Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Talking 08/27/07 New Alli Thread, Support Here Now

Welcome to a new week Alli-cats, and Alli-gators! I hope you all had a good weekend. I did! I havnt been weighing in because I know I have gained!!!
But that is OK, I am under a bit of stress with the job issues so I know it will settle down very soon.

Please read here and support here...but dont forget to go to last weeks thread and catch up....
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #2  

Still, I'm with you about weighing. I know I overdid it a bit on the weekend, so I don't plan to weigh until Thursday. I don't want to get depressed with a gain.

Thingirl, I can help with the 24 hour buffet!! lol

Brightside, going to a party over the weekend would have been my downfall too. I over did it, and I didn't go to a party! I'm back on track today also.
Need to kick up my exercise a bit.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Well I weighed in! Not good! But I knew it wasnt going to be since I've not been on Alli or following plan since before we went away. But I'm considering today to be Day 1! TOM came today so it made for an even more enjoyable weigh in....NOT!! DH is on board with me, I've officially got 36 weeks, 5 days to get myself into serious shape so I can wear a great dress for my graduation. I'm excited to just finally get this done!

Hope everyone is ready to have a wonderful onplan week!! I know I am!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #4  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

yea alli!

i'm back on the plan after being off for a little...

woo hoo! i hope it's a great week!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #5  

It sounds like many of us are tackling this anew this week! I've been doing ok, but just ok. Today (it's only 1:00) I've done great!! lol
Old 08-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #6  
Gettin Closer!!

I agree, lets all focus on being OP this week and getting back on that stupid horse, since we have all either faltered or (in my case) just flat fallen off!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #7  
Melissa

I fell off...but I'm back on...strapped in, buckled down and holding on!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3

Anyone else have trouble remembering to take their pills? I forgot mine at lunch today and just remembered to take my dinner one (just barely within the hour timeframe). Grrr, I'm so darned absentminded.

I leave for vacation on friday this week. I won't be taking it while I'm gone (we'll be in Europe and I don't want to risk any TEs). I fear I'll be seeing a gain upon my return.
Travellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Well, one more lb down. It's a little discouraging, cause I've been pretty good this week, but at least it's in the right direction.
Personal goal for this week is to double the distance walked. I got a good start on it last evening, so let's see how well I stick to it. heheh

Travelin: I've been struggling for the last few weeks to remember to take the pills too. Did better last week, only missed one, but it's tough at times to remember.

Meanwhile, here's a little quote to help us through the day:

“There are two different kinds of people in this world:
those who finish what they start, and ”

---Brad Ramsey
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #10  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone! Yes, definitely time to get back on the horse. Beck - love your quotes! They always make me smile!

Yesterday was my first day of exercising twice a day. Last year I exercised twice a day and it helped me lose 20 pounds in 4 months but then I decided I liked staying up late to watch tv, couldn't get out of bed in the morning and gave up. But, with my dog giving me sad eyes ("why are you walking on that thing when we could be walking outside?!"), I have now hit the treadmill 2 mornings in a row (NSV!). I take the dog out to walk after dinner. So yesterday I walked almost 4 miles total. Today I only had time for 1.5 miles on the treadmill so I'll try to increase my walk with the dog tonight so that I complete 4 miles for the day.

My scale was up this morning but I had popcorn yesterday and a serving of fritos. Hopefully it's just water retention.

I **try** to take my pills with every meal, regardless of fat content. It makes it more of a habit and I'm less apt to forget. If I miss any, it's the pill at lunch just because I don't always sit down to eat lunch and I'm grabbing something on the run. I think the hardest thing is to take the darn pill when I know I will be overindulging...like I did at the party on Friday night. I'm still a bit messed up (orange oil still showing up) but I'm doing better eating-wise and having a more positive frame of mind.

Here we go, one day at a time, one meal at a time!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #11  
Gettin Closer!!

Well, today is my job interview.....I am excited! I have a hair appointment a couple hours before for a wash and style (she always does such a good job for $8) I figure the less I have to do the better, my hair always looks more professional when she does it..lol (good excuse right?)

I am on track today, granted it isnt even 8am yet, but I am done with breakfast...I had my pill, plus my prescription meds. So I am done until lunch today, which will be nice to have at home with hubby....

I am brushing up on some terminology that will help me with the interview and then I am going to FOCUS on staying OP all day, this will be the first day all month that I will be 100% OP!!!! I WILL DO THIS!!!

Good luck everyone! And PLEASE say a prayer and cross your fingers for me today, I REALLY need the extra thoughts!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:08 AM   #12  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

travelin: yep, i was always forgetting to take the pills. Any pills. That's why I use the neuva ring, because two kids is enough!

Stilltrying: good luck on the interview. I have one on thursday.

Speaking of forgetting.... I have been off the alli for so long, when I woke up with cramps and had to run to the bathroom, I though I had food poisoning. Then I remembered: TE's! Shows you where I am....
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #13  

I haven't had any trouble remembering to take my pill, at least so far. But I do have trouble remembering my prescription meds! Not a smart thing!!

Travelin, my suitcase is packed, so just swing by and pick me up on Friday when it's time to leave. I won't take my pills to hold off TE too while we're gone. lol

Beck, I really think it is going to have to be slow and steady for us. It doesn't seem to matter how good I am, I only lose a little or none at all. I know I need to up the exercise. I'll start a water aerobics class next week, so I know that will help. I love the quote!!!

Brightside, good for you on all the walking! I take my dog for walks, but sometimes I have to carry him back if we go to far. lol He's a dachsund, and he's 13 1/2 years old. When he gets pooed out, he'll just go over into the grass and lay down and look at me. He's really quite pitiful.

Stilltryin, good luck!!! You'll do great!!!! I like the idea of getting your hair done. You are definitely in my prayers!!

dcapulet, good luck on your interview on Thursday!! I chuckled about the food poisoning!!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #14  
Melissa

Good Morning everyone! Well I had a fantastic day yesterday and plan to have another one today! Long day of classes for me so no opportunity to be snackin, but daytime isnt my trouble time anyway. I struggle with dinner and late night.

I'm not gonna take the time this morning for personals just know that I support you ALL 110%! I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!! Cant wait to see all the great successes coming from each and every one of you!! We CAN do this!!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #15  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

StillTryin-good luck today!!!!! Great idea to have your hair done. Personally I think if you look good, you feel good! Go for it and let us know how it goes!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote