Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 06:00 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default The Lo Carb Mother's Day Trip

Day1

It's Monday and raining.

WHo's on the bus? Check in.

Keep the "director" posted daily on your progress, plans success and "speed bumps"
Old 04-01-2002, 11:02 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Day 1

OP so far although it is early I will be charing my foods and water.

and exercise

e- slow today did not go very far did not warm up enough and ended up with cramps in the legs wehn trying to run my shins were really in pain and so were my calves, will take more potassioum as i willl be losing much wehn i diurese from the water retention (even my eyes are puffy)

f-

w- 2 20 oz of coffee so far and 8 of water.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:50 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

April 1 report.

The day was miserable weather wise, both outside and inside mt head. The brief side trip into carbville on saturday kept me craving most of the day. But I resisted!! just made me miserable.

Got my water in
Ate OP all day.
worked out for 45 mins in the morning.

I want to weigh 222#!!

I am carrying a couple of #'s of fluid UGH! It must be gone!!!!
Old 04-02-2002, 11:30 AM   #4  

Okay, I am new here, but I am on the bus!
Mother's Day is a good goal for me to work towards, because I am suppose to go to Vegas the weekend before, and I don't want to scare everyone if I put on a swim suit on. I am currently just trying to eat healthy, go to the gym and drink 8 glasses of water a day. I am sick of fad diets! It is the gym part that is killing me! I went to the store and bought myself some gold stars, so everyday that I work out, I put a star on my calendar. Silly, but it is nice to look and see a calendar full of stars, helps keep me motivated! Anyways, just wanted to check in and say goodluck to everyone!

LK
Old 04-02-2002, 12:58 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

LK great to have you aboard. the stars are a great motivator. many use that method!!!

I am an avid workouter so if you need some on on your back I will be there and it is twice as hard with me on your back just ask Pat!

today i did 20 min walking at 5%grade at 3.5 - 4 MPH tough on the shin cramps I think i like running better! then did hard upperbody workout. I amy not be able to type tomorow so i am doing this today!!

I was a bit high on the carbs yesterday but much lower than the last weeks, the water was good to.

today is goal for water carbs, protein I will let you know how I do.
Old 04-03-2002, 05:43 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

LK- A huge welcome!!! I like your name. Stars are a great visual motivator. I have never been to vegas.

Hey Sue that is true, you are a dedicated exerciser and have built so much endurance etc. Are you still seeing the cabana boy?

Well

Day 2 report.

I am sad to say that I ate 2 not 1 but 2 pieces of cake. To be honest with you I could have rolled naked in it ( sorry for that visual). .

BUt I m aback on track, of course it is only 5:30 am and how much trouble can I get into? My plan for today is strictly Atkinsish. The metal taste is gone teh scale held at 229# this am. SO I probably won't see a loss this week.

Will let you know how the rest of my day goes tomorrow.

Good luck everybody.

Any more lurkers want t o sign on?
Old 04-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

EEEWWW I understand the need. that is where i was last week! but just as the ketosis is not there that does not mean you will not see a loss, just pretend that today was a CAD and keep OP for the rest of the time.

I did not to bad today OP all the way till DD gave me 7 black jelly beans and 1 mini piece of dark chocoalte. i saved the yellow beans for another day i may just save them for mothers day!! LOL that is all the bad things I did today but i will say less than 60 carbs today and that is where my goals is as wih the exercise i need to be higher on the carbs

Yes i do see my cabana boy he gave me a big upper body yesterday (workout) I am a bit tender today

today i did 3 miles on the elliptical 34 min of hard workout! i was planning on doing 3 miles running but all the treadmills were being used.

So report in LK how did your day go???

Pat how is the day today?? no more cake? and exercise??
Old 04-04-2002, 06:19 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Hi, Day 3 was much better

water good

worked out in the morning

OP all day NO CAKE!!

Much better

The scale says 228# this morning. SO I will probably be able to stay the same tomorrow

Nice workout sue!!!!

