Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #1  

Default A year ago...

I posted here to whine about how fat I was, and try to get motivated to lose some weight!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92278

I've had some ups and downs, and a lot has changed in my life since then, but I'm definitely less fat today than I was a year and two days ago.

I started a new job where I'm very physically active. In my old job, I was as well, but always at a level where I was sort of maintaining and not pushing myself.

I also finally recognized that dairy was really an issue for me, and went from lacto-ovo vegetarian to pretty much totally vegan.

I was so busy, I sort of forgot to track my weight. I knew I was in better shape and that some of my clothes were getting roomy, of course. When I finally stepped on the scale, I was down thirty pounds! I went from a size 16 to a twelve! I haven't fit into twelves since high school!

Last year, my plan to get a dog to help me be more active was thwarted when I ended up getting a puppy instead of an older dog. This year, not only is she (Juniper) old enough to walk with me, but last week, we decided to take up trail running. We are also fostering a dog a couple of months younger than her, Gus, who also has energy to spare. If I don't walk/run/hike with them every day, they don't let me sit down long enough to eat! I highly recommend this method of forced exercise. Gus and I did a three mile trail run/walk yesterday, and I feel really great. I never thought I would like running...Never!...but I so do.

I have about 35-40 pounds to go to my big goal, and 10-12 pounds to go to my next goal. My reward for my 150 pound goal was to get my next tattoo that I've wanted forever, and the artist I want to do it is booked until December. I'm scheduling it with full confidence that I'll get there.

Amanda
Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #2  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

congratulations on your awesome success! i soooo want a dog, for many reasons but also for the ones you stated! it's a great way to force your butt to get up and exorcise! i'm sure you'll reach your goal by the time December comes around. What tattoo are you going to get?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 AM   #3  

I don't have a final design for the tattoo yet. I'm taking in a bunch of ideas and letting him put it all together. I do know it will include my favorite bird (redwinged blackbird) and some elements of its habitat, sort of stylized. It'll be on my shoulderblade, probably wrapping around to my shoulder and maybe just a tiny bit down my arm if he needs the space. I've never liked my arms, but I have actual muscles now under a layer of slowly disappearing fat.

Last edited by Modjeska; 08-28-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/Look at Ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Congrats to you for all your hard work. I think a tattoo is a great reward and I never thought of it until reading a few posts in this catagory. I love tattoos and I have four already but I havent had a new one in over three years and I want another one so bad. So maybe if I dangle that in my face as a reward instead of an ice cream it will help me achieve my goals. Keep up your hard work and hopefully you will post a picture of your new tattoo and you new self in Dec.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/185/115

Height: 5"3

a year ago...
made me think of where I was a year ago. I was a size 16 and damn proud (I had been a 22 at heaviest). Now I'm an 8, and still going. Loose skin is starting to becomea big problem, which is how I ended up on this forum.
I too, never thought I would like running or walking. Turns out I LOVE walking, I walk everywhere now. I visited England in July and walking places is much more common there, and I was actually disappointed when I came back here because I walked LESS!
My goal for myself was that I wanted to buy a studded belt that wasn't an XXL at Wal-Mart or Torrid. I wouldn't let myself have a studded belt til I could get a L at a regular store. By the time I went to buy it, I was a M.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #6  

I was surprised yesterday the same way! I put on a t-shirt and thought, "Wow, this is getting a little big.." When I started, I was an XL, and that shirt is a L. Well, when I took it off, I realized I had grabbed my son's shirt! He has the same one, but his is a M! I can fit into a M shirt with a little extra room!
Closed Thread