I know, but it's a 70s house), so it's a pain having to do the dishes all the time and I find myself gravitating towards one-dish meals so there won't be so much to clean up!

Tonight, I'm attempting to make curry chicken. I finally found the courage to buy some curry powder and I have a great recipe from epicurious.com. Think I'll serve it with some brown rice and veggies. Mmm!

Does anyone do pilates? I went to my class last night and I am really feeling it today...ugh... I didn't even know there were muscles in the hips, but apparently so! My body hates me today!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 217, up 2

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Do I even remember last week, lol.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): To freaking remember I am trying to looooooose weeeiiightt (repeating to myself slooooowly).

What do you most look forward to doing when you reach your goal weight? Defininitely feeling more confident (I hate how unworthy I feel when I'm overweight).

I'm so there with you girls, definitely need a kick in the right direction, arg! This is why it's taking me an eternity to lose weight (Ibegan on my own in January); I go in circles most weeks.

I'm going to try and make good choices this week. Next week Wednesday, I leave for Arizona till Sunday. I'm attending Creative Escape (scrapbooking) and I have a zillion things to do before I go.

I have confidence in us girls, we just have to do it. Like the Nike ad, lol.

Sherin
Closed Thread