Old 08-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Exercise question...

The past few days, I have been completely exhausted trying to do the exercise that I normally do. I decided to take it easy yesterday and only do a relatively short walk, but even that tired me out. I feel a little more on top of it today, but I still got unusually tired. I also remember this happening on a few other occasions. I eventually come out of it, but during these times, it feels as though I can't do even the minimal. Any thoughts?
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Happens to me too. Going along great guns then you hit the day when you swear getting out of bed and getting to work on time should count for running a marathon. I've never tracked it relative to TOM, or my diet, but I'd be willing to bet there's an underlying reason for it. Overtraining, improper eating (better than it used to be but maybe not quite right for the current situation), etc. It's a puzzlement.
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #3  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Laurie- any chance you're low on iron? I know when I get my TOM, I have to take Fergon until it's over, or I am wiped out just sitting down, never mind exercising. Has it been very hot where you are? Could you be dehydrated? Are you sleeping well at night? Are you taking in enough calories? I had to increase my calories recently when my exercise picked up- if I didn't eat more I would have either binged or became exhausted. Eventually, once I am more fit, I will lower them.

It could be a number of things, or you could just need a day or two of rest to recharge your batteries. Sometimes our bodies just say "enough!" and need a break.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #4  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

No, no, no, guys, it's been scientifically proven that it's a precise combination of the alignment of the planets, the phase of the moon, wind direction, the color of the third bite of food you had today, and whether the tide is ebbing or flooding. I used to keep close track of that phenomenon, and I'm now absolutely convinced it's completely random for me! As my informal trainer tells me regularly, "Pay attention to your body." It's probably a good thing to try to figure out what causes it, but in the meanwhile, I find it far more important to do something, anything, rather than dogmatically stick to what I did yesterday or the day before. All that does is make me not do anything at all because I just can't face all that today. I think you did exactly the perfect thing by taking an easy walk. Sometimes we forget the need to treat ourselves gently, rather than beat ourselves up for not meeting perfection every day. Not all days are created equal.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:18 PM   #5  
Going down, my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing View Post
No, no, no, guys, it's been scientifically proven that it's a precise combination of the alignment of the planets, the phase of the moon, wind direction, the color of the third bite of food you had today, and whether the tide is ebbing or flooding.
Is there a full moon tonight? Might explain why I'm Coocoo for Cocoa Puffs today.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #6  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I was going to suggest TOM too. 2 days before and the first 3 days I have no energy to do anything.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Sometime overdoing it / overtraining can cause that too. Have you been taking days off here and there? If not you should.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #8  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I've always wondered why some days I'm walking and feeling like I could go for hours and other days it's like I have to think about how to pick up my lead-feeling feet and put them down one in front of the other. I've never found a reason, but it could be nutritional fluctuations.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, come on. Everyone knows why this happens. It's a shift in the cosmic balance due to all those M&M's piling up somewhere that we're not eating anymore!

Seriously - I agree with y'all. Probably low iron or low hydration or low calories. We're really hard on these bods to get the pounds off and I think sometimes they fight back.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Every now and then I get a day where I'm just so darn lethargic, no rhyme, no reason. In the old days, I was feeling pretty listless EVERY day, but that was without a doubt due to all the sugar/carbs. But every so often one of those days pop up now. It sets me all in a panic and I think I'm going to have a string of them. But luckily it doesn't usually even last an entire day.

Yeah, I'd listen to your body. Don't overdo it. Try to drink plenty and get into bed a little earlier then usual. Hopefully it will pass very quickly.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #11  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Is there a full moon tonight? Might explain why I'm Coocoo for Cocoa Puffs today.
And a lunar eclipse! Peaks in about 6 hours.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 AM   #12  
Going down, my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
And a lunar eclipse! Peaks in about 6 hours.
Honest to goodness, I had no idea that the moon was almost full tonight. I saw it, it was gorgeous and it lit up my entire backyard when I put the dogs out to potty a little while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traci in training View Post
Oh, come on. Everyone knows why this happens. It's a shift in the cosmic balance due to all those M&M's piling up somewhere that we're not eating anymore!
Just don't tell my husband where that pile is, or he'll dive into it. That's his favorite candy.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #13  

Height: 5'5"

You guys are so wise - and so much fun! It's good to know that I'm not the only one who experiences this. I definitely will get my iron checked, though. I have had anemia several times in the past, so I should probably have thought of that myself. (Plus, I've been looking for an excuse to go in and see my doctor and show her how "skinny" I've gotten!)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote