Old 08-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/138/118

Height: 5'3"

Default Need to find some sort of diet

Or at least come up with some sort of structured eating plan. Something simple to follow (not thrilled with the idea of counting ever calorie for example). Something where I don't have to go buy special food or weird food items I've never heard of. Are there any basic diets out there like that. I really need some sort of structure cause at meal time, I pretty much look in the fridge, pull something out that sounds good and eat it. Thanks for any tips, I'm happy to check out specific plans if they really work!
bassetbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Whole Foods, watching portion size, might work for you - we have a forum.

South Beach might also work, depending on your eating style now and how much you're willing to change.

I'm a calorie-counter myself, but lots of the whole foods chicks don't count each calorie, so you might try over there.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It all depends on what you want, really. Most plans you have to count something or other (either calories, points, carbs, exchanges of certain foods, etc.) or you have a list where some things are forbidden (like South Beach) so it depends on what you want to do.

If you don't want to eat specific prepackaged foods-then don't go for Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, etc.

The key is, researching the different options and learning about them, and decide which one you can do for LIFE. Don't make it a diet...make it a lifestyle change. I diet has an end, and when it ends you gain weight back, so you have to find what you can do for life. I am a calorie counter as well, and after the first couple weeks of getting used to doing it, it doesn't take much time at all...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/138/118

I'll check out South beach and maybe look into calorie counting. My main thing is I'm not a fan of prepackaged foods or the diets where they suggest eating things I've never heard of. I am flexible on having to count things, just don't want super complicated. Thanks for the suggestions.
bassetbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am a calorie counter , too. Along with being flexible, reliable it costs nothing and will teach you how to eat after you reach goal. It does take a little planning, I don't know about you , but it was because I didn't plan that I reached 206 pounds, my all time high at 206 pounds.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/ Ticker / 122

I eat every three hours to boost my metabolism. I'll have something healthy for breakfast (whole wheat toast, Special K cereal bar, or whatever) then I have a snack about 3 hours later, usually a 100 calorie pack, or some fruit. Then lunch I tend to have a small portion of leftover dinner or a smart ones / lean cuisine. Then right before I leave work (so I don't go home and raid the fridge) I have another small snack. Then just a healthy dinner. I pay attention to portion sizes and put things in pre portioned bags. I eat on a smaller plate (to trick my mind, even if you put a lot on a small plate, its usually less then what you put on a big plate when you think you are putting only a little). That's basically it. I do use fitday.com to count my calories but I am not a fanatical calorie counter. I am just conscious about what I eat. It's working for me and the best thing is I don't feel deprived or hungry (hunger is a diets worst enemy). Hope this helps!!
zdmorrow413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #7  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Yeah i would say if you want "free reign" of foods, then try cutting portions, and maybe try to cut out or cut back on some of the fatty ones, like deep fried ones, or have smaller sweets, ect. You may not see much change immediately but in the long run you will. Any remember, as someone else said here somewhere, losing weight is not a sprint.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote