Old 08-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Another "kick me back in line"

OK, I have slacked off toooo much these last few days. It started last Friday, hubby and I were going to go out to dinner for our anniversary. I knew that ahead of time, and planned for it. Then Saturday I had a family reunion....the potluck type. OK....again, not a disaster. Since I started, I have let myself have more freedom on the weekends. I know it doesn't work for everyone and eventually I will need to reign in that freedom, but so far, for me, it's worked. So, I thought I would move to two relaxed days to Fri-Sat and go back OP Sun. Great idea, but it didn't happen. I'm still not eating OP. I start the day pretty well, with my breakfast and lunch, but by dinner, I am definately going off plan. The good news is I haven't binged on anything...I just have gone back to the dinners I used to have....higher calorie, higher fat, etc. I also haven't exercised since last Thursday. Ugh!! I consider myself very lucky so far, in that the scale was 289 this morning, up 2 from my low, and TOM will be here later today.....granted, any damage I've done can take a few days to show up. But I know I need to get my butt back in gear and start doing the right things again....but to be honest, a part of me is thinking "eh, why? You haven't gained back a lot of the loss....give yourself a break and start again Monday. As much as you have to lose, it'll be a while anyway." Yes, logically I know waiting to start again Monday is similar to the whole breaking one egg so you throw away the whole carton thing. I don't know if it's TOM coming, or what...but I for some reason today feel like "whats the point." I know 17 pounds gone isn't a great amount, but I would think I'd feel more of an impact from it. I dont know if I am explaining that right. I know no one is going to see me and say "Wow, you've lost weight" after just 17. Yeah, some of my clothes have gotten looser, but again...no one see thats but me. I know I am doing this for me, and no one else, but it would be nice for someone to notice. I know...I have a ways to go before anyone does, so I am probably setting myself up for disappointment just waiting for that day to come. I'm sorry to ramble on...I just am in a funk, I guess. I know getting back on track will ultimately help me feel better, but it's just so much easier to not, know what I mean? So...someone, kick me and tell me to just get over it and do it. Please?
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Christy ,
The only things I can tell you, I am sure you all ready know.
First think of loosing the weight you loss, don't you feel better with it gone?
If you don't get back on plan what is going to happen? Do you think you will keep on gaining? Are you happy with that?
I don't know how old you are , but for the past 16 yrs I have tried to lose weight, I would loose up to 20 lbs and then go off plan, gain the 20 back and 20 more, this cycle would go on and on, so from being 180 lbs in 1990 I went up to over 279 in May of this year. Your body as you get older, feels the weight more, your feet hurt, back hurts, it is harder to want to exercise. Plus aren't you tired of being limited to clothing choices? I know I am.
I know, believe me I know it is exteremly hard to stay on plan daily and do this, there are so many times, I want to give up, I want to stop, not exercise, or eat an ice cream cone. I just wrote on my blog, that I am afraid to give away my bigger clothes, because I am afraid of gaining the weight back and having to buy bigger clothes again. But I think I am worth it, I am worth a healthy body, I am somebody and so are you . I believe in you and I know you can find the strength to get back on plan.
So get up and get back on plan!!! Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #3  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Hey Christie,

Look, what you don't need another kick in the pants (you seem to be doing a good job kicking yourself), what you need is a plan. Get a plan, get organized, get excited!

Don't start on Monday. Don't start tomorrow. START TODAY. Have your healthy snack and light dinner. Drink your water.

This afternoon take an hour or two for YOUSELF and figure out why you stopped, and then figure out how to FIX it. Get yourself moving on doing something towards your goal instead of whining about how hard it is to get there.

I swear, if instead of whining I would have been exercising you guys would have seen me in the Olympics.

And what if no one notices!!! I came back to the US after 6 months and 40 pounds lighter and the most my best (guy) friend said was "Wow, you're really tanned". Yes, it did kind of hurt, but I know that I wasn't doing this for the attention. I was doing this for me. Keep working! Keep going forward! The attention will come. Trust me.

Weight loss doesn't have immediate rewards, especially in the first weeks. But as everything you do becomes a habit, it does get easier, and by that time you'll start to see the results. Don't give up, not without giving it your best. And even then, try again. You haven't messed anything up, but it's time to keep going.

START TODAY!

Good luck!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

You know, I understand the waiting until Monday thing. Don't do it, start now! I did the same thing with waiting until Monday, but it took me two weeks to get back to doing it right. Not a good thing! It is just hard to break the cycle when you get off plan.

BTW, Archy, welcome back to the states! Glad to be back?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

17 pounds is a TON!!!! Don't sell your efforts short! Think about a 20 pound bag of cat food....you've almost lost THAT MUCH!

I, too, crave things during my cycle. For the salt cravings I find that roasted almonds work great. Sweet cravings for me are satisfied by fruit. Seriously. I know it doesn't sound plausible but for me it works. If I'm having severe cravings I don't get WAY hung up on calories (still tight...but not rigid) and I'll eat the nuts or the fruit. It's healthier than holding out and holding out until I binge on something completely unhealthy.

Good luck! Remember, this, too shall pass!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #6  
Reluctant Adult

Hi, Christy,

I don't think you need a kick -- I think you need a cheer!! Seventeen pounds? Don't kid yourself; that's a lot of weight gone!! Think what's already better because of your efforts!!

I've only lost eleven pounds to date and like you, I have a lengthy road ahead to get to where I want to be. But with just those eleven pounds gone, already:

1. My feet don't hurt quite so much when I get out of bed in the morning;

2. My stomach isn't the first thing you see pressing against my t-shirts;

3. I was able to put on a pair of jeans for the first time in, uhh, quite awhile. Granted, they're the biggest jeans I ever bought and I swore if I outgrew them I'd get my sorry, ever-expanding butt on a weight loss program (it was another 10 pounds before I did that)... but how nice to wear something besides stretch pants, finally!!

