Old 08-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/157/130

Height: 5'7.5

Default nuts removed as a fat?

I am on plan 2, and my precious almonds are now considered a protein, and removed from the fats. This is horrible for me, because now I can have 2 fats, but my most healthy choices are now limited. Does anyone know if nuts can also be used as a fat like the old plan, or is this only on the LA Express??
Nikkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #2  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

so did your center change names? I haven't heard of anything changing in Canada till now.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #3  

They call it the "New LA Weight Loss" on the phone. I didn't ask if they were changing names to Pure Weight loss. They began the new program last Monday they told me.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 AM   #4  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Naomi mine didn't change names but we changed to the new plans almost 2 weeks ago.
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I am in Ottawa and we changed over about 3 weeks ago.

I am on plan 2 as well, and 6 Almonds count as a fat. I was never told to do a takeoff or express plan as I have heard others talk about. Perhaps it is an express thing...regular plan does allow it though

I love almost all nuts, so am glad we can use them as a fat
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Nik-

Don't fret, it's only an Express thing. I was seriously concerned with that when they put me on the new Express plan, but after 4 weeks you go to the regular plan and nuts are back as a fat. The only thing is on the new plan you get far fewer nuts as a fat than on the old plan.

If you can just stick it out for 4 weeks, there are so many better things on the regular plan. Some people they started on the Express version (think of it as the Excel plan on the colored plans) and others they skipped that phase and went straight to the regular plan. I think it had to do with how well you were losing on the old plan. I wasn't losing very well (no where near 2lbs. a week) so when I switched I went on Express. My aunt who has no trouble losing 2lbs. a week skipped Express and went straight to the new plan.

One other hint...while on Express enjoy those waffles and cornflakes because they become consume infrequently's when you switch. You can't have syrup on Express, so I put my peanut butter on the waffle and it is great, especially with a glass of milk!

Hope this helps,
Kathryn
living the lifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #7  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

I have both the LA Express book and the Free to Live book here in front of me. In LA Express is says under Vegetarian Proteins "Nuts, any variety, unsalted...1 oz." As Kathryn said, they are back to being a fat in the Free to Live book, BUT they are listed in both places (veg. proteins and fats) depending on the quantity. As a veg. protein, you still get 1 oz of any nuts, but as a fat, you get 6 unsalted almonds.

Hope that helps!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm glad I get to have them as a fat again.