Hey LK how are things going?
Old 04-04-2002, 11:19 AM   #9  

Hey everyone,
Yesterday sucked! Had a bad headache for most of the day. Stayed home from work because of it. So all I did all day was eat! Tried to keep it healthy but then the Easter Basket full of Chocolate just kept calling my name! I made my husband take it to work this morning so all his coworkers could eat it! I still went to the gym, I did 15 minutes on the Elliptical, 15 minutes on the bike and then 30 minutes of weight training (Arms and stomache). so hopefully today will be better! I am thinking about a nice big salad for lunch! 8:00 in the morning and I am already thinking about lunch! And the last bad thing was I gained 2 lbs. I hope it is water weight! Hope you guys have a good day!

-LK
Old 04-04-2002, 10:09 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

LK i know you do not do low carb but if you have been eating tons of sugar for the easter week and now have cut down on the amount of sugar you may be having a carb withdrawl.

is not uncommon to have a headache especially when comming down from carb high (I am having one all day today) and feeling verry yuchy. that will pass in a few days (I keep telling my self) My jelly beanns are calling me i had about 8 of them today i must throw them out!!! I willc ontinue o eat them till they are gone and the kids really do not like them but i srue do!!!

the rest of the day was fine. much running not as good on the water as i would have liked but great considering the running i did.

eating was good except the jelly beans

exercise YES 20 min wlak on the treadminll and then lower body hard!!! My cabana boy!!!

Pat I think you have sent the cake down here I have been fighting all day!!! I am getting rid of the jelly beans!! (tomorow)
Old 04-05-2002, 01:47 AM   #11  
gbo

Girls, I am here with you! Doing well but Tom dropped in today with a vengence. My legs puffed up so I am now almost scared of the scale. Will I ever know what my weight is??????????

It is so funny really everything has jumped up to bounce me around but HA HA I will know eventually!!!!!

I am doing great. Very OP. I even attended a church function last week and made one of my all but the floor sweepings salads and my darlings it was huge. They wiped it out and never even used the dressings! We have a town function to go to Saturday evening and after a day of painting the livingroom who knows what shape we will be in. But I am moving , moving , moving and on my own steam. Hubbys family will be here the 19th and there is so much to do!!! I am a very busy girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I amy be here off and on for several weeks but I will be here as much as possible. Love you all.
Pam
Old 04-05-2002, 05:26 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Well
Day 4 was ok except no workout. UGH. Very Atkins like and teh craving for candy are a low murmur!

Sue I am sorry about the cake . Yes just throw those evil eggs away!! Great work out as usual.

LK- I hope your head is better! ANd we always have a fresh start!!! Evil bunny anyway!

Pam The salad sounds great! It is nice that you are getting yourself out and about!

I am going ahead to day 5! 36 days till Mother's Day

Are we going to make it girls?

You bet we are!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 11:09 AM   #13  

Good Morning All!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good!

Yesterday was much better. Finally recovered from all the meds I had to take for my headache. Felt hungover all day! I get chronic migraines, so my medication is heavy duty. Today I am feeling great! I did very well yesterday. Eggs for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and pot roast for dinner. We went out for dinner and I had the waiter not even put the potato on my plate! If it is not on my plate, then I can't eat it! Did great on the water! I keep one of the 1.5 liter bottles at my desk at work and try to drink one and a half a day! Then at the gym I feel like I drink about 10 gallons! Gym was good too, did the rowing machine for 15, bike for 20 and weight training for my back and legs! Lost all the water weight that I gained. Woo Hoo!

Hope everyone's day is goes well! And let's keep up the good work.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:54 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

I ran for 4 miles friday but my hip is hurting today like it was when i was doing the belly dancing it is not the hip itself but where the muscles attatch to the illiac crest (the high area on the bone that sticks out) so no exercise for a few day till it calms down it is sore to the touch I am not sure what it is) just load up on ibuprofen i guess)

Bad day for food today too check out the daily but am trying to get back OP. could have been worse but today i just was too stressed out the kids were not the problem but the son of mine did me in today i was searching the house for their easter baskets i can safely say there is no more candy in the house!!!! not thatthere was much in the first place but it is definatly gone today!!!

si LK i am back to i think i can i think i can i think i can!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 09:49 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Guess who I have heard from!!! DANA!!!

She will be back some time soon!
Closed Thread