So it can only get better from here out, right?

Archy's right: Get back to the plan foods now, drink the water, continue on as before. Tomorrow you will be so glad you did, and you'll be on your way to another seventeen pounds gone -- and think how great THAT will be!!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oh, miserable funk! I know thee well.

Christy, having just popped out of a two week funk, I'll tell you, you just have to start back right now. Even if you don't want to. Just start right now and let the rest of your decisions today be good ones. Then do it all over again tomorrow. In a few days you'll wonder why you ever stopped in the first place. Funks are your brains way of trying to get you back into your comfort zone of bad habits. It's the child inside us saying, "I don't wanna." You know better. You know what you need to do. 17 pounds shows that. Remember how hard it was to lose those pounds. Don't undo your hard work!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Christy, you don't have to be perfect to be successful, you just have to have commitment. That means get back on track again right now! I have lost 24 lbs, and nobody has really noticed yet either - I'm going for 100 total. But I've noticed! I feel better, my clothes aren't tight, etc. You have lost the first 17, you are doing great, think about how good that feels, and now keep going, one day at a time, one hour at a time...
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Okay. It's so much easier to NOT go back on plan? Ummm, well I guess, kinda. But what about the CONSEQUENCES of eating off plan?

I can only speak from personal experience. For me there was NOTHING easy about being morbidly obese. NOTHING. I found it to be EXTREMELY difficult. Every day was a nightmare for me. I was always worried. About my health, about my future, about my role in my children's and unborn grandchildrens future. I was worried about yes - the darn seats where ever I went. My knees KILLED. I could barely walk a block. I was embarrassed by my clothing, my size, my HORRENDOUS inactivity. I was ALWAYS in a funk - too much carbs and sugar. I had ZERO energy. All of those things have completely and totally reversed itself.

Though it might be a struggle to stay ON plan at times, it's a struggle well worth fighting and not giving into. No matter how difficult it is to stay ON plan, it's way, way, WAY easier then being morbildy obese, IMO that is.

Christy, I'm sorry you're going through this. You have lost 17 lbs!!! 17 lbs. Hellooo - you are off to a fine start. There's much more rewards just ahead for you. I promise you. Forget about Monday. Times a wastin'. Get back with the program - pronto - NOW in fact. The sooner you do, the better you will feel. You CAN do this. It's a doable thing and you CAN do it. And it is so incredibly worth it, I can't even begin to tell you. It's something you must experience for yourself.

Edited to add, I hope I didn't kick you too darn hard. I never know just how hard to kick.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

yeah, that's the thing.....it's such a slippery slope. If I 'give' myself a bit too much slack, or think that it's just way to hard to follow my plan, it doesn't take long before I'm so far gone back down the slippery slope that it could be months before I have the strength to pull myself up again into a healthy way of living. Although the food is always so dang appealing, and although it's nice to not think about making time for exercise, and although it's easier and softer to just give up and try to accept myself as I am....the bottom line is that I don't want to live at this level of obesity. Even having lost 15-20 pounds, it makes a huge difference.

Get back on the horse Christy. Think about how much better you'll feel tomorrow and a week from now and a month from now. Do it for yourself. You'll thank yourself later on.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyDM View Post
I'm sorry to ramble on...I just am in a funk, I guess. I know getting back on track will ultimately help me feel better, but it's just so much easier to not, know what I mean? So...someone, kick me and tell me to just get over it and do it. Please?
Christy, I understand. Last Friday, Hubby and I had an opportunity to go on a date night. I allowed myself to go off-plan with no preparation. For some reason, I've not been able to get myself back on-plan and moving forward again. I'm in a funk, too, and I think part of that funk is the feeling of having failed yet again and being so incredibly aggravated with myself. But, really, what is our option? Do we allow ourselves to just quit and stay fat forever? Boy, that is a depressing thought! So, lets get going again.......now. What do you say? You with me?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 304/280/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Christy, I understand. Last Friday, Hubby and I had an opportunity to go on a date night. I allowed myself to go off-plan with no preparation. For some reason, I've not been able to get myself back on-plan and moving forward again. I'm in a funk, too, and I think part of that funk is the feeling of having failed yet again and being so incredibly aggravated with myself. But, really, what is our option? Do we allow ourselves to just quit and stay fat forever? Boy, that is a depressing thought! So, lets get going again.......now. What do you say? You with me?
THANK YOU RHONDA!!! Ya know....until I read that, I hadn't made the connection that my funk was directly related to me being annoyed with myself. Ding, ding, my lightbulb just went off. That is exactly why I am in my mood. Forget PMS, TOM, whatever. I had been so happy and proud of myself for dropping those first 17, and then with this going off plan and not getting right back on, I started to doubt myself and think this would be like the other times I've tried to lose weight. But I know I can't let that happen. I'm 30 years old....I spent all of my adult years and most of my teen years overweight. Hubby and I want to have a baby within the next two years or so. I need to do this. I HAVE to do this. Otherwise, I'll risk myself and a baby if I get pregnant at this weight....if I can even get pregnant at this weight. And if I do have a baby I want to be an active happy mommy, not a sad overweight one. There's no choice...I have to pull myself up and get going again.

To everyone else who has posted encouragement, THANK YOU as well. I cried when I read some of the replies. But now that I've had my "got it" moment, the funk is gone! I refuse to let it stick around. I think I am going to go to Walmart later and find something (hand weights, sack of dog food, etc.) that weighs 17 pounds and carry it for a while...just so I know what I have accomplished. Thank you again to all of you. I love 3FC and the support I get here!
ChristyDM is offline   Reply With Quote