General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #1  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Any Embarrassing Celeb crushes?

I love the thread about which celebs you find attractive, so I kind of came up with this one, just because I've always had "different" tastes. So my question is, do you find someone attractive that others might think you're nuts for liking?

Like right now, I'm gaga over David Hasslehoff (just finished watching America's Got Talent) I used to think he was just some cheeseball, but he's so darn NICE. So I got to crushin on him big time. (He lost a few cool points singing in the finale but still)

I've ALWAYS like Drew Carey, not conventionally hunky. But I'm madly attracted to him.

I grew up in the 80s crushing on Corey Haim and he played LUCAS!

I liked that kid who played Vinnie on Doogie Howser MD and all my friends thought he was creepy!

Oh and I've always crushed on Owen Wilson, maybe he's not such an odd choice, but even with his broken crooked nose, I think he's a babe!

Hey, don't Hassle the Hoff.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

James Hetfield from Metallica...::swoon:: I LOVE him.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

There's probably not two people here who will know who this is, but I've always had a crush on Shelby Foote. He was a civil war historian who had a big part in the Ken Burns documentary. Probably 70 years old then, with a scraggly beard, but he was just charming as all ****. He had the twinkly eye thing going and I'm a big sucker for twinkly eyes.

However, I still don't think my ancient civil war guy crush is nearly as embarrassing as David Hasslehoff. Really, have you seen the drunken hamburger video?
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229('06)/214/see ticker/160

I find William Peterson (Grissom) on CSI incredibly hot I also have this thing for John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe. And I find Alan Rickman sexy, his voice is like velvet. He can read the phone book to me all night long
lavidasofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #5  
Addicted to potato salad!

Roger Taylor, the drummer from Queen. I used to just stare at his picture on the back of my album and drool. There were neighbors we had with the last name Taylor and they had a plaque on their house that said "Taylors" and I even used to find myself staring at that because it's Roger Taylor's last name. Then along comes American Idol with Brian May and Roger Taylor doing the Rock week and I STILL had a little crush on him even as a little old man. Its ROGER TAYLOR!!My daughter was totally offended.

I'm also a huge Peyton Manning fan and think he's just totally adorable. My best friend absolutely hates him and I get, "He's such a geek" all the time!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #6  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Milo Ventimiglia from the TV show Heroes. I always thought he was cute, but then I saw him in Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" music video, and WOW!!!!!

My husband recently found out I thought Milo was a hottie and said "So THAT'S why you always watch that sci-fi show!" I really do like the show...Milo is an added eye candy bonus.

And there's also something strangly sexy about Hugh Laurie from House....
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:04 PM   #7  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

There is something wrong with me. I don't even know who any of these people ARE. Really.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Robin, I love Shelby Foote's voice. So charming and courtly. I don't think I ever saw him, but I heard him in an NPR interview several years before his death.

My absolute favorite is James Garner. Giving away my age, I guess. He was wonderful as Brett Maverick (the TV show), and, IMHO, really hot in Rockford Files. He's definitely got twinkly eyes, even in his 70s now, and such a wonderful smile.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default Have you heard the news?

I decided to look at this thread even though I'm an old married woman and no longer allow myself to have crushes . I have to admit I have been thinking about Owen Wilson lately even before I heard the news (I think I'm somewhat psychic or maybe because they've been showing Wedding Crashers on TV lately). NurseMichelle, you mentioned Owen Wilson...have you heard the news about his hospitalization on Sunday...they think it's a suicide attempt . Prayers are with him...I feel so bad...I haven't heard anything about him today. I hope he is alright. I think he was crying out for help. He seems to have the support of his family which is important. Prayers are with you, Owen!
Musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #10  
sfj

Sean Connery. And not the younger James Bond Sean. the older Sean.
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavidasofa View Post
I find William Peterson (Grissom) on CSI incredibly hot
OMG! ME TOO! I also think Greg is hot. And of course Nick and Warrick, but everyone thinks those two are! haha. But yes, I LOVE GRISSOM! Sexy sexy Grissom!

I also have any embarrassing celeb crush on Bret Michaels. I don't care how old or washed up he is, I still love my Bret! And I think he looks great for his age!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:44 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
James Hetfield from Metallica...::swoon:: I LOVE him.
Hate to have to burst your bubble on this....but he is really a jerk. He has a house in my hometown and I ran into him once in Baskin Robbins - he was unpleasant enough (and its not like we were asking him for autographs or even TALKING to him or LOOKING at him) to turn me off from Metallica for a looooong time. Rude as heck to the cashier, too, and just generally berated the people in the line for getting in his way while he was trying to get ice cream.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #13  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavidasofa View Post
And I find Alan Rickman sexy, his voice is like velvet. He can read the phone book to me all night long
I never really noticed him until Sense & Sensibility. Sigh. You are so right. Lovely voice... He's what my friends refer to as "sexy ugly".

I have a thing for all the heroes in Jane Austen movies. Jeremy Northam from Emma, Colin Firth from Pride and Prejudice... I guess if they're English and wearing riding boots and a cravat, I'm in love.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm a sucker for a man with good diction: Alan Rickman , Patrick Stewart (Capt. Picard from Star Trek), Sean Connery (yes the older version) ...

Oh, and I'm not embarrassed to admit to crushing on any of them.

At the opposite end of the age spectrum, I think Shia LaBeouf has become quite a hottie.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 08-28-2007 at 03:57 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #15  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Alton Brown from the Food Network... he does a variety of shows, including Good Eats, Feasting on Asphalt, and he's the announcer guy on Iron Chef America. I think it's because I have a HUGE thing for guys who are handsome AND nerdy... haha.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote