View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
settie

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I have been struggling with depression for about 10 years and when I start into a bad episode I experience many of the things you've mentioned...not wanting to be with people, going to bed so you won't have to deal with things... Yes, it does feel horrible but for me one of the best things to relieve it is taking meds. Yes, they do have side effects but I'd rather live with that then the depression. Depression meds only work if you take them on a regular basis.

If you are not taking them because you feel they aren't working, you may need a change. I also started seeing a psychologist about a year ago. It is the best thing I've ever done - other than drugs - for my depression. I am doing Cognitive Behavior Therapy with her and I have come to understand and question many of my horrible thoughts and feelings.

Please seek medical help if you need it. Good luck.

230s 220s 210s 200s

settie is offline   Reply With Quote