Old 08-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #1  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Default Is it true that....

Is it true tha the second or third go around on Atkins/lowcarb is not as successful??? I did really well on it about 5 years ago and was thinking about giving it another go. I gained a lot of weight about 2 years ago when I went back to school (hard to stick to a healthy diet when you have the schedule I did ) I just have had NO luck with Weight Watchers and the traditional calorie counting. I have had sooooo many people tell me that it does not come off quite as easy the next time around.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you look gorgeous now, in your current picture.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I lost all of my weight on Atkins and then switched to calorie counting 6 months into maintenance. I'm finding even now that when I have a gain, dropping the carbs again is what works best (and quickest) for me to drop off any gain.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyedblond View Post
Is it true tha the second or third go around on Atkins/lowcarb is not as successful???
Hi Blueyedblond!

Personally, this is my first & let me be quick to add...ONLY time on Atkins but, from what I've read from other posters here & on other boards I belong to...as well as personal friends....yes, the 2nd time around on Atkins is more difficult. Dr. Atkins himself said "Get Real. Its not 2003 anymore." He put things pretty bluntly but...he's right! Basically, what he meant was....the progression of time & and repeat or yo- yo dieting may make it more difficult to lose weight again.

I can personally tell you, if you follow Atkins the way it was written....you WILL lose weight. Too many people start it incorrectly from the beginning and think they can get away with it and wonder why they aren't losing the weight or why they're stalling. The book sums it up pretty efficiently:

The Rules of Induction: This phase of the Atkins Nutritional Approach™ must be followed precisely to achieve success. If you do it at all incorrectly you may prevent weight loss and end up saying, "Here is another weight-loss plan that didn't work."

Keep it real & you'll do just great!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/219/160

Height: 5'9"

honestly, I found that I'm doing a lot better the second time around. I learned from my mistakes that I made 3/4 years ago, and I'm using my imagination more for food ideas. The only problem I've found is that restaurants and grocery stores aren't so low carb friendly anymore. Years ago you could go into almost any restaurant and get many varieties of LC plates, and there were so many LC things you could by at the grocery store. Now, we have to think of things on our own.

I think with any "dieting" program you just really have to be fully committed, and set goals and rewards (not with food of course!)
2songbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

My experience has been that the very first time I did Atkins, I did it EXACTLY the way The Doc prescribed and had TREMENDOUS results. The following times I did it, I wasn't really committed and did a haphazard low carb approach - I STILL got results, but not as phenomenal, ya know?

This time around I am committed and am getting results similar to the first time I tried this WOL.

I've also added work outs with weights - my 46 yr old menopausal metabolism is thrilled!

Good Luck - you are a beautiful woman in either pic!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote