Old 08-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #1  
LC Rooster

Default No wonder it didn't taste right...

So I've been buying those Lipton teas lately, mainly the green teas. The diet ones are pretty good, and aspartame agrees with me (stay fully in ketosis).

I had tried their White Tea in the past, but didn't like it as much as the others. However I wanted a little variety, so picked one up. I went through a full 1.5L bottle of it slowly over the day today between glasses of water.

I still didn't like it as much as the others, and I thought it tasted a bit odd--but I remember it tasting a bit odd before.

I looked at the bottle again in the trash. No diet label on it.

Oops.

AARRRGH!

That's only about 60g over budget for today....
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ohh nooo... don'tcha hate when that happens. I can't tell you how many times I grabbed the wrong item... maybe someone's trying to tell us to SLOW DOWN
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Grrrrrrrrr . . . That's happened to me too!!

I was hungover and think it was some kind of "Replenishing Water" or "Detoxifying Water" in a glass bottle? I was looking thru the convenience store case with my blurred headachy vision when it jumped out at me as something my body may be screaming for!!! The label said something like "4 carbs" . . . . I thought it tasted too sugary by the third gulp . . . put my bifocals on and then saw that the bottle was considered 3-4 servings!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh, such TREACHERY!!!!

(I think it did help my Tylenol activate tho'!!!)
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #4  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Mine was pita bread. I was willing to spend 15g on it so I could have a tuna salad sandwich, found out afterwards that a serving is only half a pita, and I'd just had 30g. That's like those 1.5-oz bags of chips that say "New larger package*" where the footnote says "compared to 1 oz. pkg" which never actually existed -- the old pkg wqas 2 oz. Then you look at the back, and the serving size is like 2 chips, since they claim there are 4 servings in that teeny bag. Of course now I don't care anymore, since chips are just not something that seems like food to me now. Was a time, though...
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:07 AM   #5  
LC Rooster

The big thing I've been catching lately are the other brand diet teas that have 2-4g per 8oz serving. It sounds like they live up to their labels and really do have real fruit juice added.

Looking back now, I realize I actually had a small glass of that stuff the night before, and that's probably why I woke up with a headache that day.

I've been avoiding HFCS for so long I'd forgotten how much I hated it.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Hi brad great to find another dude online we are like gold dust i'm telling you. i notice you been a emember for 4 years like me i'm suprised i've never come across you before.

i'm starting to atkins again last time failed as i'm a crap cook and the food got dull. however in the last 4 years or so my cooking has greatly improved and i'm sad to say the range of dishes has expanded with almost perfect corrolation to my waist line. but now i can do atkins with much much better daily dishes not just bacon and eggs
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:51 AM   #7  
LC Rooster

Heya bud! Yeah, when I finally got back around here on 3FC I noticed the male population had finally climbed a bit!

I started back then, just before my 25th bday. I managed to lose about 75 lbs over a few months. Of course real life got the best of me, my company got bought out and next thing you know I'm living halfway across the country at a new job. I was an idiot and didn't exercise the first time around and went back to old habits and regained about 60 lbs of that.

Fortunately, things have stabilized, and before I even got back onto Atkins I got the exercise started first. Walking a few miles a week and lifting weights for now.

I didn't cook much before I moved away from college, and I ended up in full apartments on campus, so had a kitchen. I actually got into it back then and between that and the exercise I got back then I had lost weight for a while.

Nowadays I'm back cooking again and once again much improved. My latest kick has been boneless skinless chicken breasts with veggies and a different seasoning combo each day cooked in a foil packet in the oven. Comes out perfect every time, and I can get them ready beforehand.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #8  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

my current fav is grilled skinless boneless chicken breast you cook so its slightly under don in the middle cut in half like a pita bread fold the top back then pack with mozerella cheese put the top down and cook till finish! wow calories happiness in a chicken wrap served with olive and feta salad with alittle home made mustard sauce heaven!
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote