Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #1  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Default "Fat Girl" in the mirror

Hi Guys and Gals,
I know Tina touched not to long ago on when to stop losing so this is kind of along those lines...does anyone else have to fight with the fat girl in the mirror?? I am coming up on my goal. I am wearing a size 8-10. I know in my head that I've lost a pretty significant amount of weight. BUT when I look in the mirror I still see the same old fat girl! I don't know what to do with myself.. I don't think losing more is the answer. Just hoping I'm not alone here....
KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM   #2  
Princess Heather

Kim,
You are not alone at all. I think the biggest part of weight loss isn't losing the weight it's the game your brain plays with you when you do. I've lost about 15 pounds yet I don't see it. I guess the only answer is to focus on what you have accomplished and keep fighting that "fat girl" until she's GONE! I know that's my plan!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Kim-It took a while for my brain to catch up with my new body. I honestly dont think I would have ever been happy with the way I looked without the tummy tuck. I hated my stomach so much that I still felt like the fat girl. I couldnt focus on the positives because all I saw was the flabby gut. I know surgery isnt for everybody but thats what helped me. You're doing great, I hope you find a way to convince your mind that its as tiny as the rest of you!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #4  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

i feel the same... it horrible and for some reason in my mind i think that it doesnt matter what i weigh its me compared to others and if i was the similar size then i wouldnt feel like the 'big girl' and i would be happy lol it sucks i no! and ive lost 11lbs and havent seen it in the mirror at all but my pants are starting to tell me otherwise lol and all i keep saying to keep me motivated is... if you carry on loosing weight then EVENTUALLY theres bound to be some difference! you cant loose 14lbs or 28lbs without not noticing right?

Last edited by FlabbyHarry; 08-22-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: mistakes ahhhhhhhhh!
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:52 PM   #5  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

It's sooooo hard to change our self images. Do you have some before and current picture? I'm sure you would see a big difference! Or...think about when you were at your highest weight. Did you think to yourself, "If only I could get back down to X pounds, I would look so much better"? Well you're there! Or dig out some old pictures of when you think you looked great...are you at that weight again?
I am the same height as you, Kim...and weigh a little more. Until you get to 135, you'll probably be wearing a 6-8 which is awesome!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Kim, I've struggled with this same issue. I'm 5'7 and in the 140's. I have been maintaining for over a year. I keep thinking if I could just reach 135 I'd feel thin. But, realistically this is as low of a weight as I can maintain at and I'm not willing to starve. Everyone else tells me I'm thin now, so for Now I'm gonna just have to listen to them. I think my mind will eventually catch up with my body.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #7  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Kim - I'm not anywhere near goal - still 16 lbs away - but even with losing 29 pounds it's still hard for me to see myself as being trimmer than I was. I tried on some clothes at Kohl's today and just couldn't bring myself to pick up the 10's even though the 12's were too big. I finally did try a pair of jeans on in a 10 but then I couldn't buy them. I thought to myself that maybe this is just a fluke and I should really go back to the 14/16 I was wearing in May. Like maybe this weight isn't going to last or something will happen and I'll wake up and it will have all been a dream that I created. Makes no sense whatsoever I know and I'm just sort of rambling on here. Sorry. Anyway, just to let you know that you look terrific and you should be more than proud of your accomplishment. I know everyone on this board is.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Kim, I can sort of relate. I have had the fat girl complex almost all my life (even though for most of it I was never overweight). I am 5’5, 27 years old, and only weighed 130 lbs up until about 5 years ago, when I started to put on weight. For whatever reason, all through elementary, high school, college, first few years at work – I always thought I was a big girl or “big boned” . When I look in the mirror or at photographs of myself I want to cry. I see a big fat ugly blob staring back at me. I have been told by people that they can really see the weight coming off of me – but I don’t see much of a difference at all. Even in photographs. I have lost 30 lbs. and 21 inches. I went from wearing a size 18-20 to a size 14-16. I know this, but I don’t see it…
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

If you want to be somebody else,
If you're tired of feelin' so left out,
If you want to be somebody else,
Change your mind!!!

My advice.......you gotta fake it till you make it. Look back at old pictures and put them side by side with new ones. Just pretend you are thin........and you will be
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #10  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

I have to keep the pictures side by side. Otherwise, I still think I should be wearing a size 16 and not a size 8.

I actually got pissed yesterday when I was cleaing the floor and found a $200 Calvin Klein blazer down to $4.99. I actually went in my head if I hadn't lost the weight--it's the bargain for of the year!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #11  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Okay, you want to hear something funny? I have the opposite problem. I'll think I look awesome, and then pass by a mirror and think, Who the heck is THAT? And then I'll be sad, because I think I look fat, and that the mirror at home lied to me.

Sounds like we all have problems.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #12  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

I feel your pain! I was just telling my husband about this tonight. I wanted to drop my goal to 130 because I can't get rid of this baby fat belly I've got. A tummy tuck would do the trick but that won't happen any time soon. Everyone says I look fine or too thin but I don't see it yet. Maybe in time we will??
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #13  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Thanks guys! Maybe I'll have DH take some pictures, I usually try to avoid the camera so I don't have any real recent pics. I do remember in the past when I looked at pictures of when I thought I was heavy and to my suprise I wasn't really. Pity party is over....time to move on!
KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

LOL Megan you crack me up girl!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:03 PM   #15  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsqrl View Post
Okay, you want to hear something funny? I have the opposite problem. I'll think I look awesome, and then pass by a mirror and think, Who the heck is THAT? And then I'll be sad, because I think I look fat, and that the mirror at home lied to me.

Sounds like we all have problems.
totally that's me!!!! then I go through a "I'm so fat" phase, totally bi-polar on my weight and looks.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote